Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs Trade back into the 1st round to pick Doug Martin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucfan4ever

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Bucs Trade back into the 1st round to pick Doug Martin Reply with quote

The Bucs traded their second round pick and Jacksonville 4th round pick to Denver for their 31st pick and Denver fourth round pick . which the bucs select Doug Martin RB Boise State

Last edited by bucfan4ever on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's how u trade, not that crap before
kaymbee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we traded 36 and 101 to Denver for their 31 and 126 that they got from the Pats.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, we should have just stayed pat. Thank god, Blount won't be the #1 back no more. I'm happy to have Doug Martin on the team.

True workhorse, experienced, can catch and block.
thejedi41

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am STOKED about MARTIN!!!! YEAH BABY! He was BY FAR the NEXT guy on my list to be a BUC! I had hoped for Him and Claiborne but, I am just as happy. I thought we just traded spots in the 4th. Did we actually give it up?
I thought I read different.....[b[/b]
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy coming out of the first round like this. Big explosive guys, both tough that will add a ton of plays to our team.

Claiborne was ranked soft by some, some had a few corners ranked higher than him. With all the cb threads we have had this offseason and how bad we thought it would be, and having knowledge from his old coach and still passing, we wanted to get tougher plane and simple!

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I am very happy coming out of the first round like this. Big explosive guys, both tough that will add a ton of plays to our team.

Claiborne was ranked soft by some, some had a few corners ranked higher than him. With all the cb threads we have had this offseason and how bad we thought it would be, and having knowledge from his old coach and still passing, we wanted to get tougher plane and simple!

Claiborne is great at man to man coverage and has elite ball skills which are rare, but he isn't the best tackler and is supposedly weak in zone. I mean he's a great prospect but he isn't this flawless, absolutely can't miss player.
96BucsBallin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A runner with a bruising style and little in the way of flashy moves who has a history of hip, hamstring and ankle injuries isn't worth a 1st round pick but what's done is done. Hope he plays well for us.
Here comes the greatest comeback in Monday night football history. The beginning of the beginning.
Its Thursday
#itsabucslife
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kid is a STUD. Very jealous!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!! So stoked about pickin him up
tdfast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks even smarter after the Giants took Wilson with the next pick. Martin is a legit starter and Wilson is not. Huge difference between who we got and who we could have gotten if we stayed. Perfect trade.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejedi41 wrote:
I am STOKED about MARTIN!!!! YEAH BABY! He was BY FAR the NEXT guy on my list to be a BUC! I had hoped for Him and Claiborne but, I am just as happy. I thought we just traded spots in the 4th. Did we actually give it up?

no we still have a 4th round pikc, just went back 25 spots, genius trade! Thank you broncos!
tdfast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
thejedi41 wrote:

no we still have a 4th round pikc, just went back 25 spots, genius trade! Thank you broncos!

And usually the Broncos are so smart with thier picks!! Very Happy
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdfast wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
thejedi41 wrote:

And usually the Broncos are so smart with thier picks!! Very Happy
I think it was great of the Bucs to trade up and pick Martin, he's going to be a stud.

But how does this trade make the Broncos not smart with their picks? We move down 5 spots to where our draft board is THE SAME and move up in the fourth round. It makes perfect sense for our team. Great trade all around I'd say...
USFTAMPABAY20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zukhyubern wrote:
tdfast wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
thejedi41 wrote:

And usually the Brcos are so smart with thier picks!! Very Happy
I think it was great of the Bucs to trade up and pick Martin, he's going to be a stud.
_
But how does this trade make the Broncos not smart with their picks? We move down 5 spots to where our draft board is THE SAME and move up in the fourth ro

und. It makes perfect sense for our team. Great trade all around I'd say...

Thought it was a great trade too. People just hear a first for a second and think its a rob.... when realistically u pretty much gained a 3rd and we got a 5th.

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: