Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Claiborne and Richardson are gone...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: If Claiborne and Richardson are gone... Reply with quote

Just saw on ESPN that Todd McShay thinks Minnesota could be taking Claiborne and that it looks more and more like they are. Richardson seems like a foregon conclusion that hes goin to Cleveland. Why do all of the guys we really want get taken right before our pick? Rolling Eyes. So if they are both gone they what do we do? Stephen Holder has been tweeting that he would not be surprised if the Bucs took Matt Kalil. I REALLY do not want Kalil. I think Penn has done a decent job and there are much bigger needs that drafting a LT right now. The best option is to obviously trade down. But if we cant do that then we gota take Luke Keuchly. LB is a huge need and Keuchly is the best this draft has to offer. Even if he is a "reach" at #5. He was the best option. I would not be upset if Keuchly was the pick at 5.
sandman2300

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We take Kalil....

not even a debate.

If you have to pick top 5 in that scenario because we can't trade down...you take top 5 talent and that's what Kalil is- at the very worst he can play RT until Penn needs to get moved over
mzerv00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandman2300 wrote:
We take Kalil....

not even a debate.

If you have to pick top 5 in that scenario because we can't trade down...you take top 5 talent and that's what Kalil is- at the very worst he can play RT until Penn needs to get moved over

What do you think about Gilmore? Is it too early for him? I've read on some places that some people consider him a top ten prospect.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we absolutely cannot trade down then we go with Kalil and know Josh Freeman's blindside will be protected for the next 10+ years. He may not be a position of need, but he is the only elite prospect left and will certainly be a position of need very soon anyways.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go Kalil here. Not only is he the BPA but there's a great chance he will have a better pro career than any reach we attempt to take. I'm not touching Kuechly in the top 5. I get the A.J. Hawk flashbacks every time I hear how about the possibility of us reaching to get him. Matt Kalil will start right away at either position. If I'm Tampa, I move Penn to RT and start Kalil at LT. Even though I think Penn could really be good on the left side with Nicks next to him. Letting Kalil and Nicks develop a rapport is more important considering Kalil will be here longer than Penn will. Either way, your getting a Tackle that'll play for 8-10 years at a high level. And I'll take that any day all day because the last top 5 picks we've had flamed out and didn't pan out to be the franchise players they were expected. Unless we get a very big trade offer in which we don't acquire a 2nd and a 4th, just take Kalil and don't look back. Draft the best player, point blank. If we trade down, then I'm all for grabbing a reach player in Kuechly at #10. With two seconds we can grab a RB, and CB. Third round heck, we can get a TE and in the fourth draft a safety. Taking Kalil will be a win-win for us.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need elite players. Kalil has elite ability. Take him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Kalil... really? Um no.

We have a Pro Bowl LT and we are going to take Kalil? 1st. No one takes a RT with the 5th pick. 2nd. Kalil is not fit to play RT in the NFL. He is to small and quick. RTs need to be big and maulers. Kalil is neither of these things.

If we dont get Claiborne or Richardson we trade down and get what we can. Taking Gilmore, Kirkpatrick or Kuechly while adding a 3rd or higher draft pick would be a much better option. You want a playmaker, get an impact defensive player on the leagues worst defense. Not an OL man. OL are not game changers.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

We have a Pro Bowl LT and we are going to take Kalil? 1st. No one takes a RT with the 5th pick. 2nd. Kalil is not fit to play RT in the NFL. He is to small and quick. RTs need to be big and maulers. Kalil is neither of these things.

If we dont get Claiborne or Richardson we trade down and get what we can. Taking Gilmore, Kirkpatrick or Kuechly while adding a 3rd or higher draft pick would be a much better option. You want a playmaker, get an impact defensive player on the leagues worst defense. Not an OL man. OL are not game changers.

I believe the question was if we cannot trade down...Of course we would all love to trade down in this case, but if we cannot trade down who would you take Shorty? Kuechly or Gilmore at 5? No thanks.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

agreed on not taking kalil, there's no way we take him with Penn at LT, thats just too much money invested in the offensive line with so many other holes on the team

I say Kuechly
ChaoticBuc3125

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ONLY option is Keuchley. Kalil is not even an option and personally the Kalil people need to get there head of there asses. Keuchley should be the pick even if Clairborne is there.

The only three players on the board in top 10 we even consider are Keuchley, Richardson, and Clairborne anyone else and somebody needs a new job

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
mzerv00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im ready for my beat down....

Why no go with Blackmon in this situation? Everyone says he's not a no. 1 guy. So, he play no.2 next to Jackson. We can still pick up Miller in the second round. Our offense would be insane.

Location: From Boston, MA ... Hate Pats and rest of NFCS GO Bucs!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mzerv00 wrote:
ok, im ready for my beat down....

Why no go with Blackmon in this situation? Everyone says he's not a no. 1 guy. So, he play no.2 next to Jackson. We can still pick up Miller in the second round. Our offense would be insane.

Mike Williams, Arrelious Benn, Dezimon Briscoe, Preston Parker..
This is along the lines of wasting another pick much like drafting Kalil, but at least Blackmon is gamechanger and is #1 receiver

Congrads to 55 on HOF! To Revis FU! & MG#8 & his mob must go!
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this is worst case. I prefer the value of Kalil at that point but i just see it impossible that we wouldn't be able to trade down with needs for LT out there. To me Keuchly reminds me of Curry with this whole talk of safest pick. He accels at almost everything but it's elite at 1 thing. That is the problem I have with him at 5, when you are picking in the top 5 you expect elite talent and to me Luke isn't that. Not saying he won't be a great player down the road, I have the same concern with Blackmon. I personally prefer Floyd and neither are top 5 worthy to me, top 10...yes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
To me this is worst case. I prefer the value of Kalil at that point but i just see it impossible that we wouldn't be able to trade down with needs for LT out there. To me Keuchly reminds me of Curry with this whole talk of safest pick. He accels at almost everything but it's elite at 1 thing. That is the problem I have with him at 5, when you are picking in the top 5 you expect elite talent and to me Luke isn't that. Not saying he won't be a great player down the road, I have the same concern with Blackmon. I personally prefer Floyd and neither are top 5 worthy to me, top 10...yes.

Completely agree with all of this, although I like him a little better than I did Curry. Still, all very good points and very well said.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

agreed on not taking kalil, there's no way we take him with Penn at LT, thats just too much money invested in the offensive line with so many other holes on the team

I say Kuechly

Exactly. There are many other holes on this team and OL is definitely not even close to a need or a position that needs to be improved. I would not like having to take Kuechly that high and there are parts of his game that worry me enough that I would want to steer clear period, but if we got screwed hard enough to where we couldnt even trade down I say Kuechly is who we should take.

With that said, if Kalil is on the board at 5, some team will want to trade up and we will not be stuck at that pick. There is just no way we dont find a trade partner so Im not worried about getting stuck at 5 with Kalil if the worst did happen.

Also, to the people who say we should take Kalil. Please answer this for me. The only argument for taking Kalil I am hearing is that he is an elite talent. Ok.. what if Andrew Luck was at our pick and he was the last true elite talent left in the draft. Do we take him if we cant find a trade partner? Absolutely not. Sure this is an extreme example but I think you guys get what Im saying. Just because there is 1 elite talent left available at a position that is already filled and filled well I might add, does not mean that you take him because he is BPA. That would be absolutely ridiculous for us to take Kalil.

Smack ^
#FireLovie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: