You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandman2300

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

Screams all over the field making plays...great cover guy- NICE tackler.

The only part of this I'm truly pissed about is only getting a 4th in the deal and the Rams got a 2nd from dallas? we at least shouldve gotten a 3rd
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

sandman2300 wrote:

The only part of this I'm truly pissed about is only getting a 4th in the deal and the Rams got a 2nd from dallas? we at least shouldve gotten a 3rd

Meh, still wanted a trade up for Rich or Claiborne at 5. I guess the reason we only got a 4th because they moved up 2 spots, whereas Dallas had to move up more so it cost more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

Meh, still wanted a trade up for Rich or Claiborne at 5. I guess the reason we only got a 4th because they moved up 2 spots, whereas Dallas had to move up more so it cost more.

I mean I think we all did but this kid can really be a great player for us.

honestly if we nab David or Janoris in round 2 our defense is on it's way- I'd love for us to use our 3rd and 4th to get back into rd 2 and let's GO
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Richardson sooooooo bad. If we wanted Claiborne we cold of taken him, team didn't like him as much as some on this board. I'll put faith in the coaches, love me some sick safeties. Huge upgrade to our secondary and our defense as a whole.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

sandman2300 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

honestly if we nab David or Janoris in round 2 our defense is on it's way- I'd love for us to use our 3rd and 4th to get back into rd 2 and let's GO

Wait, so you would be fine trading our 3rd/4th pick to move up into round 2 to take a tier 2 prospect, but didn't want to give those same picks for Trent Richardson? What????

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

Wait, so you would be fine trading our 3rd/4th pick to move up into round 2 to take a tier 2 prospect, but didn't want to give those same picks for Trent Richardson? What????

We didn't have a fourth to give up for richardson- I don't know why this is hard to understand.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

sandman2300 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

We didn't have a fourth to give up for richardson- I don't know why this is hard to understand.

I'm very aware of the picks we had, don't try and be condescending, it makes you look childish and foolish. Why were you unwilling to give up late round picks for an elite prospect like Richardson but have no problem giving them away to move up in the 2nd?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

I'm very aware of the picks we had, don't try and be condescending, it makes you look childish and foolish. Why were you unwilling to give up late round picks for an elite prospect like Richardson but have no problem giving them away to move up in the 2nd?

If we had a 4th...which we didn't- I would've been fine with it. Since we got a 4th I'm going to basically look at it like an extra pick. So if there's a player still sitting in round 2 still that we think can come in and play right away for us I don't see a reason not throwing in that 4th we just got to go get him. Might not make too much sense the way I explained it but it does in my head lol
mfw096

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

How can you say that? I would of them F Off because we know and everyone else knows that the Rams really wanted Blackmon as well and we could of got more... Look what the Vikings got we could of got a lot more or said screw it
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

How can you say that? I would of them F Off because we know and everyone else knows that the Rams really wanted Blackmon as well and we could of got more... Look what the Vikings got we could of got a lot more or said screw it

We didn't get more because we moved from 5 to 7 where the Cowboys went from 14 to 6. Bigger moves cost bigger picks.
sandman2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

We didn't get more because we moved from 5 to 7 where the Cowboys went from 14 to 6. Bigger moves cost bigger picks.

A third or two fourths would've been appropriate because everyone knows there were "5 elite" players so if you want to jump up to get one you damn well better pony up.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway after a solid 12 hours to sleep on this, I really do love the pick. Barron will help our run and pass defenses and I believe he will help more so than Claiborne would have helped either the run D or pass D. Not necessarily knocking Claiborne, but safety was a much bigger need and did little for the run game which was our biggest weakness over the last 3 years.

Knowing that we have a leader and great in the box safety makes me feel much more comfortable with our run defense going forward. Once he gets accustomed to the game, I believe his presence alone should help improve our defense simply by calling plays.

Knowing we have a monster back there to help stuff holes and prevent those long runs is nice, let alone the help in coverage. Now we don't have to watch Jones be completely out of place or Grimm get burned because he just wasn't fast enough.
sandman2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Anyway after a solid 12 hours to sleep on this, I really do love the pick. Barron will help our run and pass defenses and I believe he will help more so than Claiborne would have helped either the run D or pass D. Not necessarily knocking Claiborne, but safety was a much bigger need and did little for the run game which was our biggest weakness over the last 3 years.

Knowing that we have a leader and great in the box safety makes me feel much more comfortable with our run defense going forward. Once he gets accustomed to the game, I believe his presence alone should help improve our defense simply by calling plays.

Knowing we have a monster back there to help stuff holes and prevent those long runs is nice, let alone the help in coverage. Now we don't have to watch Jones be completely out of place or Grimm get burned because he just wasn't fast enough.

yesssssssss he switched sides off the claiborne wagon!
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Buck up baby...Barron is a hell of a player! Reply with quote

sandman2300 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:

A third or two fourths would've been appropriate because everyone knows there were "5 elite" players so if you want to jump up to get one you damn well better pony up.

It was an appropriate trade for 2 spots and we still got our guy. Maybe the Jags should have given less if they knew we wanted Barron, think of that? It was a good trade for both sides.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandman2300 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

yesssssssss he switched sides off the claiborne wagon!

I was never really on the Claiborne wagon, but there was a time I wanted him quite a bit.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: