Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd round pick (68th overall) WR DeVier Posey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMoKu6hymWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV7WyKUa2tc

This dude is way better than Sanu. A few draft pundits fell in love with him because he has a great body and looks good in pads and was productive. But he didn't have any catches over 20 yards... all year. He's slow, stiff and isn't a natural receiver. He's gonna flame out in a few years.

He had lots of catches, but it was difficult to really make anything out of that video. Almost every one of his catches involved either broken coverage or Posey making a sideline catch and ducking out of bounds.

Well I've seen every game of his career, so I can give you guys a good analysis. I really like him as an NFL receiver, which is why I'm going out of my way and posting here. But all Texans' fans seem to be interested in is saying "omgz hes teh sux i want sanu!!".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV7WyKUa2tc

*Edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gonGxBa4E_4

There's a play showing off some of his YAC ability.

Beast

Last edited by c0insnap on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Marco79

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching those videos I am really starting to like the pick. nfldraftscout said it best, he is combination of both Jacoby and Walter. He is the same size as jacoby and has his speed, but he also has the physicality of Walter, something Jones desperately misses.
Underwood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
But he didn't have any catches over 20 yards... all year.

Where is this coming from? Its the second time ove seen someone throw this statistic out there, yet espn shows that he had at least one 20+ yard catch in several games this season.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Underwood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:

But all Texans' fans seem to be interested in is saying "omgz hes teh sux i want sanu!!".

I don't recall anyone saying that. Several people said he was a reach and he was. Doesn't mean he's a bad player. If you're going to be insulting then keep your "analysis" and hit the road. No one wants to hear it.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

Where is this coming from? Its the second time ove seen someone throw this statistic out there, yet espn shows that he had at least one 20+ yard catch in several games this season.

It could have been 25. I just know it was ridiculous for someone with 100 catches on the year.

Beast
jargin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorta like the pick. I mean, it was confusing. Lots of Texans picks confuse me, and moving down when Randle slipped to 58 was a confusing moment. I can say that Ohio State has produced some good WR's- Chris Carter, Santonio Holmes, David Boston and Joey Galloway to name a few. I remember Posey when the Buckeyes had Pryor. He seemed like a pretty good athlete. He wasn't that big when he first got to Ohio State I think he grew a little bit of height while he was there. This guy is clearly going to compete for the #2 job. No guarantees.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Underwood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:

It could have been 25. I just know it was ridiculous for someone with 100 catches on the year.

Looks like he had at least 2 catches of 30+ yards. I found the other one that I was thinking of, but it wasn't the same stat. It came up in our FFMD2 a couple weeks ago:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/teams-may-go-for-depth-at-receiver-7h4tqao-147071035.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It came from some Joe Blow writing for the Milwaukee rag and he basically said that per ProFootballWeekly, Sanu only had 4 catches of 20+ yards for his career. Obviously this is ridiculous since he had at least 6 of that yardage this past season alone. Apparently there's a bit of misinformation floating around about the guy.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is anyone else worried about the pedigree of Ohio State wide receivers in the NFL.

Only 11 have caught over 100 passes and only 3 have ever been to a Pro Bowl.

Hopefully this guy can be more Brian Hartline and less Ted Ginn, Brian Robiskie, Anthony Gonzalez etc.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at the ER yesterday (mother in law got sick) but got the 610 flash text. My goodness, I was LIVID when I heard it, but then I heard guys like Sanu, Massie, Ta'amu were still there...and I got even more livid. WHAT THE HELL ARE WE THINKING!?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Underwood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Was at the ER yesterday (mother in law got sick) but got the 610 flash text. My goodness, I was LIVID when I heard it, but then I heard guys like Sanu, Massie, Ta'amu were still there...and I got even more livid. WHAT THE HELL ARE WE THINKING!?

I'M WITH YOU! iT'S TIME TO FREAK THE HELL OUT!!!

Honestly, I love the Brooks pick, and even though Posey was a big fat Kubiak-induced reach, I'm willing to give him a shot. A lot of people that know more than I like the guy, and a lot of the guys around here are saying he's been really impressive in interviews.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Underwood wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

Dude, youre not a fan of this team so don't tell us who we can and cannot like when we draft them....we don't like the pick and you trolling and pissing us off won't help ANYTHING, move along or stop pimping this guy like your his girl.....

The guy was a reach SIMPLE as that. He could be a good player, but I would have preferred Toon or Sanu at that point, he will always be compared to Sanu and if he is not as good we will regret this pick (our fo will anyway)......

as far as his past, im ok with that, he seems like a good person who made a bad choice, but it wasnt THAT big of a deal, to me anyhow
mse326

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

Let's calm down. Anyone, whether a fan of the Texans or not is allowed to post here.

He's giving his opinion and isn't breaking any rules.

Don't tell people they can't post here.

mse

#JDI
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if he is good enough to return kicks and punts too?
Marco79

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dennison pointed out Posey practiced every day even though he couldn’t play in games and made it point to work with the Buckeyes’ younger receivers. In short, he didn’t mope.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/04/texans-convinced-poseys-character-not-an-issue/

Im liking this pick more and more.
jargin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey AmazingAndre, hows that Marvin Jones in the 2nd round working out for ya?

About to hit the 6th round and your super-man love is still on the board.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: