Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Claiborne and Richardson are gone...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kalil is the only one on the board (If I'm MD I'm not even considering Blackmon) then we should try to trade down. The guy is elite talent, but there are so many more holes to fill that if we can, we need to try to acquire more picks. Now if we can't do that, I'm all for it. Move Penn to RT and pick up Kalil and at least walk away with arguably the best O-Line in football. Kuechly isn't worth reaching at #5 for, maybe #10 if we can get back around there. Same with Barron. We'll all have to see how it pans out. I'm still not going to believe that the Vikings will pass on Kalil until I see it. They'll either trade down or take him.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:
The pick is Kalil- everyone that says Kuechly just isn't thinking straight.

He is a VERY good LB- but he doesn't have the elite skill set teams picking the top 5 expect to get- obviously if we dropped down- hell yes thats a pick. But top 5 you take an elite talent- Kalil is that

The "too much money invested" theory doesn't apply anymore. The pay scale makes it easy to afford just about any pick and fact is- penn didn't play great last year and he's actually older than people think.

Also, Penn DOES have the ability to slide over to RT because he has the size and strength of True without the idiotic penalties.

With no trade down- take the top LT in recent years and shore up your blindside for the next 10-15 years.

The "too much money invested" does apply because i'm not talking about the rookie contract, I'm talking about after that contract is up, he's gonna want to get paid, so we either give him a huge contract or let him go. We just signed 2 guards to big contracts and Penn to a good contract, not to mention Trueblood being overpayed.

Penn is not just a good LT, he's probably the leader of the offensive line because of his play and personality. If anything it would be kalil going to RT.

People have Kuechly 7 overall on their draft boards, so reaching 2 spots to grab our #1 need in a crappy situation doesn't seem too bad to me... Do we really want Quincy Black at MLB?
Davin Joseph would like a word with you.......

I knew someone would say something about that, I don't know I said probably, but it doesn't make that big of a difference anyways
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Kalil
4. Richardson
5. Claiborne

Problem solved. I never believe anything that is said around this time of year. Really, why would the Vikes come out a few days before the draft and say they don't want a tackle? No, barring a big trade at #3, they will take Kalil, and we will get Claiborne.

Last edited by tml_gogo on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
sandman2300 wrote:
The pick is Kalil- everyone that says Kuechly just isn't thinking straight.

He is a VERY good LB- but he doesn't have the elite skill set teams picking the top 5 expect to get- obviously if we dropped down- hell yes thats a pick. But top 5 you take an elite talent- Kalil is that

The "too much money invested" theory doesn't apply anymore. The pay scale makes it easy to afford just about any pick and fact is- penn didn't play great last year and he's actually older than people think.

Also, Penn DOES have the ability to slide over to RT because he has the size and strength of True without the idiotic penalties.

With no trade down- take the top LT in recent years and shore up your blindside for the next 10-15 years.

The "too much money invested" does apply because i'm not talking about the rookie contract, I'm talking about after that contract is up, he's gonna want to get paid, so we either give him a huge contract or let him go. We just signed 2 guards to big contracts and Penn to a good contract, not to mention Trueblood being overpayed.

Penn is not just a good LT, he's probably the leader of the offensive line because of his play and personality. If anything it would be kalil going to RT.

People have Kuechly 7 overall on their draft boards, so reaching 2 spots to grab our #1 need in a crappy situation doesn't seem too bad to me... Do we really want Quincy Black at MLB?
Davin Joseph would like a word with you.......

I knew someone would say something about that, I don't know I said probably, but it doesn't make that big of a difference anyways
Right if you mean Penn moving to RT b/c he is not the leader and his play and personality.
klopp24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Kalil
4. Richardson
5. Claiborne

Problem solved. I never believe anything that is said around this time of year. Really, why would the Vikes come out a few days before the draft and say they don't want a tackle? No, barring a big trade at #3, they will take Kalil, and we will get Claiborne.

Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Kalil
4. Tannehill
5. Richardson

Fixed Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Khalil is the elite prospect but we'd get a lot more use out of Floyd or Blackmon, Cox or Brockers, or Kirkpatrick or Barron.

We have some huge holes and LT isn't one of them.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butch says Quentin Coples will be the next Justin Tuck, an effective pass rusher from both DE and DT. Cool Just kidding..... well maybe not Very Happy
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoticBuc3125 wrote:
mzerv00 wrote:
ok, im ready for my beat down....

Why no go with Blackmon in this situation? Everyone says he's not a no. 1 guy. So, he play no.2 next to Jackson. We can still pick up Miller in the second round. Our offense would be insane.

Mike Williams, Arrelious Benn, Dezimon Briscoe, Preston Parker..
This is along the lines of wasting another pick much like drafting Kalil, but at least Blackmon is gamechanger and is #1 receiver

And none those guys are better than Blackmon today. Also VJ is already 29...... Just saying
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
I know Khalil is the elite prospect but we'd get a lot more use out of Floyd or Blackmon, Cox or Brockers, or Kirkpatrick or Barron.

We have some huge holes and LT isn't one of them.

I would take all those guys except kirkpatrick over kalil

tml_gogo wrote:
1. Luck
2. Griffin
3. Kalil
4. Richardson
5. Claiborne

yep could definitely be a smokescreen to try and get a few extra picks
mfw096

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't trade this pick we would have to select either Blackmon, Khalil or Cox these may not all be huge needs, but we gotta select the best available and these 3 are probably the best available at that point and all 3 could make huge impacts on are team.
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anybody be really ticked off if we took Blackmon? Everybody loves taking the sexy WR of the draft. But think about this. Of the top 12 teams that made the playoffs last year, only 2 had a rushing offense in the top 20! That tells you its a passing league. And I think when Freeman gets in a rythm of throwing the ball he gets more comfortable. Yes we just signed Vincent Jackson and we drafted Benn and Williams not that long ago and when it comes down to it we prob arent guna take Blackmon. But I would not hate it if we took him.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
Would anybody be really ticked off if we took Blackmon? Everybody loves taking the sexy WR of the draft. But think about this. Of the top 12 teams that made the playoffs last year, only 2 had a rushing offense in the top 20! That tells you its a passing league. And I think when Freeman gets in a rythm of throwing the ball he gets more comfortable. Yes we just signed Vincent Jackson and we drafted Benn and Williams not that long ago and when it comes down to it we prob arent guna take Blackmon. But I would not hate it if we took him.

I'm the Blackmon guy, outside VJ he'd be our best WR, and VJ is 29 opening kickoff.... Just saying
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:

I'm the Blackmon guy, outside VJ he'd be our best WR, and VJ is 29 opening kickoff.... Just saying
Blackmon wouldn't be a bad option either in this case. Keep Jackson, Blackmon, Williams, Benn, Briscoe, Parker, and Webber. See if I could get something out of Benn, Briscoe, or Parker to narrow it down to 6. Williams takes a lessor role for now as a slot receiver if he can't beat the rookie out as the #2. Wouldn't be opposed to it. The Packers, Giants, and Saints have how many good receivers on their teams during their run? Pretty sure they all had 3 good ones.
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:

I would. I think he's going to bust. I'd prefer Floyd if we were to get a receiver. But I like the Fletcher Cox idea better the more I think about it.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: