Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

titwio's mock 2.0

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: titwio's mock 2.0 Reply with quote




1) Devon Still DT 6'5 303- Weeden, Gilmore, Jefferey are among guys that are moving up the boards in the 1st. Still falls to 32 and the Giants take the best player available.
Still Highlights

2) Vinny Curry DE 6'3 266 - For some reason guys like Chandler Jones and Andre Branch are moving up and Curry's sliding. The Giants take Curry at 63 overall which would legitimately be too much to pass up.
Curry Highlights

3) Mitchell Shwartz OL 6'5 318- Versatile lineman who plays both tackle spots and has experience at both positions. Will come in from day one and compete and give the Giants solid depth at tackle.
Shwartz Highlights

4A) Ledarius Green TE 6'6 240 - Big, fast, raw athletic TE with tons of upside. Great hands but needs to get better at blocking which he'll have time to do under guys like Bennett and Ballard.
Green vs SDSU

4B) Marvin Mcnutt WR 6'3 216 - McNutt is a big, physical WR with good hands. He can stretch the field and make tough catches. His weaknesses are inconsistency with route running and blocking which is the only reason he's not projected higher. His overall size, speed combo make him a mid round gem. Lots of potential.
McNutt Highlights

6) Cyrus Gray RB 5'10 206- Cyrus is quick as well as fast. Elusive running back who has good low center of gravity and can deliver a punch. Solid hands receiving and can also help on returns and special teams. One of my favorite sleepers in the draft. Under the radar right now.
Gray Highlights

7) Sean Richardson S 6'2 216- Safety with good ball skills and is very fluid. Has a lot of experience playing in the box safety much like the 3rd safety role is for the Giants. Richardson would compete from day one and also offer big help on specials.

Let me know what you guys think.

*Highlights are there for people who are unfamiliar with the prospects
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".


Last edited by titwio on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BassistofDoom


Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 616
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's bold. Two defensive line picks in the first two rounds. I like it though; we may need to cut/trade Canty because of how much his contract is worth and I forsee an Osi trade in the future. Plus Still and Curry are beasts. Then I like the immediate jump to O-line, the solid TE pick, and the Gray and McNutt picks especially because I think they are great prospects with great value and they could be steals. Then Richardson is good depth. All around great draft. Good work.
_________________
GO G-MEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BassistofDoom wrote:
It's bold. Two defensive line picks in the first two rounds. I like it though; we may need to cut/trade Canty because of how much his contract is worth and I forsee an Osi trade in the future. Plus Still and Curry are beasts. Then I like the immediate jump to O-line, the solid TE pick, and the Gray and McNutt picks especially because I think they are great prospects with great value and they could be steals. Then Richardson is good depth. All around great draft. Good work.


Thanks for the positive feedback. I pretty much went with who I think the Giants will target considering the players that may be available for them when they pick. I think this draft is very much Reese's style. All in all I think it's good value all around.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Onyxmeth


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 7225
Location: Glen Cove
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to imagine we would go DL with 5 of our last 6 picks in the first and second rounds over the course of three years. I do like the players though. I just feel Reese is going to put more lean on replenishing the offense than that.
_________________

l3lind golfer wrote:
It's official. LeBron is staying in Cleveland. Quote that. I have a source. If it's not true, I'll never post here again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Byrdman


Joined: 09 Feb 2010
Posts: 571
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the gray pick but I hate to burst your bubble he has a 3rd to 4th round grade on him. I think it's very possible we could get him with one of are 4th round picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onyxmeth wrote:
It's hard to imagine we would go DL with 5 of our last 6 picks in the first and second rounds over the course of three years. I do like the players though. I just feel Reese is going to put more lean on replenishing the offense than that.


Next year Canty is likely gone as well as Bernard which leaves them thin at DT with Joseph and Austin. Also the Osi situation and Kiwi next year too. Reese usually likes to draft for the year after. I'm thinking if Still is there he's most likely going to end up a Giant. Same for Curry.

I want offense earlier too I'm just not sure if it's going to happen. If I made a draft of what I'd like to see the Giants do it would be a bit different than this. I just think this is more like Reese's style and probably more likely of what I expect than anything...which is not bad at all IMO.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:
I really like the gray pick but I hate to burst your bubble he has a 3rd to 4th round grade on him. I think it's very possible we could get him with one of are 4th round picks.


I've seen a hundred mocks and Gray has been all over the place. Anywhere from late 3rd to the 6th round. Lately I've been seeing more 5th and 6th round projections on him which makes me think he's under the radar right now. There's so many other mid round backs I've seen mocked ahead of him...Pead, Turbin, Hillman, Pierce, Polk, Ballard etc...just to name a few. It's not out of the question for him to be taken in the 6th. Personally I think he'd be a steal in 4th but he could go anywhere with all the solid backs in this class.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Onyxmeth


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 7225
Location: Glen Cove
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Onyxmeth wrote:
It's hard to imagine we would go DL with 5 of our last 6 picks in the first and second rounds over the course of three years. I do like the players though. I just feel Reese is going to put more lean on replenishing the offense than that.


Next year Canty is likely gone as well as Bernard which leaves them thin at DT with Joseph and Austin. Also the Osi situation and Kiwi next year too. Reese usually likes to draft for the year after. I'm thinking if Still is there he's most likely going to end up a Giant. Same for Curry.

I want offense earlier too I'm just not sure if it's going to happen. If I made a draft of what I'd like to see the Giants do it would be a bit different than this. I just think this is more like Reese's style and probably more likely of what I expect than anything...which is not bad at all IMO.
I don't trust Penn State defensive linemen. They tend to not live up to their draft status. Going back to the 2000 draft and the infamous 1st overall pick, here's every Penn State DL drafted:

Courtney Brown, 2000, 1st overall=Injury Bust
Jimmy Kennedy, 2003, 12th overall=Massive Disappointment
Michael Haynes, 2003, 14th overall=Bust
Anthony Adams, 2003, 57th overall=Middling Role Player
Tamba Hali, 2006, 20th overall=Great pass rusher but a slow career start
Jay Alford, 2007, 81st overall=Career Backup, Always Injured
Aaron Maybin, 2009, 11th overall=Huge Bust, Jets Backup
Jared Odrick, 2010, 28th overall=Missed rookie year for injury, Good rotational pass rusher at 3-4 DE

These are a lot of high end prospects and not a lot happened. The same way I trust Penn State LBs is the way I don't trust their DL.
_________________

l3lind golfer wrote:
It's official. LeBron is staying in Cleveland. Quote that. I have a source. If it's not true, I'll never post here again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onyxmeth wrote:
I don't trust Penn State defensive linemen. They tend to not live up to their draft status.


I just read this article today and I thought it would be appropriate to add. It's a mock and it has the Giants taking Devon Still... it echos pretty much what I was thinking Reese would value in terms of players at 32.

Quote:
GM Jerry Reese knows a value pick when he sees one. The interior defensive line isn't exactly a strength in New York, either. Stanford TE Coby Fleener, Georgia CB Brandon Boykin, and Virginia Tech RB David Wilson should get consideration, but Still ultimately has the highest draft grade.

http://drafthq.nbcsports.com/forecast.aspx

I know you don't trust Penn State D-lineman but I think if he's there at 32, just based on value that Reese will likely pull the trigger.

I also was saying in the draft thread that I thought David Wilson might also be the BPA at 32. I pretty much agree with the players this guy mentions with the exception being Boykin. I don't think he's good value at all in the 1st. I think it could definitely come down to those three players...(Still, Fleener, or Wilson)
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11910
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Onyxmeth wrote:
I don't trust Penn State defensive linemen. They tend to not live up to their draft status.


I just read this article today and I thought it would be appropriate to add. It's a mock and it has the Giants taking Devon Still... it echos pretty much what I was thinking Reese would value in terms of players at 32.

Quote:
GM Jerry Reese knows a value pick when he sees one. The interior defensive line isn't exactly a strength in New York, either. Stanford TE Coby Fleener, Georgia CB Brandon Boykin, and Virginia Tech RB David Wilson should get consideration, but Still ultimately has the highest draft grade.

http://drafthq.nbcsports.com/forecast.aspx

I know you don't trust Penn State D-lineman but I think if he's there at 32, just based on value that Reese will likely pull the trigger.

I also was saying in the draft thread that I thought David Wilson might also be the BPA at 32. I pretty much agree with the players this guy mentions with the exception being Boykin. I don't think he's good value at all in the 1st. I think it could definitely come down to those three players...(Still, Fleener, or Wilson)


Boykin brings a lot of his value to special teams. I don't have a first round grade on him. But if it did in fact come down to Fleener, Still, or Wilson, I'd be fine with any of them. Wilson would be my favorite though. He seems like a Tom Coughlin guy.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Boykin brings a lot of his value to special teams. I don't have a first round grade on him. But if it did in fact come down to Fleener, Still, or Wilson, I'd be fine with any of them. Wilson would be my favorite though. He seems like a Tom Coughlin guy.


Yeah, I agree. If it's between any of those three players then my draft weekend would be off to a good start. Wouldn't mind any of them at all.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R7D2


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 101
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect. I would be ecstatic with this turnout. Still and Curry will be very good in the NFL.
_________________


Rase on the signature.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group