Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

198th Pick - Tommy Streeter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: 198th Pick - Tommy Streeter Reply with quote

With the 198th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami (FL)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/Tommy-Streeter.php

http://sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/wr/tommy-streeter/

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/tommy-streeter

Once again the Ravens were looking to upgrade the WR position in the draft. With Streeter they get a big target that fits well in Cameron's vertical offense. One of the biggest concerns with Streeter is his hands but at this point in the 6th round he's a good pick based on his upside alone.
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you we didn't need to jump on a big WR early, but I certainly didn't think we could wait this long to get one. Ridiculous.

And there I was starting to like Dale Moss. Let's take him with the 7th. Laughing
dcfields

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steal of the draft! I am ecstatic. I honestly thought we were going to draft Streeter at #130. He has so much to learn about the position but you simply can't teach 6'4 1/2", 219 lbs. & 4.40 speed. His best is yet to come.
FlaccoForever

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 198th Pick - Tommy Streeter Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
With the 198th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami (FL)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/Tommy-Streeter.php

http://sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/wr/tommy-streeter/

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/tommy-streeter

Once again the Ravens were looking to upgrade the WR position in the draft. With Streeter they get a big target that fits well in Cameron's vertical offense. One of the biggest concerns with Streeter is his hands but at this point in the 6th round he's a good pick based on his upside alone.

I like Streeter's upside, his hands not so much but he has good potential. At the end of the day the man is 6'5 and can run a 4.4.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another concern for Streeter is that he only had one year of production for the Hurricanes. What he did do this past year was pretty nice though even with the concerns about his hands. The QB play for Miami wasn't the best either. When he declared to come out early it was surprising but now that he fell to the Ravens in the 6th round I'm not complaining. Another year at Miami similar to what he did this past season would have cemented him as a top 3 round pick in my opinion.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His hands have a long way to go, even to get to Torrey Smith level.

Other than that, he's the perfect type of receiver for our offense with his stretch the field vertical ability. He should also be a really good red zone jump ball guy.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Another concern for Streeter is that he only had one year of production for the Hurricanes. What he did do this past year was pretty nice though even with the concerns about his hands. The QB play for Miami wasn't the best either. When he declared to come out early it was surprising but now that he fell to the Ravens in the 6th round I'm not complaining. Another year at Miami similar to what he did this past season would have cemented him as a top 3 round pick in my opinion.

Agreed. I thought he would've really benefited from staying, but that Miami situation really screwed a couple of these guys.

He's big, he's fast, and that's what this offense needs. I think he probably went to one of the better teams that he could've gone to- like I was saying with Stephen Hill. Our vertical offense will help to allow Streeter to get on the field earlier and have a role as a niche receiver along the outside when we go 3 WR sets and want to put Boldin the slot.

I'd like to see what "Touchdown Tommy's" 10 yard split was. On tape he seems more 4.5ish than 4.3ish, but at the same time he looks like a build up guy with deceptive speed... because I continue to see him getting behind guys. So I just would like to see what his explosive numbers look like. He doesn't have a great vertical, only a solid one and his broad jump is only solid... so I'd imagine that his 10 yard split was more of a 1.59 type... solid, but not the 1.49 highly explosive type speed that Hill runs. You want a guy to get you quick separation and I'm not sure Streeter is that guy. But on those long developing routes, he could really be a factor as a niche player.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
His hands have a long way to go, even to get to Torrey Smith level.

Other than that, he's the perfect type of receiver for our offense with his stretch the field vertical ability. He should also be a really good red zone jump ball guy.

Its almost as if our front office decided after all the drops in 2010 that if we're gonna have receivers who can't catch at least we'll have fast receivers who can't catch. Very Happy

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Agreed. I thought he would've really benefited from staying, but that Miami situation really screwed a couple of these guys.

He's big, he's fast, and that's what this offense needs. I think he probably went to one of the better teams that he could've gone to- like I was saying with Stephen Hill. Our vertical offense will help to allow Streeter to get on the field earlier and have a role as a niche receiver along the outside when we go 3 WR sets and want to put Boldin the slot.

I'd like to see what "Touchdown Tommy's" 10 yard split was. On tape he seems more 4.5ish than 4.3ish, but at the same time he looks like a build up guy with deceptive speed... because I continue to see him getting behind guys. So I just would like to see what his explosive numbers look like. He doesn't have a great vertical, only a solid one and his broad jump is only solid... so I'd imagine that his 10 yard split was more of a 1.59 type... solid, but not the 1.49 highly explosive type speed that Hill runs. You want a guy to get you quick separation and I'm not sure Streeter is that guy. But on those long developing routes, he could really be a factor as a niche player.

You're right that he's fast, but he doesn't have burst. If we can teach him to beat the jam at the line I think he can develop into a solid receiver in the mold of Malcom Floyd.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
You're right that he's fast, but he doesn't have burst. If we can teach him to beat the jam at the line I think he can develop into a solid receiver in the mold of Malcom Floyd.

Yep, his ability to get off of press coverage is lacking to say the least. Still like the pick a lot though. Floyd is a nice comparison for him.
FlaccoForever

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Integrity wrote:

Yep, his ability to get off of press coverage is lacking to say the least. Still like the pick a lot though. Floyd is a nice comparison for him.

I'm guessing Cam Cameron was the loudest person in the draft room when Streeter was picked, he loves big fast WRs and the Ravens finally got him one.
Bora baęa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streeterīs story from Raising Canes: Talk about his struggles at first a The U, and his emergence as a key player for the team. Worth watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04GIotkD8u4&feature=relmfu
Jamal55

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love it.

Low risk huge reward type prospect since he was selected in the 6th round. Very raw, but we don't need him right away. Let him learn for a couple years, and we might have something here.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting this kind of guy in the 6th round is a ridiculous steal IMHO.

I could care less about his hands, I mean we all said "Torrey Smith can't catch" last year and look what happened. It was a pretty much non issue, especially near the end of the year.

You can teach a guy to catch, run routes, block, beat the press, but you can't teach him how to get taller and teach them the intangibles.

Love this pick, and I look forward to seeing how Streeter fits in to our scheme, especially with his size/speed combo!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I could care less about his hands, I mean we all said "Torrey Smith can't catch" last year and look what happened. It was a pretty much non issue, especially near the end of the year.

You can teach a guy to catch, run routes, block, beat the press, but you can't teach him how to get taller and teach them the intangibles.

Love this pick, and I look forward to seeing how Streeter fits in to our scheme, especially with his size/speed combo!

Yep, which is why Clarence Moore was such a stud for us, right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yep, which is why Clarence Moore was such a stud for us, right?

Streeter is faster than Moore and Moore had Kyle Boller throwing him the football, nuff said. The Ravens have a better QB now and Streeter can learn from Boldin and Torrey Smith, Moore didn't have a quality veteran WR he could learn from.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: