Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7: VIKINGS (4-2) vs Cardinals (4-2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Week 7: VIKINGS (4-2) vs Cardinals (4-2) Reply with quote

Game 7

vs
When: 1:00 PM EST October 21st
Where: Mall of America Field (Minneapolis, MN)
TV/Radio: Fox, DirecTV 705 (TV), KFAN 100.3, Sirius XM 112 (Radio)

TV Distribution Map: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk7.html

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Probable: DE Jared Allen (groin), S Robert Blanton (hamstring), RB Adrian Peterson (ankle), QB Christian Ponder (knee), WR Jerome Simpson (low back), CB Antoine Winfield (knee), Questionable: RB Matt Asiata (knee), LB Marvin Mitchell (calf), Doubtful: None, Out: S Mistral Raymond (ankle)

Cardinals - Probable: DT Darnell Dockett (hamstring), TE Jim Dray (knee), LB Quentin Groves (hamstring), LB Paris Lenon (knee), LB O'Brien Schofield (knee), OG Adam Snyder (elbow), Questionable: CB Michael Adams (hamstring), TE Todd Heap (knee), LB Reggie Walker (head), Doubtful: RB Anthony Sherman (knee), CB Gregory Toler (hamstring), Out: QB Kevin Kolb (ribs), S Kerry Rhodes (back)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Last edited by disaacs on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we want any chance at the playoffs this is a must win game at home.
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Vikings in this one. I think the offense will get going again and be able to control the clock. While the defense will pin their ears back and wreak havoc on the Cardinals and that horrid offensive line. I'm predicting 5 sacks by Minnesota, especially if Skelton plays.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things.
1. I REALLY want to run the ball. Almost to the fact that as long as we run I don't care if we win.

2. Anyone think POnder could really benefit from learning a no huddle offense?

Maybe not now but I think it would fit him a bit.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect MN to come back strong and win at home. Kevin Kolb is no RGII, they can beat up on a traditional pocket passer like him. I expect the Vikes Dline to dominate the Cards Oline and get to Kolb often. The Cards have no run game to speak of.

It should be a close game though and the offense will sputter as the Cards defense is legit.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is, when will we see Jarius Wright?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
My question is, when will we see Jarius Wright?

Why Stephen Burton continues to see the field and Jarius Wright never gets a chance is beyond me.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know - is he completely healthy yet? If he is, I'm confused... We need help at WR in the worst way, why not get him on the field...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy28 wrote:
Does anyone know - is he completely healthy yet? If he is, I'm confused... We need help at WR in the worst way, why not get him on the field...

Last week, Frazier was quoted as saying that Wright is completely healthy and him not playing has nothing to do with health. Perhaps he just isnt ready, we really cant see what happens in practice.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Sloppy28 wrote:

Last week, Frazier was quoted as saying that Wright is completely healthy and him not playing has nothing to do with health. Perhaps he just isnt ready, we really cant see what happens in practice.

This could be true, although I really liked what I saw from him in the preseason game. Maybe they were just trying to develop chemistry with Ponder and all the other receivers while JW was out and haven't moved him in to get reps yet?... All I know is I would like to at least see what he has to offer to us. Ponder needs a guy who can move around and get open, big body or not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Adrian is going to be the major key in this game. He has not scored in five games now this season and I really think that he is going to have a monster game. He still has yet to bust that "big run" for a touchdown and I think he is bound for one sooner or later.

I think that Ponder needs to be more accurate earlier in the game. In previous weeks it seemed like the vikes started off the game with a couple of quick hitches and slants to get Christian in a rhythm to start the game.

Like previous posters have said I would really like to see what Jarius Wright can do. We all know what we have in Jenkins and Aromashodu, and while they can be a 4th receiver it would be nice to see Wright develop and be on the field with Harvin and Simpson at the same time when he comes back.

Overall I think that the Vikes win this game handily. The Cards O-line sucks and I feel the line will be able to put enough pressure on Kolb/Skelton to cause a couple bad decisions.

Vikes 24
Cards 13

Vikings Dream Draft:
1. Mack/Mosley
2. Joyner
3. Mettenberger
3. Billy Turner
4. Justin Ellis
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, the only thing that really scares me is the vertical passing game. However, Kolb is no RG3. Neither is Skelton.

Also, we have that little thing called a home-field advantage.

Vikings win by 14.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as #1 receivers go, Fitzgerald is a better matchup for Cook. He isn't that fast and that benefits Cook, who lacks recovery speed.

I would be very disappointed if the Vikings didn't blitz more often than not. The Cards can't run the ball, and they should really be able to rattle either QB badly this week. I see at least 4 sacks this week.

On offense I hope Simpson is healthy. They needed his deep speed last week badly. How many times did you see Ponder ready to throw downfield and then either tuck it or check down. The receivers are just not getting open because they can't. I don't think it has anything to do with the play calling, I just don't think that the Vikings' Receivers don't have the ability to get separation on any routes.

Rudolph has to hold on to the ball.

Peterson looked great yesterday in the first half, and his COD and strength are back 100 percent. I just hope he gets his acceleration back too (which he may not).

Ponder seems like he is going to have 4-5 plays that are just head scratchers or poor physical plays a game. I'm not sure how you account for that, or how long you can live with it. Every QB has some bad plays, but it seems like Ponder's are magnified and happen at critical times. Perhaps other QB's mistakes aren't magnified as much because of the talent around them? That, along with his relative inexperience, is what I attribute it to.

The offensive line, while better, was pushed around in pass pro yesterday against a bunch of backups. Need a better effort from them.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to keep my normal mindset, any Vikings game this year will be a coin flip. I think they can pull it out, but I expect it to be close just because Arizona does play very sound defense so probably a low scoring affair. For the Cardinals to win they are going to need to air it out, possibly could have another INT or two for the defense this game.

CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked the Cardinals.
They are just a likable team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 1 of 55

Jump to: