Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome our 7th overall pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Welcome our 7th overall pick Reply with quote

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Interview-with-1st-Round-Pick-Mark-Barron/7f267eae-d156-4f5c-8fb3-981bf906a415

Welcome to Tampa Mark.

Looks like with the proper coaches we might have a decent defense, lots of potential. Bowers, Clayborn, Foster, McCoy, Price, Talib, Ronde, Wagner, hopefull 1 or 2 guys become studs Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Barron situation reminds me a lot like Ed Reed. Reed played on a very talented team that won the national championship. Reed at 5'11 200 with 4.57 speed would go top 10 again if we were to re-draft. Barron is bigger, has a similar situation in the fact he was probably overlooked with a defense full of studs, but I just don't know if he is Reed special when it comes to playmaking ability.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Mark Barron situation reminds me a lot like Ed Reed. Reed played on a very talented team that won the national championship. Reed at 5'11 200 with 4.57 speed would go top 10 again if we were to re-draft. Barron is bigger, has a similar situation in the fact he was probably overlooked with a defense full of studs, but I just don't know if he is Reed special when it comes to playmaking ability.

I don't think anyone has that playmaking ability besides Troy Polamalu, and even he doesn't make plays like that anymore. Kind of unfair to hold him to that standard.

Think of it more like Barron compared to Sean "What's a gap?" Jones.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
indifference wrote:

I don't think anyone has that playmaking ability besides Troy Polamalu, and even he doesn't make plays like that anymore. Kind of unfair to hold him to that standard.

Think of it more like Barron compared to Sean "What's a gap?" Jones.
I wasn't holding him to Ed Reed standard just saying he probably doesn't have it in him to be that special, which is okay. Finding HOF safeties is like picking a needle in a haystack. If he can be Earl Thomas good we got a good pick but if this is Donte Whitner/Michael Huff type guy we probably didn't do enough diligence.
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock wrote:
At best he is a ALLPRO Safety and at worst he is a ALLPRO SAFETY

Thou I like Barron I think Kuechley should have been the pick personally hate that Panthers now have Kuechley and Beason.. BUT

Barron and Martin is a wonderful start plus pointing out we moved up in 4th.. HELLYA!!

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:
Mayock wrote:
At best he is a ALLPRO Safety and at worst he is a ALLPRO SAFETY

Thou I like Barron I think Kuechley should have been the pick personally hate that Panthers now have Kuechley and Beason.. BUT

Barron and Martin is a wonderful start plus pointing out we moved up in 4th.. HELLYA!!
To be quite frank, Barron has more big hits than him and he is a linebacker.

I'm happy to have him. He is very versatile. He can man up on the slot, play the box, and play CFer. Had he have better measureables, he would've been an elite prospect more than likely.
mfw096

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:

I really hope your right man

I'll admit though I can't stand this pick right now, but I'm sure the more I watch of Barron I'll warm up.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety was just as much a need as CB if not more after losing Jackson actually. If Barron fits what they wanna do on defense and claiborne doesn't fit then lets roll with it
Diesel00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Safety was just as much a need as CB if not more after losing Jackson actually. If Barron fits what they wanna do on defense and claiborne doesn't fit then lets roll with it

Totally agree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if we kept Jackson. Jax and Barron two head huntin ball hawks.

Oh well. Im so curious to see how the rest of our draft plays out. Coaching staff must feel very comfortable with Talibs case and the depth behind him.

I wonder what mid round corner they might have their eye on Think

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:

Really more of a need. At least there's someone there to play corner. We had nothing at safety.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdfast wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

Really more of a need. At least there's someone there to play corner. We had nothing at safety.

Yes you're right it is actually, only thing is I was thinking we could have gotten better value at safety in the 4th or 5th
sandman2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
Imagine if we kept Jackson. Jax and Barron two head huntin ball hawks.

Oh well. Im so curious to see how the rest of our draft plays out. Coaching staff must feel very comfortable with Talibs case and the depth behind him.

I wonder what mid round corner they might have their eye on Think

If jenkins falls he's obviously the pick but I doubt it...

I'm thinking Boykin would be a really solid pick for our secondary-jumps out at you on tape.

Maybe Johnson or Robinson are other possibilities
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
tdfast wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

Yes you're right it is actually, only thing is I was thinking we could have gotten better value at safety in the 4th or 5th

Barron and Smith are the only safeties worth much in this draft. The only way we got someone decent in the 4th or 5th is if we take a CB and make them a FS, a la Tanard Jackson. I actually hope we do that again in the 4th or 5th to find a FS and push Barber back to CB.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7497/mark-barron

Quote:
According to the Tampa Bay Times, Mark Barron was ranked higher on the Bucs draft board than CB Morris Claiborne.
The Bucs had set the wheels in motion to trade down to No. 7 even before the Vikings chose Matt Kalil over Claiborne. In other words, they got the player they targeted -- not a consolation prize -- after losing out on Trent Richardson. Barron is expected to start from Day One.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: