Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TRADE UP 2nd Round (51): Jerel Worthy, DE, Michigan State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
B_wolf84 wrote:
Do you guys see him playing on right or left side of the freezer? I think he will end up taking Pickett job in a year or 2 adding some muscle and weight getting to around the 320 range.

Right side. I don't like him enough as a run stuffer, and I like how disruptive he is as a penetrator. I like him more as a RDE and think he can play at his current weight.

So does the left side have to be a run-stuffer? And RDE as he would be over the LT? That stuff always confused me, I think it was playing to much Madden. Laughing I mean we would mix up stuff with 2-4 front, etc. I mean where is Mike Daniels supposed to play then?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LDE in a 3 man front is most likely going to be on the strong side since TEs are much more likely to lineup on that side. That is why Pickett really only plays on the left in a 3 man front when at DE. Dom has also talked about having Matthews on that side since it fully utilizes his overall ability as a LB.

It isn't a huge issue, but it matters enough that you tend to put penetrators like Worthy on the side that is most likely going to be the weak side (RDE). Still, he's big enough and athletic enough to play either side, but he'll start out at RDE.

In a base, Daniels is almost certainly going to be an RDE. In the 2-4-5 nickel, we mix it up a bit as to where the DTs line up.
Packers1921

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worthy signed a 4 year deal tonight. I am excited to see the duo of Raji and Worthy wreck havoc on the field!
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was very impressed with how well spoken he was in his interview today. Nice stark difference between him and say Finley and our Jolly old friend. Got high hopes for him because I thought he was the pick with the most upside ouside of Quick in the late first, and they got him in the second! Smile
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Was very impressed with how well spoken he was in his interview today. Nice stark difference between him and say Finley and our Jolly old friend. Got high hopes for him because I thought he was the pick with the most upside ouside of Quick in the late first, and they got him in the second! Smile

Everything from him thus far has been extremely positive and team-oriented. It's great knowing that he is genuinely excited to be a part of this TEAM, and not as excited about being just an individual player.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

Everything from him thus far has been extremely positive and team-oriented. It's great knowing that he is genuinely excited to be a part of this TEAM, and not as excited about being just an individual player.

On top of all that, I remember watching NFL Network and they were talking about one of the sit downs they had with him. Someone asked him why he was always the last person getting set at his position, and he said that it's because he was making sure all the younger guys were lined up properly.

Everything I keep hearing from this guy makes me like him more and more.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
B_wolf84 wrote:
Do you guys see him playing on right or left side of the freezer? I think he will end up taking Pickett job in a year or 2 adding some muscle and weight getting to around the 320 range.

Right side. I don't like him enough as a run stuffer, and I like how disruptive he is as a penetrator. I like him more as a RDE and think he can play at his current weight.

So does the left side have to be a run-stuffer? And RDE as he would be over the LT? That stuff always confused me, I think it was playing to much Madden. Laughing I mean we would mix up stuff with 2-4 front, etc. I mean where is Mike Daniels supposed to play then?

Left side doesn't have to be the run stuffer. But it just so happens that the stereotypical RT is the beefier one. I wouldn't mind seeing Worthy at RE. I think he'd be a good body in front of Clay on the ROLB side. Would really make Perry work for it though since all the protection would be shifted left.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
KYPack

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
B_wolf84 wrote:

Left side doesn't have to be the run stuffer. But it just so happens that the stereotypical RT is the beefier one. I wouldn't mind seeing Worthy at RE. I think he'd be a good body in front of Clay on the ROLB side. Would really make Perry work for it though since all the protection would be shifted left.

Left side IS the run stuffer DE. With the run diminishing in importance, teams tend to be right handed and your LDE has to be stout against the run. In a 30 front, all 3 Dlineman are like tackles and have to eat up the Olineman. The LDE takes on the RT's who usually are the run blocking OT.

The LDE must be stout against the run, both power gap and stretch blocking.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KYPack wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
B_wolf84 wrote:

Left side IS the run stuffer DE. With the run diminishing in importance, teams tend to be right handed and your LDE has to be stout against the run. In a 30 front, all 3 Dlineman are like tackles and have to eat up the Olineman. The LDE takes on the RT's who usually are the run blocking OT.

It's not as essential in the Capers/LeBeau 3-4 as it is in the Fairbanks-Bullough 3-4. Capers scheme isn't a pure 2 gap 3-4 the way the other one is. Not to say your DL can be outright BAD run defenders or at 2 gap control, but only your NT really needs to be able to consistently eat 2 gaps.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blankman0021

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
KYPack wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
B_wolf84 wrote:

It's not as essential in the Capers/LeBeau 3-4 as it is in the Fairbanks-Bullough 3-4. Capers scheme isn't a pure 2 gap 3-4 the way the other one is. Not to say your DL can be outright BAD run defenders or at 2 gap control, but only your NT really needs to be able to consistently eat 2 gaps.

That's what I was trying to say. Capers is really running a demon of his own it seems, and I would not be surprised to see a power end on both sides with rush LBs, or even eventually 2 DE's who can get after the QB. I would really like to see an athletic front. If we only could have nabbed Watt...I had a man crush on him as a prospect a year ago. Would have been a perfect compliment to Worthy.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good is Jerel's twitter pic??

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is funny!

In truth though, he is saying it's all about PAD LEVEL Jerel......... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
In truth though, he is saying it's all about PAD LEVEL Jerel......... :lol:

We'll get that fixed.
JustisM

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a fan of lineman wearing visors. Actually I'm a fan of everyone wearing visors. Everyone should wear visors.
Packers1921

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
How good is Jerel's twitter pic??

^^beast^^ Love this draft pick; love his cheesehead photo that he posted earlier.

I want to get his jersey. He's WORTHY of one, so happy he is a Packer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: