Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers release Safety Nick Collins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38496
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Packers release Safety Nick Collins Reply with quote

Quote:
The #Pachkers have told S Nick Collins that he will be released, according to a source.


http://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/statuses/195165600488763392

Collins suffered a terrible neck injury last season and his season ended after 2 games, his release likely means the Packers don't trust him to be able to keep playing.

If it is the end, Collins had a very good career that included in a pick-six in Superbowl 45.


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eusebio13


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 60
Location: London UK
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Packers release Safety Nick Collins Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
The #Pachkers have told S Nick Collins that he will be released, according to a source.


http://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/statuses/195165600488763392


Very sad if true....wish him well and thank him for his contribution
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Green


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 1544
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote




_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7103
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late on the draw billy.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 38496
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Late on the draw billy.


Well my thread was posted first...
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7103
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Late on the draw billy.


Well my thread was posted first...


Woops. For some reason I didn't see this thread and only saw Bobby Sacs when I refreshed. Guess I was wrong. Good work.
_________________


stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo25


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 6049
Location: packerbacker87 on the avy!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this ruins my day. Hopefully he does play well for another team. Looks like we will be going safety early.
_________________

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mattwaukee


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3696
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS THE WORST DAY OF MY PACKER FAN LIFE!!!!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csraverage


Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Posts: 198
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess Mac-Man is man of his word, so I can respect this decision...I hate it....but I respect it. McCarthy said that if he were his son, that he would not let him play.

I think it has less to do with them not being able to trust Collins in producing, more so than them leaving the fate of Collins up to Nick Collins himself.

Again, not official (per source) but seems logical.
_________________


"We don't need luck, Jay will throw us the ball."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
{Family Ghost}


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 1249
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad .. I was hoping he'd be able to return to the Packers, but deep down I knew the Packers wouldn't be signing off on letting him return to the field. The Packers are the most conservative team in the NFL when it comes to injuries, and once again this proves it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramonesfan


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 1618
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Packers are going to be looked at as being heartless once again, with the whole Favre situation and now this.

I see the Packers organization as being the exact opposite of heartless and find it refreshing that a team is looking out for the safety and well being of one of it's players. I hope and pray that Nick takes this release as an eye opener that it is too risky to put his future on the line and takes the next step into coaching.

Sucks for the Packers as a team, but I'm proud of the organization for coming to this decision. The Players ability to lead a healthy life > The team. Not many teams would be willing to do that.

God bless you Nick in your future endeavors which hopefully includes coaching for the Green and Gold.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobSacamano


Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 13148
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Looks like the Packers are going to be looked at as being heartless once again, with the whole Favre situation and now this.

I see the Packers organization as being the exact opposite of heartless and find it refreshing that a team is looking out for the safety and well being of one of it's players. I hope and pray that Nick takes this release as an eye opener that it is too risky to put his future on the line and takes the next step into coaching.

Sucks for the Packers as a team, but I'm proud of the organization for coming to this decision. The Players ability to lead a healthy life > The team. Not many teams would be willing to do that.

God bless you Nick in your future endeavors which hopefully includes coaching for the Green and Gold.


What? I think you said it best in the next paragraph. They're considering Collins life outside of football, which is exactly the opposite. I think almost everyone can see that.
_________________


KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2630
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tells me the March date on when Collins said his future would be decided did not go well. My guess is the reason for the delay in Collins making the decision is that the doctors would not clear him in March, so he is trying to find other opinions or he is trying to come to grips that his career is over. What a shame for the Packers and for Nick Collins and his family. I wish him well.

Now what does that do for the draft - saftey in the early rounds of course - but the Packers will either go with Peprah as the starter or try to find another veteran safety better than Peprah. Relying on a rookie to come in and start day 1 is extremely risky and I doubt the Packers will even consider that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ramonesfan


Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 1618
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
Looks like the Packers are going to be looked at as being heartless once again, with the whole Favre situation and now this.

I see the Packers organization as being the exact opposite of heartless and find it refreshing that a team is looking out for the safety and well being of one of it's players. I hope and pray that Nick takes this release as an eye opener that it is too risky to put his future on the line and takes the next step into coaching.

Sucks for the Packers as a team, but I'm proud of the organization for coming to this decision. The Players ability to lead a healthy life > The team. Not many teams would be willing to do that.

God bless you Nick in your future endeavors which hopefully includes coaching for the Green and Gold.


What? I think you said it best in the next paragraph. They're considering Collins life outside of football, which is exactly the opposite. I think almost everyone can see that.
You would think that, but I've seen a couple of tweets already that trashed the Packers organization for continuing to show themselves as the most heartless organization in the NFL. Pissed me right off.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo25


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 6049
Location: packerbacker87 on the avy!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
Looks like the Packers are going to be looked at as being heartless once again, with the whole Favre situation and now this.

I see the Packers organization as being the exact opposite of heartless and find it refreshing that a team is looking out for the safety and well being of one of it's players. I hope and pray that Nick takes this release as an eye opener that it is too risky to put his future on the line and takes the next step into coaching.

Sucks for the Packers as a team, but I'm proud of the organization for coming to this decision. The Players ability to lead a healthy life > The team. Not many teams would be willing to do that.

God bless you Nick in your future endeavors which hopefully includes coaching for the Green and Gold.

Theres no way we are being looked at as heartless on this. The guy suffered a big injury to his neck, and we are making sure it doesnt get worse. We are looking out for him. He got a big contract too, so hes set. If he signs with another team, I hope he returns to his old self.
_________________

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group