Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who's #4 WR/RB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saints4life44

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Who's #4 WR/RB Reply with quote

ok from the looks of it Adrian will most likely not make the final cuts due to yet another injury. so that leaves the door open for either Roby, Tanner, Toon (I think he's injured), and Morgan. I would like to see Morgan and Toon stay. But Roby is making a good push for that spot. I think Morgan would be a better choice due to is return abilities. I think that Morgan is the best fit to replace Mecham if he can prove he has the hands he is younger taller and just as fast if not faster than Roby. My only concern about Morgan is can he stay healthy enough.

Also I really think there is a good chance that Cadet will replace Ivory as the 4th RB on the team. I think he makes Ivory expandable due to the fact that we have Ingram that can do what Ivory does. Plus Cadet can play on ST where Ivory doesnt so that gives him a little more value over Ivory in in opinion.

What are yalls opinions on these 2 positions?

NS922
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Toon will definitely make the team. I think Toon, Ivory and Joe Morgan make the cut. Cadet looked very mediocre in the last game. I really don't see us releasing Courtney Roby though, he's to valuable on ST.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB: Ingram, Thomas, Ivory, Sproles, Collins
WR: Colston, Moore, Henderson, Toon, Morgan, Roby.

That's what I'm predicting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
RB: Ingram, Thomas, Ivory, Sproles, Collins
WR: Colston, Moore, Henderson, Toon, Morgan, Roby.

That's what I'm predicting.

My prediction for the entire offense depth chart:

QB: Brees, Daniel
FB: Collins
RB: Ingram, Thomas, Sproles, Ivory
WR: Colston, Moore, Henderson, Morgan, Toon, Roby
TE: Graham, Thomas, Higgins
LT: Bushrod
LG: Grubbs
C: de la Puente, Tennant
RG: Evans, Olsen
RT: Strief, Brown

Would be 24 players on offense. I could see antoher RB in Cadet or another WR in Arrington making the final roster.

Edit: Who is Derek Moye, WR, Penn State? 65 at 210 pounds sounds great!

QB Drew Brees -

DB Patrick Robinson -
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:

My prediction for the entire offense depth chart:

QB: Brees, Daniel
FB: Collins
RB: Ingram, Thomas, Sproles, Ivory
WR: Colston, Moore, Henderson, Morgan, Toon, Roby
TE: Graham, Thomas, Higgins
LT: Bushrod
LG: Grubbs
C: de la Puente, Tennant
RG: Evans, Olsen
RT: Strief, Brown

I think that's what I see happening too. Maybe making room for Cadet somehow. I doubt we can stash him on our PS, there was a reason we had to give him the biggest UFDA signing bonus ever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little birdy has been chatting me up again...

I'm hearing that Ivory's fumbling troubles in camp and practice are putting him on the bubble and the team has been majorly impressed with what they have seen from Cadet.

I'm ready to bet we keep Cadet and waive Ivory.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That little birdy told me that they aren't quite ready to give up on Ivory, and Cadet would REALLY have to impress in the running game to get a roster spot.

He also told me the Saints may carry 7 WRs on the roster this season. Colston, Moore, Henderson, Arrington, Toon, Morgan, Roby.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
My little birdy has been chatting me up again...

I'm hearing that Ivory's fumbling troubles in camp and practice are putting him on the bubble and the team has been majorly impressed with what they have seen from Cadet.

I'm ready to bet we keep Cadet and waive Ivory.

Ivorys fumbles are becoming quite a problem, at this point I'd be surprised if we kept him.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
That little birdy told me that they aren't quite ready to give up on Ivory, and Cadet would REALLY have to impress in the running game to get a roster spot.

He also told me the Saints may carry 7 WRs on the roster this season. Colston, Moore, Henderson, Arrington, Toon, Morgan, Roby.

Arrington won't make it. He is too brittle. Injured every season since taking him. Not worth the spot at this point. I would rather Tanner, he has played well the past couple preseasons.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

Arrington won't make it. He is too brittle. Injured every season since taking him. Not worth the spot at this point. I would rather Tanner, he has played well the past couple preseasons.

He can also stand up to some huge hits, he's durable. He got rocked during that Arizona game, then got right back up.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

That's what the little birdy told me. I'd be shocked if Tanner or Arrington made it. I see Colston, Moore, Henderson, Toon, Morgan, Roby

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probability of players making the team.

WR:
1) Colston 100% 2) Moore 100% 3) Henderson 95% 4) Roby 80% 5) Toon 65% 6) Tanner 40% 7) Morgan 35% Cool Arrington 15%

I think that Roby is close to being a lock. He looks like the Saints best deep threat. Toon has the leg up on the competition simply because of his upside and glimpses of production before his injury. Tanner has looked excellent this offseason and he is almost ready to contribute. The only question is, where is his niche? He is a possession guy but not as good as Colston or Moore in that role. He is practice squad bound. I know the Saints would LOVE to have Morgan make the team...but it's not in the cards. He is not ready. He can't catch and runs awful routes. Those happen to be much more important than speed and agility. He is PS bound. I think that Arrington is done. Fool me once shame on me, fool me four times shame on you. He's to skinny and frail for the NFL. Give him his injury settlement and be done with him. No need to IR him in my book.

RB/FB:
1) Sproles 100% 2) Ingram 100% 3) Collins 98% 3) Thomas 95% 4) Ivory 55% 5) Cadet 50% 6) Hall 45%

No need to mention Sproles thoughout Thomas...they will be back. I think that it comes down to the last three. I think that Hall misses the cut. I have Ivory ahead of Cadet...but that's with a stipulation. If Cadet continues to look impressive, he gets the nod over Ivory. I am just not ready to crown him after two games. He needs to improve in the running game. But there is no denying that his versatility gives him the edge on Ivory. Ivory's only asset is his ability to run the football...but now that he has fumbling issues...that is even in question. Cadet is a much better receiver, blocker, healthier, with better ball security, and a special teams contributor. If either player gets cut, they will be picked up in a new york minute off waivers...especially Cadet. So I think that the Saints may need to look into trading one of the two. I think that Hall is gone. Just too much talent to have a second FB. Cadet could replace him on special teams.

I ultimately think that it will be:
WR: Colston, Moore, Henderson, Roby, Toon
PS: Tanner, Morgan
Cut/IR: Arrington

RB: Sproles, Ingram, PT, Cadet
Cut/Trade: Ivory
Cut: Hall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: