Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

17th Pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: 17th Pick Reply with quote

Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer insists that the Bengals will not draft a guard with the No. 17 overall pick.
Reedy nailed the Bengals' 2011 draft strategy, adamant that they'd take A.J. Green at No. 4 overall and a quarterback at the top of the second round. They did exactly that. Guard is a need area for Cincinnati this offseason, but it sounds like Stanford OG David DeCastro will not be a consideration with that pick. Reedy lists Michael Floyd, Mark Barron, Melvin Ingram, Quinton Coples, and Michael Brockers as the likeliest targets at No. 17.

No CB?
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect all those guys to be gone.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Decastro is there, he is the pick. He probably will be off the board by then though. Decastro, Floyd, or Defense (S, CB, DT) seems to be the prevailing thought on 17.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ROBERTFREEMAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense to him but everyone had us taking Green, we all knew that and almost everyone had us taking Dalton.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Joe Reedy. If DeCastro is there, he is the pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we won't take DeCastro or Glenn at 17... so what. DeCastro will be gone anyway. Reedy didn't say squat about 21.

All those guys will be gone anyway. So Gilmore is the guy at 17.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
So we won't take DeCastro or Glenn at 17... so what. DeCastro will be gone anyway. Reedy didn't say squat about 21.

All those guys will be gone anyway. So Gilmore is the guy at 17.

I know you can't believe much these days, but it seems Gilmore is flying up boards and has been mentioned as a top 10 pick

futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decastro has a better chance of being there at 17the than floyd imo. But I would take floyd there without hesitation. He's a perfect compliment to AJ on the other side, big superphysical can get separation and makes tough catches with other guys flying around and he is by far the best at run blocking of the wr's in this draft.
antone316

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Pompei of Sports Illustrated is reporting that he doesn't think a Guard will even go 1st round this draft with the exception of maybe Cordy Glenn because he can be a Tackle.

I'm now backing off my position of taking DeCastro, not because of this report, but because with all the talent here in the first round I just don't see us passing on talent for an interior lineman. Those guys truly can be found in later rounds where your skill positions should be addressed early.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antone316 wrote:
Dan Pompei of Sports Illustrated is reporting that he doesn't think a Guard will even go 1st round this draft with the exception of maybe Cordy Glenn because he can be a Tackle.

I'm now backing off my position of taking DeCastro, not because of this report, but because with all the talent here in the first round I just don't see us passing on talent for an interior lineman. Those guys truly can be found in later rounds where your skill positions should be addressed early.

While I agree, look at our past offenses. We thrived when we have Steinbach and Williams. Our run game was fantastic and Carson had all day to throw. We have not had that since then and our passing attack has lacked. Now i am not saying that G play is the only reason, but it was a huge part of our success in 2006 and before.

Yes, G's can be found later but drafting a guy who could be an all pro for a decade is not something you should easily pass on.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the draft chatter is to be believed, it may be more likely that Decastro is there than Gilmore.

Paul Alexander spent an entire day with Decastro, we talked to him at the combine, we were there for the Stanford pro day. If Decastro is there at 17, he is our starting RG on MNF against Baltimore.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
antone316

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
If the draft chatter is to be believed, it may be more likely that Decastro is there than Gilmore.

Paul Alexander spent an entire day with Decastro, we talked to him at the combine, we were there for the Stanford pro day. If Decastro is there at 17, he is our starting RG on MNF against Baltimore.

I'm typically right there with you in your thoughts Duke but I have to stand against you on this one. I firmly believe DeCastro will be there at 17 and he will not be selected by us. Let's put a cyber beer on this one. I truly believe that if he's there at 21 we look elsewhere as well.

I'm sitting here listening to Jeff Reedy and Geoff Hobson on Lance McAlister talking draft and Hobson just put it best.

"No way does Mike Brown trade Carson Palmer for a Guard"

I'm with you Geoff, I'm with you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If DeCastro is available and the Benglas pass on him, I don't know what I would do. He has to be the pick if he is there.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antone316 wrote:
I'm typically right there with you in your thoughts Duke but I have to stand against you on this one. I firmly believe DeCastro will be there at 17 and he will not be selected by us. Let's put a cyber beer on this one. I truly believe that if he's there at 21 we look elsewhere as well.

I'm sitting here listening to Jeff Reedy and Geoff Hobson on Lance McAlister talking draft and Hobson just put it best.

"No way does Mike Brown trade Carson Palmer for a Guard"

I'm with you Geoff, I'm with you.

General rule of thumb for the draft, whatever Hobson says believe the opposite when it comes to the Bengals...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another rule: Don't believe anything you hear from team officials or their websites the last two weeks befrore the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: