You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question from a jags fan

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadjag

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Question from a jags fan Reply with quote

How do you guys feel about the trade, are you mad about losing out on claiborne?

General consensus on the jags forum is that filling our biggest need with the #1 receiver in the draft and only losing a 4th is a hell of a deal for us. And you guys were able too get a great safety in Barron and use our 4th to jump back up and snag a Maurice jones-drew clone in Martin. Those two guys are better than getting just Claiborne IMO and you guys should be able to pick up a decent starter at CB if you want in the second like Jenkins or Hosley.

At first I thought the jags had made a steal but now I think things worked out pretty well for everybody. With this plus free agency you guys should see a much improved Tampa Bay squad this fall.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I was a little upset, but I feel that we filled perhaps a bigger need (S) in Barron. What the trade and pick tells me is that we were "all or nothing" on Richardson and our interest in Claiborne wasn't as high as speculated. From the sounds of it, Schiano and Dominik got the #2 guy on their board (after Trent).

Well, we traded our second to trade up to select Martin. But we really didn't give up anything because we traded the fourth you guys gave us and essentially moved back in the fourth round. We'll likely see a LB in the 3rd and then a CB in the 4th.

Also happy for the Jags too, give Gabbert a chance to succeed. Blackmon, Robinson, Thomas, Evans and Lewis isn't a bad corps to throw too. Add in Jones-Drew and that could be a very good offense, we all know how good your defense is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy that the Jags got Blackmon, and I'm crazy stoked about Barron. I don't think I ever really considered him because I didn't know how highly everyone had thought of him, but I'm more excited about Barron than I would have been about Claiborne.

Then we used that 4th to move around and grab Martin and fill another huge need. It looked bad immediately but I was happy about it the more I thought about it and the longer the draft went on.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it worked out perfect for both sides. They wanted barron, Jax wanted Blackmon, we used the 4th to grab our RB

Only thing is, I remember rumors about Dallas being high on barron and safety was a big need in dallas, so I bet they were holding their breath until the claiborne pick was made, unless they were fine picking either one i don't know

Last edited by Caaddy24 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
tdfast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I think it worked out perfect for both sides. They wanted barron, Jax wanted Blackmon, we used the 4th to grab our RB

Only thing is, I remember rumors about Dallas being high on barron and safety was a big need in dallas, so I bet they were holding their breathe until the claiborne pick was made, unless they were fine picking either one i don't know

I doubt Barron was ever in play for Dallas. They were going to take Claiborne for sure. We could have moved back to 9 and still got Barron, though that might be a little tight.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdfast wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

Only thing is, I remember rumors about Dallas being high on barron and safety was a big need in dallas, so I bet they were holding their breathe until the claiborne pick was made, unless they were fine picking either one i don't know

I doubt Barron was ever in play for Dallas. They were going to take Claiborne for sure. We could have moved back to 9 and still got Barron, though that might be a little tight.

I read Dallas wanted him at 14 but I think they wanted Claiborne more and jumped at the chance to take him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: