Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers release Safety Nick Collins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dude that died because of dehydration at Viking's camp?

Stinger, I think, too lazy to look it up
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Vikings care about protecting their players from dying on the field. Let's stop that, please.

I thought Collins was going to legitimately pursue a career in track.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying they don't, I'm just saying that there's a case that could be made with the assembled string of unfortunate coincidences. That's all I think it is, but attacking the guy as though there was no evidence is bluntly wrong.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
It's been over 10 months, but nice try. Like I said both Peterson and Griffin were under 9. Plus bringing him back for training camp at 10 months is a quite a bit different than into an NFL regular season game at around 9 months.

Alex Green was playing in live action after less than 9 months from his surgery.

If Adrian Peterson misses week 1 and starts week 2, he'll be less than 2 weeks off of Alex Green's schedule.

You're being absurd.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
It's been over 10 months, but nice try. Like I said both Peterson and Griffin were under 9. Plus bringing him back for training camp at 10 months is a quite a bit different than into an NFL regular season game at around 9 months.

Alex Green was playing in live action after less than 9 months from his surgery.

If Adrian Peterson misses week 1 and starts week 2, he'll be less than 2 weeks off of Alex Green's schedule.

You're being absurd.
And IIRC Peterson had an ACL/MCL like Quarless. And Green just had an ACL, so it should be a little longer recovory time for guys with multiple tears.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
And IIRC Peterson had an ACL/MCL like Quarless. And Green just had an ACL, so it should be a little longer recovory time for guys with multiple tears.

Is this your medical opinion? Laughing

A partially torn MCL will heal itself in a matter of weeks and has zero impact on recovering from an ACL tear.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

A partially torn MCL will heal itself in a matter of weeks and has zero impact on recovering from an ACL tear.
And Peterson and Quarless both had complete MCL tears. The injury is worse if its multiple tears. So why dont we compare apples to apples? Both Peterson and Quarless had ACL/MCL knee injuries. Peterson was on 12-24-2011, Quarless on 12-4-2011. Peterson is looking like he will play week 1 and has already been in practice. Quarless was put on the PUP even though he could jog on the field and run up a hill like Peterson, and Quarless will not see the field until atleast Week 6. Peterson was take off the PUP list on 8-12-12 Quarless will come off 10-14-12, thats almost 12 whole weeks of extra recovory time from injury to a NFL field.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Doesn't pertain to this exactly, but what knee ligaments need surgery to repair and what's the timetable for return with them?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people can recover from the same injury faster than others. AP is a freak. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a super fast healer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Doesn't pertain to this exactly, but what knee ligaments need surgery to repair and what's the timetable for return with them?

It completely depends on the degree of the tear, and the individual. There is no real hard timetable for that sort of thing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
Some people can recover from the same injury faster than others. AP is a freak. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a super fast healer.
He is a great athlete, but so is just about everybody who plays in the NFL. Do you honestly think that he can recover from the same injury 12 weeks faster than Andrew Quarless? I have my doubts. Plus if he is such a recovery freak, why did he miss almost a month with an ankle sprain? Seems rather average if you ask me, if he came back the next week I'd believe the claim of him being some kind super human at recovering from injuries, but he didn't.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
He is a great athlete, but so is just about everybody who plays in the NFL. Do you honestly think that he can recover from the same injury 12 weeks faster than Andrew Quarless? I have my doubts. Plus if he is such a recovery freak, why did he miss almost a month with an ankle sprain? Seems rather average if you ask me, if he came back the next week I'd believe the claim of him being some kind super human at recovering from injuries, but he didn't.

I don't know. I'm just saying some guys recover faster than others. I doubt he, or the Vikings, would put himself out there if he wasn't ready.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:

I don't know. I'm just saying some guys recover faster than others. I doubt he, or the Vikings, would put himself out there if he wasn't ready.
These guys are warriors, they dont know how to get out of their own way. They will play through almost anything, and the pressure is on the Vikings to sell tickets, if Adrian says he can go, I'm sure the Vikings are all for it. I was just sayin, they have a nice track record of playing people when they shouldn't. Like I said before, they aren't the only ones, look at what the Browns did to McCoy last year. Almost all of these guys have the same mindset, if they can get out of bed, they wanna play. Its up to the teams to protect the players frome themselves.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:

If he missed a month with an ankle sprain, it seems like the Vikings were being cautious with his injury and didn't want to rush him back.

#selfcontradictions
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:

If he missed a month with an ankle sprain, it seems like the Vikings were being cautious with his injury and didn't want to rush him back.

#selfcontradictions
What if they did rush him back and he wasn't healthy, and thats why he only got 22 carries in the 2 games following his ankle injury. They put him on a "pitch count" since he wasn't healthy but wanted to give people a reason to be excited about a Vikings game. But incog pleas address the initial points you are dodging, about the same injury yet the Packers are giving their player 12 more weeks to recover. Sure doesn't seem like the Vikings are being overly cautious with Peterson like the Packers are with Quarless.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: