Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Allegations against Loomis.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NS922

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow WhoDats, please refrain from defending Loomis and just let it go. We don't need to debate with everyone else about this. I say we just lay low and wait for the season to start and when we whoop everyone's @$$, then we'll talk stuff. Wink
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Allegations against Loomis. Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Does anyone suspect this might be happening more than just an isolated case in New Orleans? Is this just the news media kickin' a franchise when they are down?

Quote:
The U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Louisiana was told Friday that New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis had an electronic device in his Superdome suite that had been secretly re-wired to enable him to eavesdrop on visiting coaching staffs for nearly three NFL seasons, "Outside the Lines" has learned.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games

If this is true, blow up the franchise and start over. It's time.

Well, he never pretended to be a Saint now, did he?

Oh- wait a minute.

Say it ain't so, Loomis- say it ain't so!

Tell us the grand ol' game is clean!
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out guys: http://www.wwltv.com/sports/Analyst-ESPN-reporter-was-on-a-mission-148599525.html

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love seeing you guys justify cheating
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

Who exactly is justifying cheating? Nobody.

If you're not going to constructively add to a conversation, please refrain from posting. We're not looking for a fight, so don't instigate one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

I'm going to love seeing you guys miss the playoffs this season.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruckusmh wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
The ESPN video on this is spot on, this is a ridiculous allegation. Theirs absolutely no competitive advantage to this. Mickey Loomis would need to know EVERY piece of dialogue from every NFL team for this to even be helpful. Then he would need to decipher it in SECONDS and get it down to Sean Payton for him to adjust the defense. I don't buy any of this for a second.

Lets assume, for the sake of this conversation, that Loomis was listening in. Everyone is assuming that this is something that he would have to translate, get to the coaches instantly and then somehow down to the field. Why does this need to be an instant thing? Lets say you play the Falcons, or any other division foe, at home. You hear their tendencies, how they react to different plays, what they know about your own team, etc. You can use all the time provided until you play them again to study this knowledge and apply it to future game planning. Now you know what to look for on the field, how they expect you to react, etc. Its potentially an incredible amount of knowledge there for seeing a team a second time around at any point.

He'd still need to know their termanology. "Run a 45mothaflippin QB snapperoo" doesnt help him 5 minutes from now, it doesnt help him 10 years from now.

It does when he can then watch exactly what the play is as it happens....

You do realize that the other game would then be at their house, if there is even another game... it gives 0 help what-so-ever

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like no one can be fired if they are with the Saints...... Just more BS everyday it seems like it. Rolling Eyes
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

There is nothing to justify considering there is no physical evidence of cheating.

There is a gun in my bedroom. Do I need to justify murder?

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
Saints25-12

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

There is nothing to justify considering there is no physical evidence of cheating.

There is a gun in my bedroom. Do I need to justify murder?

the Patriots cheated, they got a slap on the wrist. We had a pay for performance program which has been morphed into a pay to injure scheme without any proof and got slammed. We haven't cheated and all the ESPN claims are baseless and again don't have any evidence behind them except that something was sent through to the FBI.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again.. this is getting blown way out of proportion. I honestly don't believe that this is true at all.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loomis never denied the bounty scandal but he is denying this one. I am going to have to wait for more proof than an allegation that could very well be false before placing judgment.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints25-12 wrote:
We had a pay for performance program which has been morphed into a pay to injure scheme without any proof and got slammed.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Are you suggesting there is not proof that the Saints had a bounty system in place? Confused

These are the types of statements that bring heat from other fanbases.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this whole thing is frustrating. Goodell to begin with has allowed a huge media storm from the moment they released the knowledge of the bounties. Let it die down a little then come out with the front office penalties. He is waiting till after the draft to hand out player punishments. Why wasn't he able to get the information all together, have a press conference where he details everything, hands out all punishments and then be done with it rather than this drawn out opera.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints25-12 wrote:
this whole thing is frustrating. Goodell to begin with has allowed a huge media storm from the moment they released the knowledge of the bounties. Let it die down a little then come out with the front office penalties. He is waiting till after the draft to hand out player punishments. Why wasn't he able to get the information all together, have a press conference where he details everything, hands out all punishments and then be done with it rather than this drawn out opera.

Goodell said today that punishments are coming "soon." He was waiting on the NFLPA, he isn't coming up with these punishments on his own.

When you're the team in trouble, you can't expect the commish to play by your rules.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: