Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We got greedy and lost out
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We drafted an immediate starter in Barron and a damn good RB. We missed out on Claiborne and Richardson, but it's not like we drafted scrubs. I like what we've done. I didn't think I would say that without getting Richardson or Claiborne.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did not want Claiborne. Even if Dallas didn't move up, the Rams would have taken him. We had Barron higher on our board. You can complain that MoCla should have been higher on our board, but we did not get greedy.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What DOm did the best:

Get that 4th rounder and still got the player they wanted. Guess they had Barron at the top of there board, (well behind Richardson) all along.

Then they give up and 2nd and Jacksonvilles 4th to move up to get Martin, who I think is a great consolation prize to not getting Richardson.

Not only that, they just swap 4th round selections, so technically, we didn't lose any picks.

Now, what I'd like to see: Move up into round 2, and draft Mychal Kendricks by dangling your 3rd and 5th.

Trade a 4th to Dallas for Mike Jenkins, and then draft for depth.
tdfast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't beleive I'm saying it but obviously Tampa didn't want Claiborne. So we grabbed a great safety and then a starting RB.

What I love about that is the Giants took a RB with the very next pick so I'm sure they would have loved to take Martin and left us out in the cold. So we make the move we need to make, get Martin and leave them to have to take Wilson instead. That's a perfect trade and we probably don't do it if we have Claiborne and don't get the extra 4th.
sandman2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how all the claiborne people are essentially completely flipping and saying he shouldn't have been the pick after crying on this board for MONTHS about how he should be the pick over Trich etc.

I was excited when the barron pick was made and I'm excited about it now because this isn't the type of player that is going to be a bust. He's coached very well, has great physical ability and is coming into a situation where everyone on the team is going to be learning a new defense so he can grab the reigns of this team early.

The Martin trade was great. I know some people were freaking out when we dropped to 7 but that trade basically allowed us to jump up and snag martin while allowing us to keep #3.- Great move if he pans out
sandman2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
What DOm did the best:

Get that 4th rounder and still got the player they wanted. Guess they had Barron at the top of there board, (well behind Richardson) all along.

Then they give up and 2nd and Jacksonvilles 4th to move up to get Martin, who I think is a great consolation prize to not getting Richardson.

Not only that, they just swap 4th round selections, so technically, we didn't lose any picks.

Now, what I'd like to see: Move up into round 2, and draft Mychal Kendricks by dangling your 3rd and 5th.

Trade a 4th to Dallas for Mike Jenkins, and then draft for depth.

I'd like to see us trade up too- but for Lavonte David or maybe even Janoris Jenkins will just fall to us- him and barron in one draft class would create a scary rookie secondary.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This speaks volumes because ROn Brooks knows Claiborne better than any nfl coaching staff pretty much.
USFTAMPABAY20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
This speaks volumes because ROn Brooks knows Claiborne better than any nfl coaching staff pretty much.

Thought of this when it happened.

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
There is no way we were targeting Claiborne with that trade. Absolutely no way we allow that many picks to risk for trades if Claiborne was the target, because we would have had him if we wanted him.

We traded the pick even before the Vikings had their pick in, and people were talking about this trade before the draft even started. This was in the works for awhile.

exactly.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
There is no way we were targeting Claiborne with that trade. Absolutely no way we allow that many picks to risk for trades if Claiborne was the target, because we would have had him if we wanted him.

We traded the pick even before the Vikings had their pick in, and people were talking about this trade before the draft even started. This was in the works for awhile.

exactly.

We knew Minny's pick before we traded. We just didn't want Claiborne. *shrugs*

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Thought of this when it happened.

That's a very good and interesting point. Good call, RnP.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
indifference wrote:
Where is Bucsstophere?

He did mention beer, didn't he? Maybe he's doing a little hardy partying.

I was looking forward to his thoughts on Barron.

OK im back sober, and happy Very Happy...yesterday was a great day for BSH. Finally getting a Bama player and winning 600$ last night Smile

thoughts on the pick...As soon as Cleveland traded yesterday I tweeted this...
Quote:
Trade back now and get Barron is what I want....then get David and Miller in the 2nd

As you all know the entire offseason I had a 2 major problems with Claiborne. The first I asked, and NO ONE was ever able to answer is how did he show that he can lock down the elite WR's that are in the NFL? I showed how Austin from WVU tore through that LSU secondary. I said he has great ball skills and mirror skills, but thought he was too small(weight) and would get beat physically by the VJax and Julio's of this world. The best part about it is we will see this year in Dallas in week 3. He'll get to show whether or not he is "that guy"

on to Barron

Someone mentioned a couple days ago something that I agreed with. There was a safety that was a captain on a NC team a few years back that had no major weaknesses and for some reason slipped on draft day. That man was HOF to be Ed Reed. Now by NO MEANS am I saying that Barron is Ed Reed, but I am sure as heck excited!

People forget how big this guy really is. He fits the mold of exactly what Schiano wants. Barron was asked to do MANY things by Saban and excelled at whatever he was asked to do. In his sophomore year he was asked to play in the box and did it great helping Bama win a NC. In his JR year he was asked to do alot of different year he played a little more centerfield. Watch his JR game vs Penn State and you'll see the ball hawk who was easily the best DB on the field, possibly the best defender in that game. Come back to his SR year and with the emergence of Robert Lester, Mark was asked to fill the box and did so very well again. Remember how good Bama's run D has been the past 3 years. Top 5 every year....Mark was a big part of that, and to me it was evidence because Saban went ALL IN to go get Collins to replace him this year.

I for one am ecstatic about the move and cant wait to finally have a Bama player suiting up for the first time in a WHILE. Your talking about a 2 time All American, Team captain and 2 time National Champion. Saban develops a winning environment and expects more out of his guys. Im happy! Think it's time to order me a Mark Barron jersey Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: