Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd round pick (68th overall) WR DeVier Posey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jacobys Homey


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 8898
Location: BU
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Why Marvin Jones? They are the same speed. Posey has a bigger frame. Posey is more athletic. Posey is by far the better route runner. Posey had much, much better production in college.


Last season:

Marvin Jones, 62 receptions for 846 yds.

Devier Posey, 12 receptions for 162 yds.

I know Posey didn't play most of the season because of suspension but doing stupid stuff to get yourself suspended should count against you as well. You can't be productive if your not on the field.


Lol. Cute.

Freshman-Junior years.

Posey: 124 catches, 1793 yards, 16 TD.

Jones: 94 catches, 1424 yards, 10 TD.

I can't believe you seriously tried to use that as your argument.
_________________
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 2805
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
For those of y'all that don't like the Posey pick: who would y'all rather the Texans taken?


Marvin Jones, Rueben Randle, Greg Childs, Juron Criner, Mohamed Sanu, Mavin McNutt, Nick Toon. Just because one dumb GM takes a player to high and another falls for unknown reasons doesn't mean the player taken earlier was the better pick. Ask the people of Jacksonville if a Punter was BPA in the 3rd round for a team that needs lots of help. Players are ranked by sites for a reason, occasionally they'll get someone wrong ie: Tom Brady, but for the most part they rank the players pretty well. Walterfootball had Posey ranked as a 5th - 7th round pick, CBSsports had him ranked as a 5th - 6th round pick. Even FF didn't have Posey ranked in the top 11 WR's. Posey was a massive Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach. I just wonder if it will take the Texans, and Kubiaks ego, 4 yrs. again to finally admit it, like Jacoby.

I really hope Posey can prove me wrong. If so I'll freely admit it and eat that crow, but for now the Posey pick gets a grade of "F" from me when considering who else was available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 13996
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Why Marvin Jones? They are the same speed. Posey has a bigger frame. Posey is more athletic. Posey is by far the better route runner. Posey had much, much better production in college.


Last season:

Marvin Jones, 62 receptions for 846 yds.

Devier Posey, 12 receptions for 162 yds.

I know Posey didn't play most of the season because of suspension but doing stupid stuff to get yourself suspended should count against you as well. You can't be productive if your not on the field.


Lol. Cute.

Freshman-Junior years.

Posey: 124 catches, 1793 yards, 16 TD.

Jones: 94 catches, 1424 yards, 10 TD.

I can't believe you seriously tried to use that as your argument.


And you're gonna ignore the fact that Cals qb situation was garbage? Jones will be a BEAST in the NFL
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 2805
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Why Marvin Jones? They are the same speed. Posey has a bigger frame. Posey is more athletic. Posey is by far the better route runner. Posey had much, much better production in college.


Last season:

Marvin Jones, 62 receptions for 846 yds.

Devier Posey, 12 receptions for 162 yds.

I know Posey didn't play most of the season because of suspension but doing stupid stuff to get yourself suspended should count against you as well. You can't be productive if your not on the field.


Lol. Cute.

Freshman-Junior years.

Posey: 124 catches, 1793 yards, 16 TD.

Jones: 94 catches, 1424 yards, 10 TD.

I can't believe you seriously tried to use that as your argument.


I said his production was down due to suspension but a player has to be smart enough to be on the field to be productive, thus the reason the Texans usually lean toward players with high character.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jacobys Homey


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 8898
Location: BU
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Why Marvin Jones? They are the same speed. Posey has a bigger frame. Posey is more athletic. Posey is by far the better route runner. Posey had much, much better production in college.


Last season:

Marvin Jones, 62 receptions for 846 yds.

Devier Posey, 12 receptions for 162 yds.

I know Posey didn't play most of the season because of suspension but doing stupid stuff to get yourself suspended should count against you as well. You can't be productive if your not on the field.


Lol. Cute.

Freshman-Junior years.

Posey: 124 catches, 1793 yards, 16 TD.

Jones: 94 catches, 1424 yards, 10 TD.

I can't believe you seriously tried to use that as your argument.


And you're gonna ignore the fact that Cals qb situation was garbage? Jones will be a BEAST in the NFL


No, but it's not like Terrell Pryor was noted for being a great passer.
_________________
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marco79


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 11560
Location: Bloomington, IN
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posey was a massive Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach. I just wonder if it will take the Texans, and Kubiaks ego, 4 yrs. again to finally admit it, like Jacoby.

But if we drafted Jones in the 3rd he wouldn't have been a reach? He went 3 rounds later...

All you guys are saying is that Posey was a bad pick, you ahve yet to actually say why any other WR would have been better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 13996
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Why Marvin Jones? They are the same speed. Posey has a bigger frame. Posey is more athletic. Posey is by far the better route runner. Posey had much, much better production in college.


Last season:

Marvin Jones, 62 receptions for 846 yds.

Devier Posey, 12 receptions for 162 yds.

I know Posey didn't play most of the season because of suspension but doing stupid stuff to get yourself suspended should count against you as well. You can't be productive if your not on the field.


Lol. Cute.

Freshman-Junior years.

Posey: 124 catches, 1793 yards, 16 TD.

Jones: 94 catches, 1424 yards, 10 TD.

I can't believe you seriously tried to use that as your argument.


And you're gonna ignore the fact that Cals qb situation was garbage? Jones will be a BEAST in the NFL


No, but it's not like Terrell Pryor was noted for being a great passer.



Pryor threw for over 6000 yards and 57 TDs in 3 seasons at Ohio....thats MUCH better than anything Cal had
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jacobys Homey


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 8898
Location: BU
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Why Marvin Jones? They are the same speed. Posey has a bigger frame. Posey is more athletic. Posey is by far the better route runner. Posey had much, much better production in college.


Last season:

Marvin Jones, 62 receptions for 846 yds.

Devier Posey, 12 receptions for 162 yds.

I know Posey didn't play most of the season because of suspension but doing stupid stuff to get yourself suspended should count against you as well. You can't be productive if your not on the field.


Lol. Cute.

Freshman-Junior years.

Posey: 124 catches, 1793 yards, 16 TD.

Jones: 94 catches, 1424 yards, 10 TD.

I can't believe you seriously tried to use that as your argument.


And you're gonna ignore the fact that Cals qb situation was garbage? Jones will be a BEAST in the NFL


No, but it's not like Terrell Pryor was noted for being a great passer.



Pryor threw for over 6000 yards and 57 TDs in 3 seasons at Ohio....thats MUCH better than anything Cal had


That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that they have the same speed, Posey is more athletic, Posey runs much better routes, and has better body control.
_________________
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 13996
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Why Marvin Jones? They are the same speed. Posey has a bigger frame. Posey is more athletic. Posey is by far the better route runner. Posey had much, much better production in college.


Last season:

Marvin Jones, 62 receptions for 846 yds.

Devier Posey, 12 receptions for 162 yds.

I know Posey didn't play most of the season because of suspension but doing stupid stuff to get yourself suspended should count against you as well. You can't be productive if your not on the field.


Lol. Cute.

Freshman-Junior years.

Posey: 124 catches, 1793 yards, 16 TD.

Jones: 94 catches, 1424 yards, 10 TD.

I can't believe you seriously tried to use that as your argument.


And you're gonna ignore the fact that Cals qb situation was garbage? Jones will be a BEAST in the NFL


No, but it's not like Terrell Pryor was noted for being a great passer.



Pryor threw for over 6000 yards and 57 TDs in 3 seasons at Ohio....thats MUCH better than anything Cal had


That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that they have the same speed, Posey is more athletic, Posey runs much better routes, and has better body control.


and IMO Posey does not run better routes, does not have better hands, and does not have better body control. Posey seems to be a better deep threat, but Jones is a guy who does it all extremely well. He will be a great receiver as long as ol red can continue to get better in Cincy
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texanteddyp


Joined: 03 Jun 2008
Posts: 259
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous59 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
Hey AmazingAndre, hows that Marvin Jones in the 2nd round working out for ya?

About to hit the 6th round and your super-man love is still on the board.


and.....that means he will automatically bust?



2 words. Tom Brady
Speak of the devil. Marvin is headed to Cincy along with Sanu, 166th overall. Haha. I love how I bring it up then he gets picked.


Yup and when he haunts us in the playoffs and destroys Jackson don't go running back to Pittsburgh you quitter


Seriously?


hahahaaa!!! Thats what I said......no one Marvin Jones will haunt us. Especially with an improved pass rush to haunt Dalton again.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texanteddyp


Joined: 03 Jun 2008
Posts: 259
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Why Marvin Jones? They are the same speed. Posey has a bigger frame. Posey is more athletic. Posey is by far the better route runner. Posey had much, much better production in college.


Last season:

Marvin Jones, 62 receptions for 846 yds.

Devier Posey, 12 receptions for 162 yds.

I know Posey didn't play most of the season because of suspension but doing stupid stuff to get yourself suspended should count against you as well. You can't be productive if your not on the field.


Lol. Cute.

Freshman-Junior years.

Posey: 124 catches, 1793 yards, 16 TD.

Jones: 94 catches, 1424 yards, 10 TD.

I can't believe you seriously tried to use that as your argument.


And you're gonna ignore the fact that Cals qb situation was garbage? Jones will be a BEAST in the NFL


No, but it's not like Terrell Pryor was noted for being a great passer.



Pryor threw for over 6000 yards and 57 TDs in 3 seasons at Ohio....thats MUCH better than anything Cal had


That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that they have the same speed, Posey is more athletic, Posey runs much better routes, and has better body control.



Actually, Pryor was nowhere near garbage at qb and was pretty nice at OSU. But I feel Posey is a good pick up. I like him. If not Posey, I would take Marvin McNutt or Chris Givens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgtx


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 1871
Location: Clear Lake/Houston
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posey is not who I would have drafted. But, by looking at numbers alone, he is obviously a talented receiver! As talented, or less talented, who can say? But evidently Kubiak, or Smith, or someone saw something in him that warranted us taking him. And there is not a single one of us that can say otherwise.

And the crap about the "draft experts" saying we could have had him 3 rounds later....they do not not know that....we don't know that! It's obvious that his production was good. Had he played his senior year, he may have been looking at 65-70 catches 900-1000+ yds. He's 6'-2", 210 lbs. Other than saying we could have had someone different, someone who was .2 faster, or jumped 1" higher, or arms were 1" longer.........I can't see a reason to knock him.

But as of right now, I'm assuming he's ahead of Jacoby, thus he's an improvement!
_________________
Texans Nation-The Revolutionis "SMOKkkinn"!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4609
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Why Marvin Jones? They are the same speed. Posey has a bigger frame. Posey is more athletic. Posey is by far the better route runner. Posey had much, much better production in college.


Last season:

Marvin Jones, 62 receptions for 846 yds.

Devier Posey, 12 receptions for 162 yds.

I know Posey didn't play most of the season because of suspension but doing stupid stuff to get yourself suspended should count against you as well. You can't be productive if your not on the field.


Lol. Cute.

Freshman-Junior years.

Posey: 124 catches, 1793 yards, 16 TD.

Jones: 94 catches, 1424 yards, 10 TD.

I can't believe you seriously tried to use that as your argument.


And you're gonna ignore the fact that Cals qb situation was garbage? Jones will be a BEAST in the NFL


I think im with Ax2, Jones was behind this beast who will be a 1st round pick next year and still had solid numbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIwg9N-RPIU&feature=related
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
Hey AmazingAndre, hows that Marvin Jones in the 2nd round working out for ya?

About to hit the 6th round and your super-man love is still on the board.


and.....that means he will automatically bust?



2 words. Tom Brady
Speak of the devil. Marvin is headed to Cincy along with Sanu, 166th overall. Haha. I love how I bring it up then he gets picked.


Yup and when he haunts us in the playoffs and destroys Jackson don't go running back to Pittsburgh you quitter


Um...ok. Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetie. Very Happy

I'm not a big DeVier Posey fan, but I can tell you with 100% confidence that Marvin Jones won't amount to much in the NFL. The league is littered with guys like Jones...and most of them don't do much, if anything.

All in all, we got the best WR named Jones, and his name is Dwight.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DaleGribble


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 58
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
jargin wrote:
Hey AmazingAndre, hows that Marvin Jones in the 2nd round working out for ya?

About to hit the 6th round and your super-man love is still on the board.


and.....that means he will automatically bust?



2 words. Tom Brady
Speak of the devil. Marvin is headed to Cincy along with Sanu, 166th overall. Haha. I love how I bring it up then he gets picked.


Yup and when he haunts us in the playoffs and destroys Jackson don't go running back to Pittsburgh you quitter


Um...ok. Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetie. Very Happy

I'm not a big DeVier Posey fan, but I can tell you with 100% confidence that Marvin Jones won't amount to much in the NFL. The league is littered with guys like Jones...and most of them don't do much, if anything.

All in all, we got the best WR named Jones, and his name is Dwight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group