Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Allegations against Loomis.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Allegations against Loomis. Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Does anyone suspect this might be happening more than just an isolated case in New Orleans? Is this just the news media kickin' a franchise when they are down?

Quote:
The U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Louisiana was told Friday that New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis had an electronic device in his Superdome suite that had been secretly re-wired to enable him to eavesdrop on visiting coaching staffs for nearly three NFL seasons, "Outside the Lines" has learned.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games

If this is true, blow up the franchise and start over. It's time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Allegations against Loomis. Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Does anyone suspect this might be happening more than just an isolated case in New Orleans? Is this just the news media kickin' a franchise when they are down?

Quote:
The U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Louisiana was told Friday that New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis had an electronic device in his Superdome suite that had been secretly re-wired to enable him to eavesdrop on visiting coaching staffs for nearly three NFL seasons, "Outside the Lines" has learned.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games

This is just unbelievable. It's like... I feel so horrible for you guys as fans. But at the same time, I just can't stop laughing at this never ending circus of controversy coming out of that franchise. How can a franchise screw up THIS much.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Allegations against Loomis. Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Quote:

WHAT?! This isnt even a big deal Laughing It happened in 2002-2004.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
JustisM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just coming in here to say sorry to any and all Saints fans. Must be some hard crap you guys have been/are going to go through because of management problems.
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ffffffffffffffff
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ESPN video on this is spot on, this is a ridiculous allegation. Theirs absolutely no competitive advantage to this. Mickey Loomis would need to know EVERY piece of dialogue from every NFL team for this to even be helpful. Then he would need to decipher it in SECONDS and get it down to Sean Payton for him to adjust the defense. I don't buy any of this for a second.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: BREAKING NEWS!!! Reply with quote

This just in! ESPN is reporting that Mickey Loomis (between 2005-2010) had been known to feast on puppies and kittens for sustenance, and drank the blood of virgins to gain immortality.

He is also rumored to be a Sith Lord and never cared for Everybody Loves Raymond.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a face you would trust? Christ, he even has the classic villainous facial hair.

In all seriousness, though, I sympathize with all of you. I've been through the same kind of thing as a fan, and trying to convince the rabble that your favorite team isn't some monster to be mobbed against with torches and pitchforks is a hopeless endeavor. And I'm fully convinced that most, or all of the other teams in the league have been guilty of something similar to what the Saints are accused of. The problem is, Roger Goodell and the media don't care. They condemn one organization and expect everyone else to view it as the proverbial head on a pike and fall in line.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
This just in! ESPN is reporting that Mickey Loomis (between 2005-2010) had been known to feast on puppies and kittens for sustenance, and drank the blood of virgins to gain immortality.

He is also rumored to be a Sith Lord and never cared for Everybody Loves Raymond.

Like most of us after Season 5.

- mike23md on the sig!
Jeebs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
The ESPN video on this is spot on, this is a ridiculous allegation. Theirs absolutely no competitive advantage to this. Mickey Loomis would need to know EVERY piece of dialogue from every NFL team for this to even be helpful. Then he would need to decipher it in SECONDS and get it down to Sean Payton for him to adjust the defense. I don't buy any of this for a second.

Lets assume, for the sake of this conversation, that Loomis was listening in. Everyone is assuming that this is something that he would have to translate, get to the coaches instantly and then somehow down to the field. Why does this need to be an instant thing? Lets say you play the Falcons, or any other division foe, at home. You hear their tendencies, how they react to different plays, what they know about your own team, etc. You can use all the time provided until you play them again to study this knowledge and apply it to future game planning. Now you know what to look for on the field, how they expect you to react, etc. Its potentially an incredible amount of knowledge there for seeing a team a second time around at any point.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't care anymore. I just want some damn football.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
Porter22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
I just don't care anymore. I just want some damn football.

QB Drew Brees - 1,203 YDs ; 7 TD ; 3 INT ; 71.4% Pct

DB Patrick Robinson - 12 Tackles, 3 PDefs, 1 INT
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebs wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Lets assume, for the sake of this conversation, that Loomis was listening in. Everyone is assuming that this is something that he would have to translate, get to the coaches instantly and then somehow down to the field. Why does this need to be an instant thing? Lets say you play the Falcons, or any other division foe, at home. You hear their tendencies, how they react to different plays, what they know about your own team, etc. You can use all the time provided until you play them again to study this knowledge and apply it to future game planning. Now you know what to look for on the field, how they expect you to react, etc. Its potentially an incredible amount of knowledge there for seeing a team a second time around at any point.

He'd still need to know their termanology. "Run a 45mothaflippin QB snapperoo" doesnt help him 5 minutes from now, it doesnt help him 10 years from now.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Allegations against Loomis. Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Quote:

WHAT?! This isnt even a big deal Laughing It happened in 2002-2004.

If that's the case, it's a non issue, that wasn't included in the article I read.

Silver lining I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

He'd still need to know their termanology. "Run a 45mothaflippin QB snapperoo" doesnt help him 5 minutes from now, it doesnt help him 10 years from now.

It does when he can then watch exactly what the play is as it happens....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: