Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vontaze Burfict?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Vontaze Burfict? Reply with quote

Anybody opposed to the idea of taking Burfict? I have always liked him since I first heard about him. I think he could be a good player for us. He has first round talent he just needs to get his head on straight. And I personally like a LB that has some screws loose. I think we should take him in round 3. Cant be any worse than what we got right now at LB and worst comes to worst we lost a 3rd round pick on him.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABSOLUTELY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE, DO I WANT HIM TO BE A BUCCANEER. NONE WHATSOEVER.
KGBauer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please. Greg Schiano is all about building Buccaneer men. Vontaze Burfict is not even close to the kind of person they look for in their players. Character is a huge deal to our GM and Coach and I would be quite surprised to even see him on their board.
5nick5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting my haircut today and I was reading ESPN magazine while waiting, and there was an article on Burfict. It was really interesting and I feel like he is misunderstood. I don't want him in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th. But if he's there in the 6th or 7th, I'd take him. But I don't think Dom wants to take the risk.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Shocked I don't even want him to buy a ticket, come to RJS and sit there watching us play. You'll probably be able to find him out on the streetcorner hanging out with his chump friends and toking up.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELL TO THE NO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you missed the whole off-season?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
HELL TO THE NO

So... that's a maybe?
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
ABSOLUTELY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE, DO I WANT HIM TO BE A BUCCANEER. NONE WHATSOEVER.

this right here
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
I was getting my haircut today and I was reading ESPN magazine while waiting, and there was an article on Burfict. It was really interesting and I feel like he is misunderstood. I don't want him in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th. But if he's there in the 6th or 7th, I'd take him. But I don't think Dom wants to take the risk.

Misunderstood? The day after that article came out and it was posted on ESPN's web-site, the NFL announced he failed a drug test at the combine.

He's a moron and probably isn't even on our board. Heck, he wasn't even invited for workouts by ALL 32 teams. That says something.
sandman2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's there in round 7th then its honestly worth a look. I understand the guy is a head case but at the same time- some 7th rounders don't even make the practice squad. At least with this kid we KNOW there is the type of talent inside him that made him a preseason top 10 pick....

I'd bring him in- let schiano see what we're dealing with and then make the call to cut him or not.

Let's not do what the rest of the nfl did with blount because it's clear he belongs in the nfl after not getting drafted at all.
5nick5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Misunderstood? The day after that article came out and it was posted on ESPN's web-site, the NFL announced he failed a drug test at the combine.

He's a moron and probably isn't even on our board. Heck, he wasn't even invited for workouts by ALL 32 teams. That says something.

Well that wasn't too smart by him. But about his violent style play, the article explained a lot. I think if he could get his head straight, he really could contribute, but I understand completely why most aren't going to want to go with him even as an UDFA.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
bucsfan4lyf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandman2300 wrote:
If he's there in round 7th then its honestly worth a look. I understand the guy is a head case but at the same time- some 7th rounders don't even make the practice squad. At least with this kid we KNOW there is the type of talent inside him that made him a preseason top 10 pick....

I'd bring him in- let schiano see what we're dealing with and then make the call to cut him or not.

Let's not do what the rest of the nfl did with blount because it's clear he belongs in the nfl after not getting drafted at all.

I bet alot of teams are upset on not drafting Blount, and I think the same will be with Vontaze. He's had off the field issues but it's because he has a temper, THAT'S IT! Never arrested, never been in a fight, and ppl don't want him because "he's a head case". When your a LB you have to have emotion, just learn to channell it and use it on the field. I would draft him in the 6th and let him compete, Idc what anyone says, if he came here he would be our starting mike backer, we don't really have anyone to challenge him except foster but he's really an outside LB.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I would take the chance. What's the worse that could happend you cut him and loose a 6th rd pick. Not big deal. Or if he pulls it together we will have a big steal and a monster in the middle!

bucsfan4lyf wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

I bet alot of teams are upset on not drafting Blount, and I think the same will be with Vontaze. He's had off the field issues but it's because he has a temper, THAT'S IT! Never arrested, never been in a fight, and ppl don't want him because "he's a head case". When your a LB you have to have emotion, just learn to channell it and use it on the field. I would draft him in the 6th and let him compete, Idc what anyone says, if he came here he would be our starting mike backer, we don't really have anyone to challenge him except foster but he's really an outside LB.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he gets drafted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: