Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Russell Wilson Seriously Considering Playing Baseball?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Is Russell Wilson Seriously Considering Playing Baseball? Reply with quote

I just heard that Wilson is planning to attend Texas Rangers spring training, with the implication that he's approaching this seriously? Please tell me this isn't true. I mean, it's great if he wants to play two sports--I guess--but I can't help but feel this will either hurt him (literally) as a football player.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to give a speech to the lockerroom about how to win and get a picture taken for a baseball card. Don't worry. He's not leaving the Seahawks.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he knows he wants to continue to get better, and get another championship, I think this may just for being able to get out there again and playing. Plus some exercise.

Kempes

#JDI
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, the thought of him leaving the Seahawks didn't cross my mind (now, that would bum me out)--the thought of him playing two sports, by itself, is enough to be concerned. There's the health issue first of all, and then there's the QB position. It just seems like it takes so much to be good at the QB position that playing another sport would or could hurt his development.

Here's the thing--and I'll bring up baseball story to illustrate where I'm coming from. A Houston Astros scout went to the organization and said, "Pick this guy--he's going to be leading the team to many championships to come." That guy turned out to be Derek Jeter (and when the Astros didn't pick him, the scout quit). That's how I feel about Wilson--I think he could lead Seattle to multiple championships, who knows how many.

Injuries were the biggest obstacle, in my mind (besides the quality of the team he played for), but I think playing two sports could also get in the way of that.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see this as an issue. Russell said after his first spring-training that he wanted to commit to football 100%. I see him doing this to keep himself fit but also be away from football and relax at the same time.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's too short to play baseball

Seriously though, I give a .000001% chance he plays professional baseball.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I really hope you guys are right. (Would the Rangers be cool with him just going there to do something different and get in shape--without any serious interest in becoming a baseball player, though?)
green24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzaloha wrote:
Man, I really hope you guys are right. (Would the Rangers be cool with him just going there to do something different and get in shape--without any serious interest in becoming a baseball player, though?)

Yes, that's what they expect.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll also bring some positive media attention.
redforman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an Ms fan, I already disliked the Rangers, and now them drafting our QB makes me hate them. But no Russell is not leaving us to play baseball. He wants to have a long football career and win multiple championships.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes attending but he doesn't plan on doing much from what i heard.
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Russell Wilson's agent, Mark Rodgers, clarified that Wilson has no plans to actively participate in Rangers spring training.

Yea! I'm so glad you guys were right! (Whew.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: