Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan4lyf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Final Mock Draft Reply with quote

1st Round Pick- Trade for our #5 pick to Buffalo in exchange for picks #10 and #41- LB Luke Kuechly Boston College
I believe the Vikings and Browns will mess up everything for the Bucs by taking our top 2 prospects Morris Claiborne and Trent Richardson. We make the trade and take Luke Kuechly to be our starting Mike backer and defensive QB of the future. He is a tackling machine (191 in 2011, 183 in 2010) and has great sideline to sideline speed (4.58 in the 40). He can shed blockers and is a 3 down LB. His pass coverage skills are phenomenal. He lets Foster go back to his correct LB position (Will) and will make everyone around him better.

2nd Round Pick # 36- CB Janoris Jenkins North Alabama
I know, he's had "off field issues" but what really was the problem? Marijuana? That is something that can be fixed, especially with the coaching staff that we have, Schiano will make sure he's not doing anything stupid. And he has great talent and in a division that has Brees and Ryan (not sold on Newton yet) and WR's like Colston, Roddy White, and Steve Smith, we need someone that can cover them while our D-line gets to the QB. I believe the greatest risk you take in life is the 1 you don't take, and just like last year we get a 1st round talent (Bowers) in the 2nd round and let Barber teach him everything from on the field to off the field.

2nd Round Pick #41- RB Lamar Miller UM
From all the picks in my Mock, this 1 is my favorite. We get a guy who is still very young and only played 1 full season in Miami. He has great speed (4.40 in the 40) and is stronger than alot of people give him credit for. He instantly becomes Blount's backup and now we have our own THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!

3rd Round Pick #68- FS George Iloka Boise State
We have a huge hole since we released T-Jack and no 1 on our team right now has a start at Safety except for Grimm. We all know Barber might transition to safety but he's 37 and we need someone to play along Grimm for years to come. Not only can he tackle and play good coverage, he has unbelievable length for his position (6'4) and we need someone that can keep up with all the great TE's in the NFC south (Graham, Gonzalez, Olson). This is a no brainer.

5th Round Pick #140- T.Y Hilton Florida International University
Now since our top needs have been addressed, we start taking BPA and its something we really lacked from the WR position, SPEED! I have seen him play personally (I am a student at FIU) and he is the real deal. At 1st we will use him for Special teams and maybe as a returner but with great coaching, he can be our future slot receiver.

6th Round Pick #174- TE Chase Ford UM
We grab another UM player that is a work in progress but can really be a steal in the draft in Chase Ford. At 6'7 255, he has the frame to become another Jimmy Graham. He has to work on his route running and blocking but will instantly be a huge red zone threat

7th Round pick #212- OT Andrew Datko FSU
Mark Dominik has always had luck finding players in the 7th and this could be another player that can work out for us. He was limited last season due to a shoulder injury but prior to that he started 40 games for FSU and has potential to at least be a serviceable back up.

Let me know what you guys think, good or bad lol. Cant wait till the DRAFT!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really hate jenkins and iloka. but kuechly and lamar miller cool. I'm just ready for the draft, tired of talkin Very Happy
KGBauer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. All of our main positions of need were addressed, and done in a very smart order. I like Iloka as guy to come in a challenge for a starting spot, and Miller would be Robin to Blount's Batman. Then for Jenkins, I do like the pick, but I wonder if maybe Lavonte David would be available there as well? Would not mind seeing Foster/Keuchly/David leading our defense.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
really hate jenkins and iloka. but kuechly and lamar miller cool. I'm just ready for the draft, tired of talkin Very Happy

Pretty much agreed with this 100%.

Jenkins is one hell of a talent, but he is a moron. Should be out of the league pretty quick. If the first 3 picks happen like that, this is the best case scenario I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get Kuechly if Richardson and Claiborne are gone. It fits a need and we get a really good player and an additional pick. I don't want to see us use the pick on Kalil or Blackmon(I could live with Kalil but I would be pissed if its Blackmon)

I actually really like Jenkins. I think he is going to be a steal. Many say he is better then Claiborne. He may not me as big but he can sure cover and is not afraid to make a hit. I don't think the concerns are that bad. He smoked weed and has a few baby mamas. Best corner available anda steal.

I like the Lamar Miller pick. If we miss out on Richardson I really hope we can get Martin. I dont think he will be there when we pick though and Miller is my third rated back. Im glad you have us picking him over Wilson. Adds that much needed speed to the team and he is a threat to go the distance everytime he touches the ball.

Im not a fan of Iloka. He is a big safety 6'4 225 but he doesnt play like it. The tape of him I have watched he looks soft. You say he is good in coverage but the tape I saw he looked out of position and has never had an interception. Looks stiff to me. I would rather take a SS like Guy in the 7th this year and have him compete with all the others. Ronde will be a starter of course. Next year take a guy like Robert Lester or Eric Reid if he declares.

Datko in the 7th could be a steal as well. The guy was once viewed as a 1st maybe 2nd round prospect. Has battled a nagging shoulder injury so if he can get healthy he could be solid depth and even challenge Trueblood.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
I would love to get Kuechly if Richardson and Claiborne are gone. It fits a need and we get a really good player and an additional pick. I don't want to see us use the pick on Kalil or Blackmon(I could live with Kalil but I would be pissed if its Blackmon)

I actually really like Jenkins. I think he is going to be a steal. Many say he is better then Claiborne. He may not me as big but he can sure cover and is not afraid to make a hit. I don't think the concerns are that bad. He smoked weed and has a few baby mamas. Best corner available anda steal.

I like the Lamar Miller pick. If we miss out on Richardson I really hope we can get Martin. I dont think he will be there when we pick though and Miller is my third rated back. Im glad you have us picking him over Wilson. Adds that much needed speed to the team and he is a threat to go the distance everytime he touches the ball.

Im not a fan of Iloka. He is a big safety 6'4 225 but he doesnt play like it. The tape of him I have watched he looks soft. You say he is good in coverage but the tape I saw he looked out of position and has never had an interception. Looks stiff to me. I would rather take a SS like Guy in the 7th this year and have him compete with all the others. Ronde will be a starter of course. Next year take a guy like Robert Lester or Eric Reid if he declares.

Datko in the 7th could be a steal as well. The guy was once viewed as a 1st maybe 2nd round prospect. Has battled a nagging shoulder injury so if he can get healthy he could be solid depth and even challenge Trueblood.

Thanks for the input. If our draft ended like this I would be Psyched as we drafted 3-4 new starters in 1 draft. Kuechly can probably win defensive rookie of the year, I'm that much of a fan of him. He doesn't make the "splash plays" but he is what we need in a MLB, smart, tough and a hell of a tackler.
Glad me and you agree on Jenkins. He could be the steal of the 2nd round, his talent is too good to pass up.
Lamar milller has always been my 2nd favorite back behind Richardson, idk why but I just think with the offensive line that we have and the weapons around him, he could be a pro bowl player in the future.
Alot of people have been saying negative things about Iloka, i like him in the 3rd round because he's good at coverage and he could match up against TE's. Tackling can be taught.
I'm rooting for Darko to be selected by us, he could be our future RT but for now gives up depth and gives him time to get stronger and learn how to play.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan4lyf wrote:

Thanks for the input. If our draft ended like this I would be Psyched as we drafted 3-4 new starters in 1 draft. Kuechly can probably win defensive rookie of the year, I'm that much of a fan of him. He doesn't make the "splash plays" but he is what we need in a MLB, smart, tough and a hell of a tackler.
Glad me and you agree on Jenkins. He could be the steal of the 2nd round, his talent is too good to pass up.
Lamar milller has always been my 2nd favorite back behind Richardson, idk why but I just think with the offensive line that we have and the weapons around him, he could be a pro bowl player in the future.
Alot of people have been saying negative things about Iloka, i like him in the 3rd round because he's good at coverage and he could match up against TE's. Tackling can be taught.
I'm rooting for Darko to be selected by us, he could be our future RT but for now gives up depth and gives him time to get stronger and learn how to play.

Tackling may be able to be taught but toughness can't. The tape I watched on him I wasn't impressed. Im just not sold on Iloka but thats me. Im an FSU fan and Datko is a guy I really like. Could be a solid starter on the right side. If only he can get that shoulder healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great draft...I love Miller but honestly it would depend on who is still on the board at the time.

I know people don't want Jenkins- but he's a better lockdown corner than Claiborne and doesn't mind making tackles. Schiano seems like a no nonsense guy so I think the pick would be a HUGE steal.
bucsfan4lyf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
bucsfan4lyf wrote:

Tackling may be able to be taught but toughness can't. The tape I watched on him I wasn't impressed. Im just not sold on Iloka but thats me. Im an FSU fan and Datko is a guy I really like. Could be a solid starter on the right side. If only he can get that shoulder healthy.

I get what your saying, people automatically think of sabby when it comes to him but I think he could be a good player for us, IMO. If we don't take him, what safety would you suggest we take instead in the 3rd?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan4lyf wrote:
youngbuc20 wrote:
bucsfan4lyf wrote:

I get what your saying, people automatically think of sabby when it comes to him but I think he could be a good player for us, IMO. If we don't take him, what safety would you suggest we take instead in the 3rd?

Well me personally don't want to go safety that high. I know it may be a need but the class is just so weak this year. I don't want to reach and take one because we NEED one. Next year the class is alot better and like I said I would rather just wait. Next year has guys like Lester, Rambo, Telemaque, McDonald, Armstrong, and maybe even Reid if he declares. I would rather take Winston Guy in the 7th who will compete at the SS position and add some quality depth. Also could become a very solid starter in the next year or two.

However if we were to take a safety in the third this year I hope Harrison Smith is still there but since this class is so weak he will likley be selected by the time the third round comes. I would rather take Brandon Taylor over George Iloka.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: