You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Brooklyn Nets Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
I personally think it'd be:

PG: Lin / Johnson / LeVert
SG: Crabbe / Kilpatrick / Whitehead
SF: Hollis-Jefferson / Bogdanovic / Brown
PF: Booker /McCullough
C: Lopez / Hamilton

We're a little light on bigs but 1-3 would be so young and full of potential.
Not bad, will be watching for Rondae.

RHJ has so much potential. Defensively he is already so good.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
What's the deal with Allen Crabbe? Is he still scheduled to meet with the Nets July 5th?
Yes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Nets sign Crabbe, how would you view their offseason?
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
If the Heat don't match Johnson, then I say this is an A-graded offseason. This is exactly the type of off-season I wanted to happen.

Lin was my realistically #1 PG target. I loved his playoff run with Charlotte last year, as well as his familiarity with Atkinson.

I wanted Bazemore badlyyyy due to this familiarity with Kenny, as well as his trajectory heading straight up. I thought if Kenny could help teach him how to create his own shot, he can grow into a dark-horse all-star player in another two years. This along with his aforementioned familiarity with Kenny would allow him to grow as a leader.

We offered him a 4/$72M deal, but Bazemore elected to head back to Atlanta

Tyler Johnson, I feel like can develop into a very dangerous player, maybe a second option on a playoff team. What I like about him is his is grit, hard work, and his ability to create his own offense.

Getting players like Johnson and Crabbe also will give us so many different looks

Positions 1 to 3 would be loaded with actual potential and Atkinson will have a blast mixing and matching

Johnson is having a bad shooting day? Play Crabbe

Crabbe is having a bad shooting day? Ride out Johnson

Ride Kilpatrick

Hell, play Markel, ride Bogdanovic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:
If the Heat don't match Johnson, then I say this is an A-graded offseason. This is exactly the type of off-season I wanted to happen.

Lin was my realistically #1 PG target. I loved his playoff run with Charlotte last year, as well as his familiarity with Atkinson.

I wanted Bazemore badlyyyy due to this familiarity with Kenny, as well as his trajectory heading straight up. I thought if Kenny could help teach him how to create his own shot, he can grow into a dark-horse all-star player in another two years. This along with his aforementioned familiarity with Kenny would allow him to grow as a leader.

We offered him a 4/$72M deal, but Bazemore elected to head back to Atlanta

Tyler Johnson, I feel like can develop into a very dangerous player, maybe a second option on a playoff team. What I like about him is his is grit, hard work, and his ability to create his own offense.

Getting players like Johnson and Crabbe also will give us so many different looks

Positions 1 to 3 would be loaded with actual potential and Atkinson will have a blast mixing and matching

Johnson is having a bad shooting day? Play Crabbe

Crabbe is having a bad shooting day? Ride out Johnson

Ride Kilpatrick

Hell, play Markel, ride Bogdanovic

I like your enthusiasm about the FA brought in because I know little to nothing about them.

I'll piggy back off you and talk about the draft. I think LeVert was an excellent pick. He would've been a lottery pick if he wasn't hurt. From what I heard is that his foot problems was fixed where he shouldn't have those problems again. If he can stay healthy he has all the talent in the world to be very very good.

Whitehead was a solid second round pick. He is from Brooklyn so that will give him a boost to represent and play well. He help carry Seton Hall, yes I said Seton Hall to a conference title. The dude can ball. From where the Nets were picking I thought they nailed the pick.

I also liked the undrafted pickup of Yogi Farrell. I was shocked not to see him get drafted because he is very good. I hope he can stick on the team.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4rsvh9/id_like_to_take_a_moment_to_talk_about_why_kenny/)

Quote:
2012 was the start of when Atkinson was considered a breakout in player development. Jeremy Lin consistently credited Atkinson in part for his breakout period with the Knicks during the phenomena that was "Linsanity"....and still consistently does so. Upon Atkinson being hired by the Nets Lin commented, ""Iíve kind of been saying it was just a matter of time for him because I know how good he is, I know how much he was there for me in New York, When youíre around him, you kind of understand thereís something different about him: his energy, his passion, the juice he approaches his work with."

"He doesnít leave any stone unturned. Heís always the first one in, and Iím saying first one in by, like, hours."
In Hindsight, Lin to the Nets seems a bit obvious given his obvious appreciation for the work ethic of his former assistant coach.

In addition, 2012 being pretty much the only year that Steve Novak has ever been relevant coincides with Atkinson's increased role in player development during his Knicks tenure.

In 2013 he took his talents to the Atlanta Hawks, being hired on as part assistant coach, and partly as the head of player development. This was the first time where his strength of developing players was really recognized.

While with the Hawks he took Demarre Carroll, who was up until that point a 28.5% 3 point shooter and turned him into a bona-fide 3 and D player who shot nearly 40% from 3 on the year. He got paid.

In addition, Paul Millsap began rounding out his game in accordance with Atkinson's development program. He showed consistent improvement in every category during his time with the Hawks and developed a previously unseen 3 point-shot (Unless you were the Heat.). He got paid.

Al Horford, who up until last year had attempted a TOTAL 65 3 pointers in his career developed a 3 point shot at a 34.5% conversion rate. Some would claim this has hindered Horford's inside presence, but the fact is that he was never truly dominant inside, and this rounding of his game made him much more threatening when spacing the floor. He would have gotten paid regardless, but who's to say he would have gotten a max deal.
Kent Bazemore went from everyone's favorite high-energy bench cheerleader to a bona-fide starter on a playoff team. He improved his FT rate from a passable 60% to an astonishing 81.5% last season on roughly the same amount of attempts. You might be noticing a trend here because he too got paid.

In my mind, Kenny Atkinson is THE pick for COTY in the NBA, especially with the betting odds he'll likely be faced with to start the season. You have a player development coach who's GM's strategy has been to steal young talent from other teams and let Atkinson develop them. In addition, and I truly never thought I'd say this, but the Nets are becoming a sexy team for the media again. Between the possible resurgence of Linsanity, playing in Brooklyn, and the possibility of the Knicks returning to relevancy(Things are best when both NY teams are good tbh.) It wouldn't be shocking for the Nets to be THE surprise team this year in the East if they hit on ANY of the young talent that they've spent the offseason importing. (And are still in the process of acquiring.)
I honestly think they sneak in as the 8 seed and Atkinson walks away as COTY. Not like Kerr or Lue will win it regardless of how they perform this year.

Good read

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes people around the NBA react negatively because the Nets don't have draft picks for awhile. The draft is extremely important but the Nets have cap space and Brooklyn is an attractive market. The Nets can still acquire talent in FA. This offseason was about shedding those contracts to get that cap space and acquire young talent to help grow for the future. Next offseason the Nets should continue that but sooner rather than later they need to land a big fish on the market.

Next offseason, how about adding Blake Griffin? It's a long shot but if the Nets have the cap space and the Clippers don't win a title this season which could result in CP3 wanting to get traded maybe to Cleveland to play with LeBron or NY to play with Melo (assuming Rose don't pan out and don't return next season).
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highkey un-lit

Props El Ramster on the sig
Bianconero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Highkey un-lit
I hate the Heat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do yall think the depth chart is gonna look like, my guess would be:
PG: Lin, GV, Whitehead
SG: Foye, Kilpatrick, LeVert, Harris
SF: RHJ, Boggy
PF: Booker, Bennett, Scola
C: Lopez, McCullough, Hamilton

Mr.O

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do we still give Foye Minutes

Clutch5000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
why do we still give Foye Minutes

He should be getting 5-10 minutes a game max tbh.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of now I think the depth chart gonna be:

PG: DLo/Lin/SD
SG: Levert/Whitehead/Archie
SF: ????/McDaniels?/Harris
PF: RHJ/Booker/Nicholson
C: MozG0D/Allen/Hamilton

Obviously we're gonna go after KCP and Otto but could definitely see us targeting Gallo

Bianconero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:

Obviously we're gonna go after KCP and Otto but could definitely see us targeting Gallo
I really can't see Lin coming off the bench, but I could be wrong.

I think he'll start with D'Angelo in the back-court and they'll feed off of each other like Lin did with Kemba.

Quote:
1 - Jeremy Lin / Isaiah Whitehead / Spencer Dinwiddie
2 - D'Angelo Russell / Caris LeVert / Archie Goodwin

3 - Caris LeVert / Sean Kilpatrick / KJ McDaniels / Joe Harris
4 - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson / Trevor Booker / Andrew Nicholson
5 - Timofey Mozgov / Jarrett Allen / Justin Hamilton

I'm a bit worried about Hollis-Jefferson at the 4 without Brook. Rondae was so good at the 4 last year I think because of the spacing that Brook provided and Rondae could just bang in the pant and get those easy looks.

I also really like KJ McDaniels and hope we bring him back.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:

At least we have two competent PGs as opposed to last year where we had nothingness when Lin went down

Be Humble. Sit Down.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: