Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd round pick (68th overall) WR DeVier Posey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jargin


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7038
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta ask something about Marvin Jones.

If he is SO talented like you say AA and he is going to be such a BEAST, then why didn't he get even HALF the recognition that previous Cal receivers DeSean Jackson and Lavelle Hawkins get????????

If he is so good and he is going to be such a monster then why is it that there isn't a single person in the media or on his coaching staff or from his conference that said he will be at least as good as Jackson, Hawkins if not better?

You wanna know why there isn't a single person who said that?
Its because hes not as good as them. And he never will be.
_________________



[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14159
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
I gotta ask something about Marvin Jones.

If he is SO talented like you say AA and he is going to be such a BEAST, then why didn't he get even HALF the recognition that previous Cal receivers DeSean Jackson and Lavelle Hawkins get????????

If he is so good and he is going to be such a monster then why is it that there isn't a single person in the media or on his coaching staff or from his conference that said he will be at least as good as Jackson, Hawkins if not better?

You wanna know why there isn't a single person who said that?
Its because hes not as good as them. And he never will be.


Of course! You nailed it, just like Tom Brady was not a starter because he sucked, just like David Carr was the best thing since sliced bread and he led us to all those super bowl wins, or what about Charles Rogers, one of the most can't hit prospect, he is catching Jerry on all those records, right? Yup, Arian Foster lived up to his UDFA billing too, just a crap player with a terrible attitude. Those scouts and coaches are ALWAYS right and NAIL every prospect perfectly. Glad you made me realize my ignorance and thank you for showing me the light Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grasspike


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5161
Location: Remote Wilderness
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
I gotta ask something about Marvin Jones.

If he is SO talented like you say AA and he is going to be such a BEAST, then why didn't he get even HALF the recognition that previous Cal receivers DeSean Jackson and Lavelle Hawkins get????????

If he is so good and he is going to be such a monster then why is it that there isn't a single person in the media or on his coaching staff or from his conference that said he will be at least as good as Jackson, Hawkins if not better?

You wanna know why there isn't a single person who said that?
Its because hes not as good as them. And he never will be.


Of course! You nailed it, just like Tom Brady was not a starter because he sucked, just like David Carr was the best thing since sliced bread and he led us to all those super bowl wins, or what about Charles Rogers, one of the most can't hit prospect, he is catching Jerry on all those records, right? Yup, Arian Foster lived up to his UDFA billing too, just a crap player with a terrible attitude. Those scouts and coaches are ALWAYS right and NAIL every prospect perfectly. Glad you made me realize my ignorance and thank you for showing me the light Rolling Eyes


Relax, guys. Can we please stop talking about Marvin Jones? Let's keep the discussion on DeVier Posey, not another receiver that is not a Texan and will probably not ever be.
_________________

Sig by matthouston91
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dangerous59


Joined: 24 Nov 2006
Posts: 3330
Location: Baylor University
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Of course! You nailed it, just like Tom Brady was not a starter because he sucked, just like David Carr was the best thing since sliced bread and he led us to all those super bowl wins, or what about Charles Rogers, one of the most can't hit prospect, he is catching Jerry on all those records, right? Yup, Arian Foster lived up to his UDFA billing too, just a crap player with a terrible attitude. Those scouts and coaches are ALWAYS right and NAIL every prospect perfectly. Glad you made me realize my ignorance and thank you for showing me the light Rolling Eyes


You're dealing with extremes here.

Not every 6th rounder is going to be Tom Brady just not like every 6th Rounder is going to be Spergon Wynn. (Wynn was the QB drafted right before Tom Brady.) Quarterbacks drafted in the 6th will more likely be Wynn than Brady.

In the same way, WR's drafted in the 6th will more likely be Jaymar Johnson than Pierre Garcon. (These were two WR drafted in the 6th round in the 2008 draft.) WR in the first round are more likely going to be Andre Johnson like players than Carlos Rodgers.

Go look at the pro bowl, more skill level players are drafted in the 1st-2nd rounds than late round picks. Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Dewayne Bowe, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, A.J Green, Julio Jones, are all top WR's.

People either drafted after the 6th or undrafted that are top receivers are Wes Welker, Marques Colston, Antonio Brown, Victor Cruz and Miles Austin. My point is not that just because Jones' is a 6th rounder that he is going to flop, but he is more likely to flop than 1st and 2nd round picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14159
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous59 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Of course! You nailed it, just like Tom Brady was not a starter because he sucked, just like David Carr was the best thing since sliced bread and he led us to all those super bowl wins, or what about Charles Rogers, one of the most can't hit prospect, he is catching Jerry on all those records, right? Yup, Arian Foster lived up to his UDFA billing too, just a crap player with a terrible attitude. Those scouts and coaches are ALWAYS right and NAIL every prospect perfectly. Glad you made me realize my ignorance and thank you for showing me the light Rolling Eyes


You're dealing with extremes here.

Not every 6th rounder is going to be Tom Brady just not like every 6th Rounder is going to be Spergon Wynn. (Wynn was the QB drafted right before Tom Brady.) Quarterbacks drafted in the 6th will more likely be Wynn than Brady.

In the same way, WR's drafted in the 6th will more likely be Jaymar Johnson than Pierre Garcon. (These were two WR drafted in the 6th round in the 2008 draft.) WR in the first round are more likely going to be Andre Johnson like players than Carlos Rodgers.

Go look at the pro bowl, more skill level players are drafted in the 1st-2nd rounds than late round picks. Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Dewayne Bowe, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, A.J Green, Julio Jones, are all top WR's.

People either drafted after the 6th or undrafted that are top receivers are Wes Welker, Marques Colston, Antonio Brown, Victor Cruz and Miles Austin. My point is not that just because Jones' is a 6th rounder that he is going to flop, but he is more likely to flop than 1st and 2nd round picks.



His entire post suggested because he was a 6th rounder that he OBVIOUSLY sucked. He has been stalking me with my love for Jones.

The guy looks the part. He has the size, has the speed, has the hands, has the patience and the willingness to work hard in spite of garbage players around him. He is smart and confident and will turn out to be a GREAT pro. I really believe that. Just because he fell does not automatically mean he is destined to fail, like Jargin is implying.....

Posey is a good player, but Jones will be a stud. Thats the difference. Posey will have his role on our team and he will help us, but IMO Jones is a guy who will explode in this league. I see talent and I know it, call me dumb or don't trust my judgement, thats fine, but when he is good like the others I have pegged, we will see if Jargin comes back to own it.

AND if he busts, I will be here to take my beating with your massive internet words, jargin, well, as long as you still root for this team Question
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jargin


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7038
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
I gotta ask something about Marvin Jones.

If he is SO talented like you say AA and he is going to be such a BEAST, then why didn't he get even HALF the recognition that previous Cal receivers DeSean Jackson and Lavelle Hawkins get????????

If he is so good and he is going to be such a monster then why is it that there isn't a single person in the media or on his coaching staff or from his conference that said he will be at least as good as Jackson, Hawkins if not better?

You wanna know why there isn't a single person who said that?
Its because hes not as good as them. And he never will be.


Of course! You nailed it, just like Tom Brady was not a starter because he sucked, just like David Carr was the best thing since sliced bread and he led us to all those super bowl wins, or what about Charles Rogers, one of the most can't hit prospect, he is catching Jerry on all those records, right? Yup, Arian Foster lived up to his UDFA billing too, just a crap player with a terrible attitude. Those scouts and coaches are ALWAYS right and NAIL every prospect perfectly. Glad you made me realize my ignorance and thank you for showing me the light Rolling Eyes
Your automatic Tom Brady argument is getting old. You are literally comparing Marvin Jones to Tom Brady. Again. This is the 2nd time.

Rather than demonstrating how Marvin Jones is superior to Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss in any single way, you just run to Tom Brady every time. That is no way to defend your argument.
_________________



[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14159
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
I gotta ask something about Marvin Jones.

If he is SO talented like you say AA and he is going to be such a BEAST, then why didn't he get even HALF the recognition that previous Cal receivers DeSean Jackson and Lavelle Hawkins get????????

If he is so good and he is going to be such a monster then why is it that there isn't a single person in the media or on his coaching staff or from his conference that said he will be at least as good as Jackson, Hawkins if not better?

You wanna know why there isn't a single person who said that?
Its because hes not as good as them. And he never will be.


Of course! You nailed it, just like Tom Brady was not a starter because he sucked, just like David Carr was the best thing since sliced bread and he led us to all those super bowl wins, or what about Charles Rogers, one of the most can't hit prospect, he is catching Jerry on all those records, right? Yup, Arian Foster lived up to his UDFA billing too, just a crap player with a terrible attitude. Those scouts and coaches are ALWAYS right and NAIL every prospect perfectly. Glad you made me realize my ignorance and thank you for showing me the light Rolling Eyes
Your automatic Tom Brady argument is getting old. You are literally comparing Marvin Jones to Tom Brady. Again. This is the 2nd time.

Rather than demonstrating how Marvin Jones is superior to Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss in any single way, you just run to Tom Brady every time. That is no way to defend your argument.


When did I EVER say Jones will be better than the top wideouts in the league? I said he will be the best WIDEOUT from this draft class. Learn to read
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jargin


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7038
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Dangerous59 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Of course! You nailed it, just like Tom Brady was not a starter because he sucked, just like David Carr was the best thing since sliced bread and he led us to all those super bowl wins, or what about Charles Rogers, one of the most can't hit prospect, he is catching Jerry on all those records, right? Yup, Arian Foster lived up to his UDFA billing too, just a crap player with a terrible attitude. Those scouts and coaches are ALWAYS right and NAIL every prospect perfectly. Glad you made me realize my ignorance and thank you for showing me the light Rolling Eyes


You're dealing with extremes here.

Not every 6th rounder is going to be Tom Brady just not like every 6th Rounder is going to be Spergon Wynn. (Wynn was the QB drafted right before Tom Brady.) Quarterbacks drafted in the 6th will more likely be Wynn than Brady.

In the same way, WR's drafted in the 6th will more likely be Jaymar Johnson than Pierre Garcon. (These were two WR drafted in the 6th round in the 2008 draft.) WR in the first round are more likely going to be Andre Johnson like players than Carlos Rodgers.

Go look at the pro bowl, more skill level players are drafted in the 1st-2nd rounds than late round picks. Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Dewayne Bowe, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, A.J Green, Julio Jones, are all top WR's.

People either drafted after the 6th or undrafted that are top receivers are Wes Welker, Marques Colston, Antonio Brown, Victor Cruz and Miles Austin. My point is not that just because Jones' is a 6th rounder that he is going to flop, but he is more likely to flop than 1st and 2nd round picks.



His entire post suggested because he was a 6th rounder that he OBVIOUSLY sucked. He has been stalking me with my love for Jones.

The guy looks the part. He has the size, has the speed, has the hands, has the patience and the willingness to work hard in spite of garbage players around him. He is smart and confident and will turn out to be a GREAT pro. I really believe that. Just because he fell does not automatically mean he is destined to fail, like Jargin is implying.....

Posey is a good player, but Jones will be a stud. Thats the difference. Posey will have his role on our team and he will help us, but IMO Jones is a guy who will explode in this league. I see talent and I know it, call me dumb or don't trust my judgement, thats fine, but when he is good like the others I have pegged, we will see if Jargin comes back to own it.

AND if he busts, I will be here to take my beating with your massive internet words, jargin, well, as long as you still root for this team Question
Well let me tell you something since you "believe it". It doesn't matter what you believe or how hard you believe it. Believing is different from knowing. How do you know what type of worker he is or how smart he is or how patient he is? You just believe it? You believe it so blindly you are willing to take this argument all the way to the brink? Also how is a 6'2 199 pound receiver who runs a 4.46 a receiver who "Has the size" and "Has the speed" when he is slower and smaller than all of the top NFL receivers except Steve Smith????? And Steve Smith is certainly faster.

I mean, really. I can say that I BELIEVE in Steve Slaton because I think he will be a great player, it doesn't mean he will be. Even if I say I KNOW he will be great, I can still be wrong. And just because Marvin Jones went in the late 6th isn't the only reason why I said I don't think he will be good. Its because he is an AVERAGE receiver that you keep saying is a TOTAL MONSTER. It is just plain ridiculous at this point.
_________________



[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]


Last edited by jargin on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jargin


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7038
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
I gotta ask something about Marvin Jones.

If he is SO talented like you say AA and he is going to be such a BEAST, then why didn't he get even HALF the recognition that previous Cal receivers DeSean Jackson and Lavelle Hawkins get????????

If he is so good and he is going to be such a monster then why is it that there isn't a single person in the media or on his coaching staff or from his conference that said he will be at least as good as Jackson, Hawkins if not better?

You wanna know why there isn't a single person who said that?
Its because hes not as good as them. And he never will be.


Of course! You nailed it, just like Tom Brady was not a starter because he sucked, just like David Carr was the best thing since sliced bread and he led us to all those super bowl wins, or what about Charles Rogers, one of the most can't hit prospect, he is catching Jerry on all those records, right? Yup, Arian Foster lived up to his UDFA billing too, just a crap player with a terrible attitude. Those scouts and coaches are ALWAYS right and NAIL every prospect perfectly. Glad you made me realize my ignorance and thank you for showing me the light Rolling Eyes
Your automatic Tom Brady argument is getting old. You are literally comparing Marvin Jones to Tom Brady. Again. This is the 2nd time.

Rather than demonstrating how Marvin Jones is superior to Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss in any single way, you just run to Tom Brady every time. That is no way to defend your argument.


When did I EVER say Jones will be better than the top wideouts in the league? I said he will be the best WIDEOUT from this draft class. Learn to read
Basically every time you called him a beast, a monster, a great player, the best receiver in the draft etc. IF you really think he is better than Blackmon and Floyd then you must think he is going to be one of the top wideouts in the league because that is what is expected out of 1st round draft picks.
_________________



[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14159
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy White is 6 foot 1 and 207 pounds and the same speed, 4.46.
Greg Jennings is smaller at 5 11 and 197 with the same speed.
Hakeem Nicks is 6 2 and 212 pounds, he ran 4.51


All are top 10 some are pushing the top 5. He has the same size and speed as some of the top at their positions, so arguing with that point is ridiculous.

Expectations from first rounders is a stupid point, because as much as they hit on prospects, they fail on hitting them just as often. Marvin Jones played in a pro system at Cal and will be NFL ready. He will play in a very good passing system in Cincy and he will instantly make an impact. Watch him contend for OROY.

Based on my history of saying when I think players will excel, I think my name gets more respect with my predictions. You can say Slaton will boom, but you are known as a guy who knows nothing and runs to the Steelers when the times get tough. You can question me all you want, but at the end of the day you will be proven wrong
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jargin


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7038
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Roddy White is 6 foot 1 and 207 pounds and the same speed, 4.46.
Greg Jennings is smaller at 5 11 and 197 with the same speed.
Hakeem Nicks is 6 2 and 212 pounds, he ran 4.51


All are top 10 some are pushing the top 5. He has the same size and speed as some of the top at their positions, so arguing with that point is ridiculous.

Expectations from first rounders is a stupid point, because as much as they hit on prospects, they fail on hitting them just as often. Marvin Jones played in a pro system at Cal and will be NFL ready. He will play in a very good passing system in Cincy and he will instantly make an impact. Watch him contend for OROY.

Based on my history of saying when I think players will excel, I think my name gets more respect with my predictions. You can say Slaton will boom, but you are known as a guy who knows nothing and runs to the Steelers when the times get tough. You can question me all you want, but at the end of the day you will be proven wrong
Actually none of those receiver are top 5. The only one close to being in the top 5 is Jennings and he wasn't even the best receiver on his team last year, Jordy Nelson was.

Based on your history of saying when players will do well is worth about as much as a pack of gum man. You don't get paid for your opinion and neither do I. And instead of talking about other posters, I talk about football and football players. Thats the difference between me and you. I'll sig bet you right now for a YEAR that Marvin Jones won't be the OROY.

You wanna stand up to your words now? Or do you wanna just keep taking cheap shots?

Come on, lets see what you got.
_________________



[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marco79


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 11563
Location: Bloomington, IN
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll sig bet you right now for a YEAR that Marvin Jones won't be the OROY.

I'll let you off even easier. If he gets 1 vote you will win the sig bet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14159
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Roddy White is 6 foot 1 and 207 pounds and the same speed, 4.46.
Greg Jennings is smaller at 5 11 and 197 with the same speed.
Hakeem Nicks is 6 2 and 212 pounds, he ran 4.51


All are top 10 some are pushing the top 5. He has the same size and speed as some of the top at their positions, so arguing with that point is ridiculous.

Expectations from first rounders is a stupid point, because as much as they hit on prospects, they fail on hitting them just as often. Marvin Jones played in a pro system at Cal and will be NFL ready. He will play in a very good passing system in Cincy and he will instantly make an impact. Watch him contend for OROY.

Based on my history of saying when I think players will excel, I think my name gets more respect with my predictions. You can say Slaton will boom, but you are known as a guy who knows nothing and runs to the Steelers when the times get tough. You can question me all you want, but at the end of the day you will be proven wrong
Actually none of those receiver are top 5. The only one close to being in the top 5 is Jennings and he wasn't even the best receiver on his team last year, Jordy Nelson was.

Based on your history of saying when players will do well is worth about as much as a pack of gum man. You don't get paid for your opinion and neither do I. And instead of talking about other posters, I talk about football and football players. Thats the difference between me and you. I'll sig bet you right now for a YEAR that Marvin Jones won't be the OROY.

You wanna stand up to your words now? Or do you wanna just keep taking cheap shots?

Come on, lets see what you got.


I said all were top 10, some were almost top 5, seriously can you not read?




Sig bet accepted
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jargin


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 7038
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Roddy White is 6 foot 1 and 207 pounds and the same speed, 4.46.
Greg Jennings is smaller at 5 11 and 197 with the same speed.
Hakeem Nicks is 6 2 and 212 pounds, he ran 4.51


All are top 10 some are pushing the top 5. He has the same size and speed as some of the top at their positions, so arguing with that point is ridiculous.

Expectations from first rounders is a stupid point, because as much as they hit on prospects, they fail on hitting them just as often. Marvin Jones played in a pro system at Cal and will be NFL ready. He will play in a very good passing system in Cincy and he will instantly make an impact. Watch him contend for OROY.

Based on my history of saying when I think players will excel, I think my name gets more respect with my predictions. You can say Slaton will boom, but you are known as a guy who knows nothing and runs to the Steelers when the times get tough. You can question me all you want, but at the end of the day you will be proven wrong
Actually none of those receiver are top 5. The only one close to being in the top 5 is Jennings and he wasn't even the best receiver on his team last year, Jordy Nelson was.

Based on your history of saying when players will do well is worth about as much as a pack of gum man. You don't get paid for your opinion and neither do I. And instead of talking about other posters, I talk about football and football players. Thats the difference between me and you. I'll sig bet you right now for a YEAR that Marvin Jones won't be the OROY.

You wanna stand up to your words now? Or do you wanna just keep taking cheap shots?

Come on, lets see what you got.


I said all were top 10, some were almost top 5, seriously can you not read?




Sig bet accepted
Pushing top 5 means that they are top 5 in some people's minds. Pushing top 5 means they have the ability to become top 5 in the future. Pushing top 5 means they are considered top 5 in some situations. Unless you are talking to a serious homer, they just aren't. By pushing top 5 if you mean that they are the 6th and 7th best WR's in the league then people would still disagree with you as Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant and Julio Jones are ahead of them in some people's minds.

This is going to be the easiest bet I've ever won. I'm glad you accepted.
_________________



[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14159
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Roddy White is 6 foot 1 and 207 pounds and the same speed, 4.46.
Greg Jennings is smaller at 5 11 and 197 with the same speed.
Hakeem Nicks is 6 2 and 212 pounds, he ran 4.51


All are top 10 some are pushing the top 5. He has the same size and speed as some of the top at their positions, so arguing with that point is ridiculous.

Expectations from first rounders is a stupid point, because as much as they hit on prospects, they fail on hitting them just as often. Marvin Jones played in a pro system at Cal and will be NFL ready. He will play in a very good passing system in Cincy and he will instantly make an impact. Watch him contend for OROY.

Based on my history of saying when I think players will excel, I think my name gets more respect with my predictions. You can say Slaton will boom, but you are known as a guy who knows nothing and runs to the Steelers when the times get tough. You can question me all you want, but at the end of the day you will be proven wrong
Actually none of those receiver are top 5. The only one close to being in the top 5 is Jennings and he wasn't even the best receiver on his team last year, Jordy Nelson was.

Based on your history of saying when players will do well is worth about as much as a pack of gum man. You don't get paid for your opinion and neither do I. And instead of talking about other posters, I talk about football and football players. Thats the difference between me and you. I'll sig bet you right now for a YEAR that Marvin Jones won't be the OROY.

You wanna stand up to your words now? Or do you wanna just keep taking cheap shots?

Come on, lets see what you got.


I said all were top 10, some were almost top 5, seriously can you not read?




Sig bet accepted
Pushing top 5 means that they are top 5 in some people's minds. Pushing top 5 means they have the ability to become top 5 in the future. Pushing top 5 means they are considered top 5 in some situations. Unless you are talking to a serious homer, they just aren't. By pushing top 5 if you mean that they are the 6th and 7th best WR's in the league then people would still disagree with you as Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Dez Bryant and Julio Jones are ahead of them in some people's minds.

This is going to be the easiest bet I've ever won. I'm glad you accepted.



Roddy White was in top 5 arguments before last season and he is still a top 8 wide out. Greg Jennings is top 10 and Nicks is right on the border. Argue whatever you want, but its pointless. I take your opinion about as serious as I take the Dolphins on Sunday.

And to clarify, you have never won anything in your life. You know being wrong is not considered winning correct?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group