Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Allegations against Loomis.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Saints25-12 wrote:
this whole thing is frustrating. Goodell to begin with has allowed a huge media storm from the moment they released the knowledge of the bounties. Let it die down a little then come out with the front office penalties. He is waiting till after the draft to hand out player punishments. Why wasn't he able to get the information all together, have a press conference where he details everything, hands out all punishments and then be done with it rather than this drawn out opera.

Goodell said today that punishments are coming "soon." He was waiting on the NFLPA, he isn't coming up with these punishments on his own.

When you're the team in trouble, you can't expect the commish to play by your rules.

He said "coming soon" last week too and the week before. The player suspensions is the one I'm curious about. The "listening device" one is nine to eleven years old. RADICAL IDEA MR. GODELL: find out what every football team has EVER done the has even remotely seemed sinister and LET THE HAMMER DOWN! Oh and we will give you a giant middle finger when we hoist up the Lombardi trophy in February Wink

^NS922 on the sig^
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know what you're arguing at this point. Confused

Goodell has nothing to do with the listening allegations, and there is no reason to believe any punishments will be brought down at this point.

As far as player punishment goes, I'd like to know as well. But like I said, Goodell was waiting for recommendations from the NFLPA. You and I don't know that they have made any recommendations yet or what point in the process they are at.

Too many Saints fans are making Goodell the bad guy in this situation, but he's not the one that broke any rules. I love the Saints and wish they never would've got in trouble, but I'm not a big enough homer to turn this into Goodell vs the Saints.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever you guys want to stop making Goodell look like the devil and start making the FO more accountable for their action..... then we can built this forums' creditability back up.

If true..... I think I'm about done with the Saints. FIRE LOOMIS! Doing something we think most teams are doing, fine, but blatantly cheating is another. As of right now this is allegation is an franchise smasher, and hopefully it isn't true or can't be proven true. I can't watch ESPN or NFL Network now.... Crying or Very sad
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
Whenever you guys want to stop making Goodell look like the devil and start making the FO more accountable for their action..... then we can built this forums' creditability back up.

If true..... I think I'm about done with the Saints. FIRE LOOMIS! Doing something we think most teams are doing, fine, but blatantly cheating is another. As of right now this is allegation is an franchise smasher, and hopefully it isn't true or can't be proven true. I can't watch ESPN or NFL Network now.... Crying or Very sad

How can you talk about building a forum's credibility back up, then say you're about done with your team in the same post?

Nothing is less credible than a fan who bails when it gets tough.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint Anger here- Look Im not saying goodell is a devil, But he can be a hypocrite. Your telling me that pac man jones can beat strippers in 2007, hitting another women in 2008 in Atlanta, and in 2009 being a known suspect in a shooting in Las Vegas.

On top of that Ben Roethlisberger was involved in two counts of sexual
assault or rape if you want to call it.

And then there is Vick... I dont need to go on I feel

But these horrible actions which If you believed Goodell Saying playing in the nfl is a privilege not a right. Then how is those three players still playing football? If I committed Rape, dog fighting, shooting/stripper beating what would happen with me?

My point in all this is what right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Cheating is going to happen, Horrible acts are going to happen. It does not matter what Loomis, Saints Players, or any other player short of murder. the NFL is about one thing $$$. So i get tired of hearing naive people think the Saints players are horrible, or Loomis or goodell are devils. We knowingly watch a violent sport and Owners give big money to people to spend it how they will.

P.S Lawrence Taylor was arrested in 2009 for having sex with a 16 year old girl. He was charged with felony third-degree statutory rape, for allegedly engaging in sexual intercourse with someone under 17. He was also charged with third-degree patronization for allegedly paying the underage girl $300 to have sex with him.Taylor pled guilty and on March 22, 2011 was sentenced to six years probation as part of a plea agreement, in which he pled guilty to the misdemeanors of sexual misconduct and patronizing a prostitute. He will also have to register as a low-risk level one sex offender... If Goodell says he wants to protect the shield and those behind it, This goes for a Hall of famer too huh?

Also I wont stop watching the saints personally, The players that take the field and play the game are what make football. No cheating or Video Sound byte blocked the punt in 2006, and It sure didnt have A.P fumble in 2009, and last I checked Tracy Porter catching the ball from peyton was not cheating either Cool
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Donte Stallworth drinking and driving and running over someone, granted they were drunk as well and weren't using a crosswalk, but point stands.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
How can you talk about building a forum's credibility back up, then say you're about done with your team in the same post?

Same guy who was speaking so highly of the Pats....

Nothing is less credible than an team that keeps 'dirty' and 'cheaters' around. Sorry I put the organization on top of individuals. I was talking in the sense of them keeping Loomis if this is true BTW.

Saint-Anger_13 and Raves, I get what you guys are saying but I can't simply be an homer. I know Benson is tired of this circus. One has to worry about what this one has done, instead of what that one has done. I love Loomis but he has to go if this is true.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

Same guy who was speaking so highly of the Pats....

Me? I don't care for the Pats, so you must have me mistaken for someone else.

lifeinthaboot wrote:
Nothing is less credible than an team that keeps 'dirty' and 'cheaters' around. Sorry I put the organization on top of individuals. I was talking in the sense of them keeping Loomis if this is true BTW.
I agree, but you were originally talking about this forum's credibility, not the team's credibility. Saying you're done with the Saints, bailing when things get rough, doesn't build forum credibility. It makes us look like fair weather fans. Those are worse than homers honestly.

I do agree with what you're saying, the Saints fans need to stop making this about Goodell, and realize the Saints are in this mess because of what the Saints did. Can Goodell be hypocritical? Yeah, sure he can. But nobody would be complaining about the punishments if the Saints hadn't broken rules, lied, and tried to cover it up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
I agree, but you were originally talking about this forum's credibility, not the team's credibility. Saying you're done with the Saints, bailing when things get rough, doesn't build forum credibility. It makes us look like fair weather fans. Those are worse than homers honestly.

When we (Saints' fans) bring up players raping, shooting and killing is what the I meant by forum's credibility. People keep bringing up what players/individuals did but the outside world sees everything that goes on, concerning the Saints, as an team/organization thing. Much worse. Ownership has to put it's foot down at some point. You just can't let people keep tarnishing the name of the Saints and keeping them around. That is why I'll be done with them if people keep going unpunished, not because it is hard. It is hard to explain but if you want to be an Saint... be an Saint (FO personal anyway).
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we wait and see where this goes? It is possible Loomis may be innocent in this. Anyway it goes, I just want to see football. I could care less about the offseason issues at this point. I just want the season to start.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest about ¨forum credibility¨ i personally brought up those things to make a point of Godell and such other things. We bring this up because it seems if it is not one thing it is another for the Saints.

But until week 1 against the Redskins it wont be pretty, so just wait for the games and wait for some wins guys Very Happy
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
How about we wait and see where this goes? It is possible Loomis may be innocent in this. Anyway it goes, I just want to see football. I could care less about the offseason issues at this point. I just want the season to start.

True. That is why I say if the allegations are true. It seems like it is almost impossible to prove (I hope). Still, this gives other people something to take shots on the Saints. They don't care if it is true or not because ESPN is reporting it.

@Saint-Anger_13 Nobody is mad at you. Speak your mind. Heck, I say alot of crazy things.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two points.

1) The Saints deserve punishment for the bounty scandal. I think that the punishments are too harsh...but I can live with them and life goes on. There is a bigger issue...league hypocracy and the multitude of TBI lawsuits that makes Goodell a stakeholder and partial judge...and I do have a problem with that.

2) There is an allegation against Loomis. Loomis denies the allegation. Thus far there is absolutely no proof known public that the allegations are true. There is a statute of limitations for the wire taping laws, but not for a potential cover-up. It is going to be EXTREMELY difficult to prove the allegations and that there was a cover-up. I am going to hold judgment until more details are revealed.

The Saints screwed up...they are serving their (drastic) suspensions. The Saints may have a down-year with Vitt at the helm...but they will pick things off in 2013. This is still an extremely talented team.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"This has been an intensive investigation, and after numerous interviews we have determined that there is no evidence that state laws have been violated," State Police Col. Mike Edmonson said Monday after meeting with Saints owner Tom Benson in New Orleans to brief him on the status of the probe.

Quote:
"We found no corroborating evidence that Mickey Loomis or anybody in the Saints was engaged in wiretapping or eavesdropping," Edmonson said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8265635/state-police-no-evidence-new-orleans-saints-eavesdropping

not surprising.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Quote:
"This has been an intensive investigation, and after numerous interviews we have determined that there is no evidence that state laws have been violated," State Police Col. Mike Edmonson said Monday after meeting with Saints owner Tom Benson in New Orleans to brief him on the status of the probe.

Quote:
"We found no corroborating evidence that Mickey Loomis or anybody in the Saints was engaged in wiretapping or eavesdropping," Edmonson said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8265635/state-police-no-evidence-new-orleans-saints-eavesdropping

not surprising.

I love how ESPN devoted an entire hour long show to this story, then when it's proven untrue they just run it on the ticker once or twice Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: