Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs contacted Minnesota to move up to 3?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youngbuc20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind trading up for Richardson. I wouldn't want to give up a 2nd though but Im fine doing it for a 3rd.

Trade down in the second and get a Janoris Jenkins/Brandon Boykin/Josh Robinson and get a third back.

Dom would be considered a Genius!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think that we will trade up but I would be ecstatic if we did. And I bought the what the Vikes were sellin for a few hours yesterday but there is no way they could pass on Kalil. Either way I see us getting Claiborne or Richardson like we have thought all along. But I hope we trade up and get Richardson.
sandman2300

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with quantity over quality. 1. I truly believe you can get quality NFL players at least rounds 1-4. and 2. I am for taking a top 5 talent with a top 5 pick- so I'm fine with Kalil, Claiborne (even though he's wayyyy overrated), and TRich-

You're going to get an elite player at 5- take him and snag another very good player in the 2nd that can instantly start for us.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should call minnesota's bluff and stay put. If they really wanted Claiborne, they will pick him. I'm not sure how much sense it would make to say they really like claiborne enough to take him with the 3rd overall pick, yet are willing to trade out of the pick to select someone else
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I think we should call minnesota's bluff and stay put. If they really wanted Claiborne, they will pick him. I'm not sure how much sense it would make to say they really like claiborne enough to take him with the 3rd overall pick, yet are willing to trade out of the pick to select someone else

Its apparent that MN likes Kalil, Blackmon and Claiborne and would be happy with any of the three, atleast that is the speculation. If they can get to five, and get extra picks, i think that is what they would consider ideal as they can still get one of their targets. I truly think MN isnt zeroed in on one player. I think they like what all three offer to the team. Give Ponder a possible #1 target, give Ponder a franchise LT, or get a shutdown CB in a division full of high flying offenses. I truly think MN would take either one of the three, so trying to sell that they really like one (Claiborne) is likely to increase the chance of Tampa making a move. I dont think they gain much by saying they are enamored with Kalil as not many teams are in a position to trade up for a LT.
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were the Buccaneers, I would make sure to get Richardson without a doubt.

Look where most of your money is invested on offense. You have to of the highest paid OGs in the NFL, both of which are dominant run blockers. Donald Penn also makes a lot and Zuttah just got resigned. That pretty much gives you guys a big, powerful line to run behind. Yes, a decent RB should be good behind that line. But why not maximize that lines run blocking potential by adding a star power runner? With that type of runner and line, you would be able to control the clock. Keep your defense off the field. Slowly move the chains and literally wear out the defense. And then use Vincent Jackson on deep play action routes which would fit well for him as a deep ball threat.

I just feel Richardson makes this offense MUCH, MUCH better and is a MUCH better fit for this team in general in comparison to any of the other top prospects.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As the draft draws closer, the rumors heat up. The latest, through Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly, is that the Buffalo Bills have inquired about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' first-round pick. The Bills are looking for a left tackle after losing Demetress Bell to the Philadelphia Eagles this year, and Matt Kalil is the best left tackle in the draft. If he were to fall to the Bucs, which is likely if the Minnesota Vikings pass on him in favor of cornerback Morris Claiborne, the Bills could try to trade for the Buccaneers' first-round pick. And according to Nawrocki, the Buffalo Bills have offered the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a second-round pick in case that happens.

If I'm the Buccaneers, I jump on the opportunity to add an early second-round pick while trading back to a spot where I'll still be able to draft a really good prospect. Safety Mark Barron, cornerback Stephon Gilmore and linebacker Luke Kuechly would all likely be available at the Buffalo Bills' first-round pick, which is tenth overall. Mark Dominik has made it clear that he wants to trade back in the first round. An earlier report suggested that the Bucs could find a trade partner in a team looking to draft DT Fletcher Cox.

Of course, the Buccaneers may prefer to draft an elite talent with the fifth overall pick. Although Nawrocki notes that the Bills would like to trade up for Kalil, he also has Trent Richardson falling to the Buccaneers - and they may not want to pass up the opportunity to draft the every-down back out of Alabama.
http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/4/26/...bills-trade-up
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh uh. I don't like it. Gimme Claiborne at five and let's keep our second round pick.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
As the draft draws closer, the rumors heat up. The latest, through Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly, is that the Buffalo Bills have inquired about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' first-round pick. The Bills are looking for a left tackle after losing Demetress Bell to the Philadelphia Eagles this year, and Matt Kalil is the best left tackle in the draft. If he were to fall to the Bucs, which is likely if the Minnesota Vikings pass on him in favor of cornerback Morris Claiborne, the Bills could try to trade for the Buccaneers' first-round pick. And according to Nawrocki, the Buffalo Bills have offered the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a second-round pick in case that happens.

If I'm the Buccaneers, I jump on the opportunity to add an early second-round pick while trading back to a spot where I'll still be able to draft a really good prospect. Safety Mark Barron, cornerback Stephon Gilmore and linebacker Luke Kuechly would all likely be available at the Buffalo Bills' first-round pick, which is tenth overall. Mark Dominik has made it clear that he wants to trade back in the first round. An earlier report suggested that the Bucs could find a trade partner in a team looking to draft DT Fletcher Cox.

Of course, the Buccaneers may prefer to draft an elite talent with the fifth overall pick. Although Nawrocki notes that the Bills would like to trade up for Kalil, he also has Trent Richardson falling to the Buccaneers - and they may not want to pass up the opportunity to draft the every-down back out of Alabama.
http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/4/26/...bills-trade-up
This is exactly why we should stay pat. We could add more picks and still grab a playmaker. Luke Kuechly at #10 and still have two 2nd round picks, a third, and a 4th.

On another note, Richardson is in my opinion a special talent so I can't complain if we trade up.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn buffalo tryna get real. Mario,cox,dareus? I gotta respect it.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
I wouldn't mind trading up for Richardson. I wouldn't want to give up a 2nd though but Im fine doing it for a 3rd.

Trade down in the second and get a Janoris Jenkins/Brandon Boykin/Josh Robinson and get a third back.

Dom would be considered a Genius!

I completely agree with this and definitely think that it would be in the mind of Dom to do. Drop down toward the mid - bottom of the 2nd and we will get someone good while getting our 3rd back. Also, I would trade a 3rd this year and a 3rd or 2nd next year if that is what had to be done to get Richardson. I feel that we will be much improved after this season and having that 2nd or 3rd pick next year wont be as curtail.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we trade up! Think of all the players we have missed on by staying put! Calvin Johnson, SUH etc......
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7461/morris-claiborne

Quote:
According to NFL Network's Mike Lombardi, the Vikings "seem focused" on Morris Claiborne over Matt Kalil at the No. 3 pick, and plan to target left tackles at the top of the second round.

Damn I love the chess game!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
According to NFL Network's Mike Lombardi, the Vikings "seem focused" on Morris Claiborne over Matt Kalil at the No. 3 pick, and plan to target left tackles at the top of the second round.

Interesting because if the Browns don't have Richardson drop at 4, they will likely take Claiborne because he is next best player available. I'm sure the Vikings have already been informed as much.

If the Vikings choose to trade down a few slots to Tampa, they will not likely be getting Claiborne. Heck, if the Vikings trade down to Tampa, the Browns will be just as likely to also trade down and let another team get that CB.

Skipping over sleeper43 posts since 4/19/09
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

No doubt! Im so excited for tonight. Really hope we dont get really disappointed. Anxious I think our 3rd this and next year should be plenty for us to trade up and select Richardson. Vikings will still get an elite talent of their choice. Also, I like the idea of trading down in the 2nd and picking our 3rd back up. All this could be very possible. I think thats best case scenario for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: