Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated: Our Offense Next Year has Disaster Potential
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New York Green

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
One draft pick.

And the Majority of this forum didnt want an offensive player anyway.

We still have 9 more draft picks plus UDFAs.

You act like Ingram was some sort of savior that had no red flags at all and was a guaranteed cant fail prospect/

One of the needs, we as a collective agreed upon, was someone that could rush the QB with out forcing us to send extra blitzer. He fills that role.

I mean really, Its been one friggen pick. Sack up and show a little patience. Why bother rooting for a team you have zero faith in?
Off-Topic brah.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark this under the official overreaction thread Rolling Eyes

I mean come on. There's a good chance the Jets add two starters tomorrow. Watch some combination of Adams/Glenn/Randle/Jeffrey/Miller tomorrow and next thing you know people will be saying it's the best Jet draft since sliced bread.

Let's put things into prospective. There's no telling how successful this draft will be until 2-3 years from now. When we drafted Revis half the people on here didn't even know who he was, they were just satisfied we took a corner. When we selected Mangold, people were upset because we didn't take Addai. Just follow the board and take the best players available and our roster will be fine.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
New York Green

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

I mean come on. There's a good chance the Jets add two starters tomorrow. Watch some combination of Adams/Glenn/Randle/Jeffrey/Miller tomorrow and next thing you know people will be saying it's the best Jet draft since sliced bread.

Let's put things into prospective. There's no telling how successful this draft will be until 2-3 years from now. When we drafted Revis half the people on here didn't even know who he was, they were just satisfied we took a corner. When we selected Mangold, people were upset because we didn't take Addai. Just follow the board and take the best players available and our roster will be fine.

Stop saying this is an overreaction because this has nothing to do with teh Coples pick. Last time I checked he does not play offense. I just made this thread to talk about our offense.

THIS IS WHAT I AM SAYING. We don't have 2-3 years from now to wait and see if the WR, RB or project OL we develop are going to work out.

We need impact players who are in the primes of their career. Thats why I think we should have addressed Offense through Free Agency and defense through the draft.

On Offense we have HUGE holes that we need filled with mostly veterans. On D, we have a strong core where we could have used the draft to sprinkle in more talent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we draft a guy a guy like Miller, Massie, or Jeffrey this will all calm down a bit.

I mean are we playing next week? We have a whole draft left plus there will be some camp cuts we could look at. Braylon Edwards anyone?

This is a little early before we crown ourselves the worst offense in the league, lots can still change.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jamison.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Green wrote:
I've decided that the player who has the best chance at making an immediate impact on offense next year is Miami RB Lamar Miller.

I see him having a Chris Johnson type rookie season. Just hand him the ball and let him run.

#47 Please

exactly how i feel. im on the miller or bust bandwagon

Jamison.'s Gallery
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Green wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

Stop saying this is an overreaction because this has nothing to do with teh Coples pick. Last time I checked he does not play offense. I just made this thread to talk about our offense.

THIS IS WHAT I AM SAYING. We don't have 2-3 years from now to wait and see if the WR, RB or project OL we develop are going to work out.

We need impact players who are in the primes of their career. Thats why I think we should have addressed Offense through Free Agency and defense through the draft.

On Offense we have HUGE holes that we need filled with mostly veterans. On D, we have a strong core where we could have used the draft to sprinkle in more talent.

It is an overreaction, because had your top player been drafted, you wouldn't have posted this.

I bet I can label your entire thinking process of the pick.
1. INGRAM, INGRAM
2. Why are they taking so long?
3. Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
4. Looking to kill something
5. WTF. If they didn't want Ingram could've taken Wright, Reiff, DeCastro
6. Our offense sucks.

Laughing Just relax. The Jets need talent, but the Jets can definitely find players who can make a huge impact today/tomorrow. Fact is our offense won't be that good. The amount of wins we will have will be determined by how good our defense is. The Jets will be in the mold of the 2010 offense, but the plan is to use Sanchez to his strengths more often and put him in a position to succeed. If Braylon is healthy and the Jets draft a legit deep threat sometime today or tomorrow, I won't be too worried about the WRs.

It comes down to the OLine. I personally believe Vlad can be very good in a power-man scheme because it requires less thinking and more mauling. As Davey has pointed out before, this guy has rare strength/athleticism and has flashed the ability to push good DLineman 5 yards down the field. If he gets over the playbook issues I think he can be a solid starter. I get your point about wanting "studs" instead of mid-late round players that require development, but look around the NFL and see where some of the studs have been drafted. Jahri Evans (4th), Carl Nicks (5th), Chris Snee (2nd), Kris Dielman (undrafted), Brian Waters (undrafted), Jeff Saturday (undrafted). We have two studs right now and that's two more then a lot of teams in this league. We have the best C in the league and a top 5 LT. Can we use a good pulling LG? Sure, but I don't think Slauson is garbage. He played the season on a torn bicep and rotator cuff and was still solid. I like him better at RG, but he's not as bad as you say. The right side needs to be replaced and revamped, but I think at least one of these guys on the roster (Vlad, Schlaud, Austin) has what it takes. Goal is to find the next guy who can contribute.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
Dman515

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets need to address RB or WR in the worst of ways. We can compare our offense to 2010 all we want but we had Woody at RT Jones and Green at RB and 3 competent WR's by the end of the year. This year we have Green and one disgruntled WR who doesn't try. Our current offense is a shell of the 2010 offense assuming Sanchez doesn't take a huge step forward

If Shakespeare could write a rivalry, he would write the Jets-Patriots.
New York Green

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
New York Green wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

It is an overreaction, because had your top player been drafted, you wouldn't have posted this.

I bet I can label your entire thinking process of the pick.
1. INGRAM, INGRAM
2. Why are they taking so long?
3. Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
4. Looking to kill something
5. WTF. If they didn't want Ingram could've taken Wright, Reiff, DeCastro
6. Our offense sucks.

Laughing Just relax. The Jets need talent, but the Jets can definitely find players who can make a huge impact today/tomorrow. Fact is our offense won't be that good. The amount of wins we will have will be determined by how good our defense is. The Jets will be in the mold of the 2010 offense, but the plan is to use Sanchez to his strengths more often and put him in a position to succeed. If Braylon is healthy and the Jets draft a legit deep threat sometime today or tomorrow, I won't be too worried about the WRs.

It comes down to the OLine. I personally believe Vlad can be very good in a power-man scheme because it requires less thinking and more mauling. As Davey has pointed out before, this guy has rare strength/athleticism and has flashed the ability to push good DLineman 5 yards down the field. If he gets over the playbook issues I think he can be a solid starter. I get your point about wanting "studs" instead of mid-late round players that require development, but look around the NFL and see where some of the studs have been drafted. Jahri Evans (4th), Carl Nicks (5th), Chris Snee (2nd), Kris Dielman (undrafted), Brian Waters (undrafted), Jeff Saturday (undrafted). We have two studs right now and that's two more then a lot of teams in this league. We have the best C in the league and a top 5 LT. Can we use a good pulling LG? Sure, but I don't think Slauson is garbage. He played the season on a torn bicep and rotator cuff and was still solid. I like him better at RG, but he's not as bad as you say. The right side needs to be replaced and revamped, but I think at least one of these guys on the roster (Vlad, Schlaud, Austin) has what it takes. Goal is to find the next guy who can contribute.

I understand what you are saying but I feel as if you don't understand me. Everything you just said was an "if" scenario. There are more question marks and holes on this offense then I have seen since 2005.

Thus my title, this offense has disastrous potential, and personally, I feel as if it is going to take a miracle to prove otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with the Cople pick.

In terms of the offense, I'm definitely worried, but if we do end up with Alshon or Miller, I'll be fine.

Like JK said, you can find OL depth everywhere.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
sharpy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your post is on the mark NY Green. I think everyone here knows we need to immediately address our offense. And as you said, the line is the place to start. I think McKnight will be much more effective if he has an actual hole to run to. The jury is still out on Powell and Schonn seems to be on a downward slope. So your right lets get a quality tackle and guard and worry about the running backs and receivers later. We make the playoffs this year! GUARANTEED!!!!
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we say overdramatic???
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes, we have Tim Tebow. Crisis averted. Laughing

In all seriousness though, as long as we figure out the RT spot I think we will be fine. We need another starting WR, but we can still find that in the draft. If not there is always Bray Bray. But we definitely need to figure out what to do at RT. I would be worried if it's just Ducasse and Hunter fighting it out for that spot.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
IBleedGreen7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Braylon Edwards- deep threat great blocker

Draft Juron Criner- possession guy great blocker

Draft Robert Turbin- Greene and Turbin let loose on defenses, while McKnight works magic out of the back field

Added to Holmes and Kerley working the middle, Keller/Cumberland working the deep middle and hopefully one of Hunter or Ducasse dont suck

Ground and Pound baby, as long as we work the clock and the D holds teams under 17 I think our offense will be fine

Props To Jamison.
Why does no one respect Andrew Luck
s0wra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offense isn't very good. We all get that. I'm just not sure what you want them to do about it. They had very little money to spend in free agency and have made one draft pick. Most people agreed that that picks should have been and was used on a pass rusher.

They have mostly the same offense they had last year minus Plax and LT. Both of which looked old and useless for most of the year. They could draft a receiver in the 2nd and a late round RB and it would make up for what they lost. I know the offense wasn't great last year but they did win eight games.

It's funny how everyone says they want to build through the draft, groom some young players and stop signing big free agents. They say they don't want to trade up. They want to sit back and let the draft come to them like the good teams do. Then when the Jets actually do it, they start freaking out. Building through the draft can take time. Sometimes you miss on players. Sometimes you need to hit it big with a late round pick.

Lets not call this offseason a failure after one round of the draft.

Sig by Jamison.
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jets don't draft a receiver early tonight I don't think it's that big an exaggeration to say the Jets are in trouble if Braylon Edwards isn't healthy and capable of still being a good #2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: