Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated 1st round mock with a few trades by Dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldashex86

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Updated 1st round mock with a few trades by Dash Reply with quote

Criticisms welcome but, please give reasoning. ; D

Bills trade #10, 2012 3rd, and 2013 2nd for Bucs' #5
Bengals trade #17 and 2012 2nd for the Hawks #12 and 4th
Colts trade #33 and their 2012 4th for Ravens' #29

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB

It's official.

2. Washington Redskins (From St. Louis) - Robert Griffin III

So is this.

3. Minnesota Vikings - Morris Claiborne, CB
I'm going with the rumors on this one. This is a big need for the Vikes.

4. Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson, RB

The Browns need an identity on offense. Their defense made a big improvement last year so Claiborne is not a huge need. Richardson will open up the offense for the Browns and make things easier for Colt. Jordan Norwood may continue to get playtime in the offense after having a good close to the season last year.

5. **Buffalo Bills (from Tampa Bay)** - Matt Kalil, OT
The Bills move up and fill their biggest need.

6. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - Justin Blackmon, WR

Couldn't work out better for the Rams. They trade back, pick up more picks, and still get the guy they would have wanted at #2.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Melvin Ingram, DE
The Jags woud ideally love to trade down but, no buyers come since they know Miami will not be taking anyone except Tannehill. The Jags decision could come down to Gilmore vs. Ingram with Floyd as a possibility. With Kampman aging, I would go Ingram.

8. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, QB

The Dolphins assumed they had a shot at Peyton Manning or at least Flynn this offseason. They will not assume tomorrow night. They take their QB.

9. Carolina Panthers - Fletcher Cox, DT

The Panthers did a lot of work last season to keep their young, talented front 7. They look to upgrade in that department again.

10. **Tampa Bay Buccaneers (From Buffalo)** - Stephon Gilmore, CB
The Bucs trade down after missing out on Their top 2 prospects and have their choice of the 2nd best OT or CB. They choose the latter.

11. Kansas City Chiefs - Chandler Jones, OLB

The Chiefs beef up their LB Core by picking another great 3-4 OLB to help out Tamba Hali.

12. **Cincinnatti Bengals (from Seattle)** - Mark Barron, SS
The Bengals have 2 firsts so they decide to be aggressive and move up for a player they covet who happens to be flying up draft boards.

13. Arizona Cardinals - Malcolm Floyd, WR

The Cards have downplayed Fitz's request but, they would love to land the WR who is in the same mold as the departed Anquan Boldin.

14. Dallas Cowboys - Michael Brockers, DE

This is a pick that I previously had as a corner. Upon request I have changed it to a 3-4 DE.

15. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Kuechly, LB
The Eagles can go from one of the worst LB cores in the league to one of the best with 2 picks. Kuechly here and their 4th rounder Mr. Ryans.

16. New York Jets - Courtney Upshaw, OLB

They miss out on their safety so they look to help their secondary in another way...by providing pressure. Upshaw should help improve the pass rush and allow the Jets to get back to their blitzing ways.

17. **Seattle Seahawks (From Cincinnati)** - Quinton Coples, DE

The seahawks look to upgrade their pass rush to help out their good, young secondary.

18. San Diego Chargers - David DeCastro, OG
The Chargers get one of the most NFL ready players in the draft to replace Deilman immediately.

19. Chicago Bears - Riley Reiff, OT/OG
The Bears continue to improve their line and get the 2nd rated OT to pair with Carimi.

20. Tennessee Titans - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB

They lost Finnegan and also have an unknown at the S position which Kirkpatrick may see some action at.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Cordy Glenn, G/T
Glenn gives the Bengals a much needed interior lineman and also provides them insurance with his versatility in case Smith decides to gorge over the offseason.

22. Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta) - Stephen Hill, WR
The Browns keep improving their offense by adding this tall, fast WR.

23. Detroit Lions - Johnathan Martin, LT

The Lions have a need at left tackle and they take Martin in order to fill that need. Some say he is more suited for RT than LT but, he protected Luck's blindside and the Lions would like to keep Stafford healthy again.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dont'a Hightower, LB

The Steelers aren't really a team that draft "projects" in the first round, possibly explaining why they have hit on so many 1st rounders. Therefore, I don't see Poe going here. Farrior is gone, Foote is on the wrong side of 30 and Sylvester is unproven. Hightower is a hard hitter who always finds himself in the backfield and can cover as well. A Perfect match.

25. Denver Broncos - Rueben Randle, WR
The Broncos get a WR for Peyton. Wright's 40 time hurt him and the Broncos go for the fast SEC product instead.

26. Houston Texans - Dontari Poe, DT/DE

The Texans continue to give Phillips weapons for his vaunted defense. WR is an option here but, I don't see them reaching.

27. New England Patriots (From New Orleans) - Whitney Mercilus, OLB

The Patriots are not sure how Mercilus fell to them but, they will get their card to the commish quickly.

28. Green Bay Packers - Harrison Smith, S
The Packers suddenly have a hole at S with Nick Collins career in jeopardy.

29. **Indianapolis Colts (from Baltimore)** - Coby Fleener, TE

With this pick the Colts get Luck not only a safety net but, a familiar one in his college teammate. The Colts think this is a no brainer and jump back into the first to make sure it happens.

30. San Francisco - Janoris Jenkins, CB
Harbaugh takes a chance on Jenkins due to lack of depth in the secondary. This pick has a ton of potential. If he keeps his head on straight, the 9ers can be the best defense for years to come.

31. New England Patriots - Devon Still, DT/DE
The Patriots look again to improve their horrid defense. No corners or safeties are rated high enough for them here and the phone is silent. If it rings, expect a trade.

32. New York Giants - Lamar Miller, RB
The Gmen have gotten used to a by committee back field. And with all the injuries that Bradshaw received last year, and the loss of Jacobs, I can see this being the pick. They may pick David Wilson but, Miller has great potential posting a great 40 time while having power back size.
"Everybody (says), 'Well, he hits guys when they're not looking. Well, should I tap on your shoulder and say, 'Here I come, hit me?' At the end of the day, I just play football the way it should be played."

Hines Ward #86
zacapr22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals will likely not trade up at all early for a player that is just suddenly considered a top 15 pick. Glenn is now unlikely so we would probably take a CB, WR, or DE there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated 1st round mock with a few trades by Dash Reply with quote

aldashex86 wrote:
5. **Buffalo Bills (from Tampa Bay)** - Matt Kalil, OT
The Bills move up and fill their biggest need.

I like it, but Nix won't trade up.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good analysis. You hit the points and I like Kirkpatrick but I prefer Devon Still.
aldashex86

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated 1st round mock with a few trades by Dash Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/report-bills-want-to-trade-up-for-matt-kalil/
"Everybody (says), 'Well, he hits guys when they're not looking. Well, should I tap on your shoulder and say, 'Here I come, hit me?' At the end of the day, I just play football the way it should be played."

Hines Ward #86
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated 1st round mock with a few trades by Dash Reply with quote

aldashex86 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/report-bills-want-to-trade-up-for-matt-kalil/

Yeah, I've seen this... along with many other reports over the last week, including "Bills extremely interested in Barron" and "Bills want Gilmore."

Buffalo trading up would be extremely uncharacteristic of Nix.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bengals trade up and still pass on DeCastro? Any mock having Cincinnati trading up is completely unrealistic. If it happens, I'd be pretty surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDC to Dallas x100 over the average Brockers..
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Updated 1st round mock with a few trades by Dash Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
aldashex86 wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:

Yeah, I've seen this... along with many other reports over the last week, including "Bills extremely interested in Barron" and "Bills want Gilmore."

Buffalo trading up would be extremely uncharacteristic of Nix.

Recap of Bills rumors from the last seven days:

"Reported Interest in Defenders 'Total BS'"
"Matt Kalil A Trade-Up Target"
"Bills 'Extremely Interested' In Mark Barron"
"Casserly Says Buffalo Targeting Ryan Tannehill"
"Team High On Mark Barron, Stephon Gilmore"
"Bills Seeking Trade Down"

Certainly anything could happen, but trading up would be the least likely.
aldashex86

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waremd wrote:
DDC to Dallas x100 over the average Brockers..

I concur. As I said though, in my last draft I was told Brockers.

Hines Ward #86
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAD.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
The Bengals trade up and still pass on DeCastro? Any mock having Cincinnati trading up is completely unrealistic. If it happens, I'd be pretty surprised.

Completely agree

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: