Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3rd round pick (68th overall) WR DeVier Posey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco79

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character issues for me is getting arrested for doing something stupid (assault, stealing, etc.), but not abiding by the ridiculous NCAA rules doesn't make me question his character at all. He took $700 !!!!! 700 measly dollars. OSU made a lot with Posey and the NCAA made a alot of money from OSU, 700 dollars in the grand scheme of things is nothing and he earned that money, maybe not doing that job, but by playing football at OSU. Him taking money would be a concern to me if he took 70,000, but he took 700. That is nothing. And him selling rings, who cares? It is his stuff he can do what he wants with it. NFL players sell their superbowl rings, does the NFL tell them they can't do that? Once their receive, it is their own personal belonging and they can do whatever they want with it.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Character issues for me is getting arrested for doing something stupid (assault, stealing, etc.), but not abiding by the ridiculous NCAA rules doesn't make me question his character at all. He took $700 !!!!! 700 measly dollars. OSU made a lot with Posey and the NCAA made a alot of money from OSU, 700 dollars in the grand scheme of things is nothing and he earned that money, maybe not doing that job, but by playing football at OSU. Him taking money would be a concern to me if he took 70,000, but he took 700. That is nothing. And him selling rings, who cares? It is his stuff he can do what he wants with it. NFL players sell their superbowl rings, does the NFL tell them they can't do that? Once their receive, it is their own personal belonging and they can do whatever they want with it.

He did that while he was already suspended for another NCAA violation, though.

Look, fellas, it's not a character issue to take $700. It's a character issue to sign a contract and then violate that contract. It's a character issue to violate the contract again while already suspended for a violation of contract. It's a character issue to be dumb enough to get caught violating that contract. It's a character issue to be associated with a federal investigation into a drug ring (including meth and cocaine, not just marijuana). It's a character issue to be willing to give up your chance at a career potentially worth millions of dollars. Apollo might be complicating things somewhat in order to get his point across, but everyone else is simplifying it far too much.

Sig by matthouston91
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfl.si.com/2012/05/04/boom-or-bust-should-the-texans-count-on-devier-posey/

Pretty good article about Posey.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:

Did you even read my post? He did far more than take $700 despite how hard you keep trying to make that the headline (that was only 1 of 3 offenses). You remind me of the people who talk about the woman who got $600,000 because McDonalds spilled coffee on her in the drive through without taking the time to understand the actual case. (79 year old woman with 3rd degree burns internally and externally throughout her pelvic area and thighs, 2 weeks in hospital, 2 years of treatment, died before ever getting a dollar, McDonalds being fully aware of the danger (over 700 scalding cases), yet keeping coffee 40 degrees too hot to save money by serve old coffee). People blindly accepting the "women gets millions for spilling hot coffee" version has led to dangerous tort reform where in Texas a women can't even sue Halliburton when she was drugged and gang raped by a group of male employees she had previously reported for harassment (mandatory binding arbitration despite Halliburton getting to hire the arbitrator).

The Texans and Kubiak have basically taken their high moral ground and tossed it out the window by drafting a kid 2-3 rounds early who chose do sell merchandise to a drug dealer for cash and other "trade items" that seem pretty clear (Rife had $50k in merch when caught, $14k of which was tied to Posey which suggest he got a bit more than tattoos but smoked that evidence with Mike Adams). He showed zero repentance by continuing to associate with people already identified with criminal behavior including being caught with the extra $700 in car washing money, AND the appearances and golf games with the guy who got Pryor kicked out of school for paying him $40k for merch and appearances. All of this for a guy who showed some skills, but nothing drastically more than Jeff Fuller showed his Junior year except he didn't get himself suspended his Senior year (apparently still showing up to practice makes Posey some sort of saint).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you guys feel about the Posey pick? I thought there were better WRs available. Dont get me wrong, I'm not trolling. Lovet he Mercilus pick, the Brooks pick, plus Crick and Jones. I'm just not a fan of Posey

Obviously, Jacksonville has their own WTF pick(s) though

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
How do you guys feel about the Posey pick? I thought there were better WRs available. Dont get me wrong, I'm not trolling. Lovet he Mercilus pick, the Brooks pick, plus Crick and Jones. I'm just not a fan of Posey

Obviously, Jacksonville has their own WTF pick(s) though

There is about 7 pages worth of material you can read about how we feel about the pick
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Texans rookie in our new uniform.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=y2cmd.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
First Texans rookie in our new uniform.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=y2cmd.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Man I hate the collars on our new unis. Sad
jargin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Did you even read my post? He did far more than take $700 despite how hard you keep trying to make that the headline (that was only 1 of 3 offenses). You remind me of the people who talk about the woman who got $600,000 because McDonalds spilled coffee on her in the drive through without taking the time to understand the actual case. (79 year old woman with 3rd degree burns internally and externally throughout her pelvic area and thighs, 2 weeks in hospital, 2 years of treatment, died before ever getting a dollar, McDonalds being fully aware of the danger (over 700 scalding cases), yet keeping coffee 40 degrees too hot to save money by serve old coffee). People blindly accepting the "women gets millions for spilling hot coffee" version has led to dangerous tort reform where in Texas a women can't even sue Halliburton when she was drugged and gang raped by a group of male employees she had previously reported for harassment (mandatory binding arbitration despite Halliburton getting to hire the arbitrator).

The Texans and Kubiak have basically taken their high moral ground and tossed it out the window by drafting a kid 2-3 rounds early who chose do sell merchandise to a drug dealer for cash and other "trade items" that seem pretty clear (Rife had $50k in merch when caught, $14k of which was tied to Posey which suggest he got a bit more than tattoos but smoked that evidence with Mike Adams). He showed zero repentance by continuing to associate with people already identified with criminal behavior including being caught with the extra $700 in car washing money, AND the appearances and golf games with the guy who got Pryor kicked out of school for paying him $40k for merch and appearances. All of this for a guy who showed some skills, but nothing drastically more than Jeff Fuller showed his Junior year except he didn't get himself suspended his Senior year (apparently still showing up to practice makes Posey some sort of saint).
You are overreacting to say they completley threw their standards out the window when 1 of their 8 picks has character questions. Jared Crick is the perfect example of how they havent abandoned the hard working blue collar types. I think you just get excited anytime you get a chance to reference Haliburton or some incident none of us had any idea ever occurred.

I mean, scandal aside, do you really think Posey is going to be at the strip club every night or shooting people, dealing drugs and running with gangbangers? Cause he doesnt strike me as that type of guy. Have you ever heard him speak?

Its not like we drafted Janoris Jenkins, Alfonso Dennard and a bunch of other criminals. As far as im concerned, Posey is a good person until he proves to us that within our organization he cannot operate as a good citizen.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: