Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Seahawks GM Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Draft Grade
A
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
C
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
D
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
pjhdsn


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 698
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: My Seahawks GM Mock Reply with quote

I took the Seahawks for a GM mock, unlike a few guys who will destroy their whole roster I kept things simpler. Its not the sexiest draft in the world, and I am also not a Seahawks fan but give me any thoughts or advice on things that went well and didnt go well. I tried hard to trade out of 12, and really only had two unsatisfactory options; 17 and a 3rd from Cincinnati and 32,64 and osi umenyiora. They did not flex at all from these offers. So realistically trading down was not an option. I have the link to the overall draft below so you can see who was available at my picks. Also I did not know about Dennards arrest when I took him, I would have taken a long hard look at Juron Criner in that case.

Draft Picks:
1-12: T Riley Reiff Iowa
3-75: CB Alfonzo Dennard Nebraska
4-106: DE/OLB Jonathan Massaquoi Troy
5-156: QB Ryan Lindley San Diego St
6-181: RB Tauren Poole Tennessee
7-225: WR Rishard Matthews Nevada

Trades:
Traded Tavaris Jackson to New Orleans for pick #156
Traded #43 to Pittsburgh for Lawrence Timmons

Link to the Draft thread:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=487681&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOsprey


Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 7919
Location: In a van, down by the river.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't there an option for an F grade? A Tackle in the first? That's not an option at all. We are set with Okung and Giacomini.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21260
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Why isn't there an option for an F grade? A Tackle in the first? That's not an option at all. We are set with Okung and Giacomini.
Reiff, could certainly play G, but then you're either resigning to the fact that either Moffitt, Carp, or Gicomini isn't going to start.
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hawkman98272


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 18771
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Why isn't there an option for an F grade? A Tackle in the first? That's not an option at all. We are set with Okung and Giacomini.
Because no matter who he took, he got rid of Jackson.
_________________

Kempes

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjhdsn


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 698
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Why isn't there an option for an F grade? A Tackle in the first? That's not an option at all. We are set with Okung and Giacomini.


Thought I added one. I read up a bit and you are the FIRST to say they are set with Giacomini. and Okung has already missed 8 games in his first two seasons. So who would have been "options"? you can say things suck but generally its a good idea to say why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3908
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather trade back then take Reiff only guy i would take there at 12 at O-Line is Decastro and he is gone.

(Obviously Kalil is most likely going to be gone so i didn't include him.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjhdsn


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 698
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
I would rather trade back then take Reiff only guy i would take there at 12 at O-Line is Decastro and he is gone.

(Obviously Kalil is most likely going to be gone so i didn't include him.)


To 17? Reiff would have been gone by 14. He was identified as the second target behind DeCastro there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3908
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjhdsn wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
I would rather trade back then take Reiff only guy i would take there at 12 at O-Line is Decastro and he is gone.

(Obviously Kalil is most likely going to be gone so i didn't include him.)


To 17? Reiff would have been gone by 14. He was identified as the second target behind DeCastro there.


Don't really want Reiff i would have gone Nick Perry after trading back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjhdsn


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 698
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
pjhdsn wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
I would rather trade back then take Reiff only guy i would take there at 12 at O-Line is Decastro and he is gone.

(Obviously Kalil is most likely going to be gone so i didn't include him.)


To 17? Reiff would have been gone by 14. He was identified as the second target behind DeCastro there.


Don't really want Reiff i would have gone Nick Perry after trading back.


Nick Perry is extremely overrated, not worth a first round pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really believe Reiff will be a fringe 1st round pick20-35 is my range much like former Iowa OT Bulaga.
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOsprey


Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 7919
Location: In a van, down by the river.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our biggest need is SLB and that wasn't even addressed, unless Massaquoi was drafted with the intent to play there. If he is, we'd still need a DE, to play opposite Clemens on passing downs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjhdsn


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 698
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Our biggest need is SLB and that wasn't even addressed, unless Massaquoi was drafted with the intent to play there. If he is, we'd still need a DE, to play opposite Clemens on passing downs.


Timmons was acquired to play the middle, KJ Wright is moving outside other than that it would have been a huge reach to acquire a third OLB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOsprey


Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 7919
Location: In a van, down by the river.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjhdsn wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Our biggest need is SLB and that wasn't even addressed, unless Massaquoi was drafted with the intent to play there. If he is, we'd still need a DE, to play opposite Clemens on passing downs.


Timmons was acquired to play the middle, KJ Wright is moving outside other than that it would have been a huge reach to acquire a third OLB.



Wright is not the pass rushing SLB we need. He needs to be in the middle or on the weakside and it appears that the coaching staff doesn't want him playing WLB. that is why he must move to the middle, where he excels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjhdsn


Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 698
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
pjhdsn wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Our biggest need is SLB and that wasn't even addressed, unless Massaquoi was drafted with the intent to play there. If he is, we'd still need a DE, to play opposite Clemens on passing downs.


Timmons was acquired to play the middle, KJ Wright is moving outside other than that it would have been a huge reach to acquire a third OLB.



Wright is not the pass rushing SLB we need. He needs to be in the middle or on the weakside and it appears that the coaching staff doesn't want him playing WLB. that is why he must move to the middle, where he excels.


well either way, i opted not to reach for need in the draft. Opting for value throughout. Obviously youre the type who at all costs would go for need. More than one way to skin a cat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21260
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjhdsn wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
pjhdsn wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Our biggest need is SLB and that wasn't even addressed, unless Massaquoi was drafted with the intent to play there. If he is, we'd still need a DE, to play opposite Clemens on passing downs.


Timmons was acquired to play the middle, KJ Wright is moving outside other than that it would have been a huge reach to acquire a third OLB.



Wright is not the pass rushing SLB we need. He needs to be in the middle or on the weakside and it appears that the coaching staff doesn't want him playing WLB. that is why he must move to the middle, where he excels.


well either way, i opted not to reach for need in the draft. Opting for value throughout. Obviously youre the type who at all costs would go for need. More than one way to skin a cat.
I like the trade for Timmons.
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group