Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 15th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
He's 24 years old. There's no way you drop out as a junior, spend almost three years on the street, then go to college for 4 years and be 22 years old.

He could have been a genius child and skipped 3 grades in elementary school Smile

jk

"We all we got, we all we need"
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Not that we need any more confirmation, but KJR just interviewed WVU defensive coordinator who said a handful of teams contacted him about Bruce Irvin and that "he wasn't going to last much longer than #15".

Schneider also said that he had a trade in place but we didn't do it because he got the feeling the Jets were going to take him at 16.

Which is believable because the Jet's need a pass rush and they ended up taking Coples.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:

Schneider also said that he had a trade in place but we didn't do it because he got the feeling the Jets were going to take him at 16.

Which is believable because the Jet's need a pass rush and they ended up taking Coples.

Teams knew Arizona was going with Mike Floyd, so people were trying to get ahead of Seattle to get Bruce Irvin, but St. Louis refused to trade back again because Brockers was the guy they were targeting. So Seattle really lucked out, trading to the perfect spot to nab their guy.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you trust Pete and John (which I do, no reason not to really), than you really can't question a pick in which they had the opportunity to move down again (and we know how much John wants extra picks) but instead took Irvin with pretty much every other pass rusher in the draft still on the board.

Speaks volumes about how high they think of Irvin. If the coaching staff and the guys that get paid to watch every little thing these guys do likes him that much, I like him that much.

Call me a sheep that just agrees with the FO, but they've done a damn good job thus far which leads me to my reasoning.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete Carrol said this of Bruce Irvin

Quote:
"He is exactly the makeup that you are looking for," Carroll said. "This goes all the way back to Charles Haley and Chris Doleman and Derrick Thomas. That is the kind of effect this guy has a chance to have. He has a lot to learn. He is going to have to grow up with us and learn our system. But the makeup of this player is so rare. He looks like a carbon copy of Von Miller rushing the passer."

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
If you trust Pete and John (which I do, no reason not to really), than you really can't question a pick in which they had the opportunity to move down again (and we know how much John wants extra picks) but instead took Irvin with pretty much every other pass rusher in the draft still on the board.

Speaks volumes about how high they think of Irvin. If the coaching staff and the guys that get paid to watch every little thing these guys do likes him that much, I like him that much.

Call me a sheep that just agrees with the FO, but they've done a damn good job thus far which leads me to my reasoning.

agreed

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone that wants to rep, made by theDeeeej.

Code:
http://i46.tinypic.com/r0cig2.png

SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
He's 24 years old. There's no way you drop out as a junior, spend almost three years on the street, then go to college for 4 years and be 22 years old.

ProFootballWeekly.com lists him as being born in 1987 and describes him as being, 'overaged'.

No way he's 22 years old.

outside_Insider wrote:
bigjbos wrote:
I just want to know if he's 22 or 24. Thats all. I'm not sure why it's so hard to find out.

Wikipedia has him born Nov 1st, 1987...so it must be correct:

24 :roll:

He's 22 according to the Seahawks official website.

Here you go (again) http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster/Bruce-Irvin/15bebbd1-c822-4cd2-aaa0-c677b9a4faf0

My friend and I were debating Irvin before the draftyesterday I went to check his birth year on wikipedia and it was 1990, wikipedia's listing has been changed to reflect the correct DOB, 1987.

He's 24.

He's 22 according to the Seahawks official page.

Here you go (again): http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster/Bruce-Irvin/15bebbd1-c822-4cd2-aaa0-c677b9a4faf0

This says hes' 24.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2018085511_anoteaboutbruceirvinsagehes24.html
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
For anyone that wants to rep, made by theDeeeej.

Code:
http://i46.tinypic.com/r0cig2.png

Ty i need a sig.

Irvin just confirmed he is 24 on the 710 interview he said being 24 he is much more mature.
asgardian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce was in a club when he got the phone call. He wanted to party because he thought he would just chill tonight and watch it so at the cub he got a call and yelled to the DJ and made him turn it off. Everyone shut up and he talked on the phone and then yelled "I'M A F****** SEAHAWK!!!!!!" and the crowd erupted hahahaha

I hate that he went to you guys, better than the 49ers atleast
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm sitting in chemistry class and I just randomly thought of a nickname.

Project X

Clear play on words from the recent movie. However, Bruce is a project and the X implies his general uniqueness.

Thoughts? Laughing
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asgardian wrote:
better than the 49ers atleast

I agree, we are Wink
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you read this article about Bruce Irvin. It takes maybe 5-10 minutes to read it. It details his life story pretty much. I hate the fact that he's not a Lion, because I had him ranked 14th, and thought we'd be able to get him in the 2nd Crying or Very sad . He really played off of raw extreme athletic ability and instincts. If you look at him, you'd think he wouldn't be explosive in his lower body, yet he has one of the most explosive pair of legs in this draft. He has great upper body strength, and if you get him to add a slight amount of bulk in the lower body, he could be a once in a generation athlete IMO. He is going to be a beast in this league, and he'll probably also greatly benefit from your scheme. And, the talk of him being only a situational pass rusher are false IMO. He actually was pretty good against the run for a guy whose 245 lbs playing in a 3-3-5. He was the #1 DE on my big board (he made a last minute jump over Vinny Curry and Nick Perry), and it kills me to see this guy go anywhere but the Lions. Congratulations on your beast! Crying or Very sad

Oh, and seriously read that article, even if you don't care about the details about him and how he's actually a good character to have on an NFL team, it's pretty inspirational too.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
imani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I suggest you read this article about Bruce Irvin. It takes maybe 5-10 minutes to read it. It details his life story pretty much. I hate the fact that he's not a Lion, because I had him ranked 14th, and thought we'd be able to get him in the 2nd Crying or Very sad . He really played off of raw extreme athletic ability and instincts. If you look at him, you'd think he wouldn't be explosive in his lower body, yet he has one of the most explosive pair of legs in this draft. He has great upper body strength, and if you get him to add a slight amount of bulk in the lower body, he could be a once in a generation athlete IMO. He is going to be a beast in this league, and he'll probably also greatly benefit from your scheme. And, the talk of him being only a situational pass rusher are false IMO. He actually was pretty good against the run for a guy whose 245 lbs playing in a 3-3-5. He was the #1 DE on my big board (he made a last minute jump over Vinny Curry and Nick Perry), and it kills me to see this guy go anywhere but the Lions. Congratulations on your beast! Crying or Very sad

Oh, and seriously read that article, even if you don't care about the details about him and how he's actually a good character to have on an NFL team, it's pretty inspirational too.

thank you so much for this, very inspiring. I'm glad he made it and i'm happy he is a seahawk, but beyond that i'm happy this young man gets to live his life.

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

thank you so much for this, very inspiring. I'm glad he made it and i'm happy he is a seahawk, but beyond that i'm happy this young man gets to live his life.
Yeah, it bugs me when people talk about his character concerns, and I post that article and they don't reply. I think this is the 6th or 7th thread I've posted it in and you are the only person to reply to it, so I thank you for taking the time to read this great article.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: