Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Passing on Blackmon at #7 but for who?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
If we pass on the top 5 and Blackmon, I'd want Alshon Jeffery. His weight problem is overblown. He says we was given advice to play at a bigger weight and did. But I'd say his lack of production this year had more to do with the QB situation than with his play. Even at a bigger weight he ran circles around Alphonso Dennard in the bowl game.

The whole offseason he's worked very hard to get down in weight and to do well in the drills, and did better than Floyd or Blackmon in the 3 cone drill and the short shuttle(and all 3 did those events at their pro day so don't give me some weak excuse about it). Either he has a much better work ethic than the both of them, or he really is more agile than them. Along with having just as good long speed as the both of them. And he hasn't been in trouble.

I don't understand people thinking he's a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.


I'm not a fan of Gilmore, especially in the top 10. However I'd like him at 7th overall better than Janoris Jenkins in the 1st or 2nd.

Im with ya Farley, been a Jeffery Fan all year. If we reach on anyone at 7, I hope its Jeffery.
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Hey Jags fans. I just have a quick question. Who had more say in the draft last year, Del Rio or Gene Smith? I'm going to create a mock, and I'm trying to find out how likely it is that you all would draft Tannehill.


Gene Smith and Terry McD.
They wont, Gabbert, Gene, and Mularkey are all tied the hip...if in 3 years, Gabbert isn't what they thought, all 3 will be gone.
I'd have to disagree. Do you really think Gabbert will get 4 years on the team if he doesn't improve significantly. I think him and Gene have 2 years max unless Gabbert makes a big improvement.

If Gabbert doesn't improve this year at all I could see Khan getting rid of Gene and Gabbert by the end of the season, while not firing Mularkey. Mularkey didn't draft Gabbert and with Gene Smith still here I don't think Mularkey will have as much say in the upcoming draft as most HCs do.

Agreed, I could see both being gone this year, If Gabbert has another horrid year, Mularkey will stay & will help develop whatever QB we draft next year.
He did a great job with Matt Ryan & helping him.develop him into a NFL QB.
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1068
Location: jax
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
If we pass on the top 5 and Blackmon, I'd want Alshon Jeffery. His weight problem is overblown. He says we was given advice to play at a bigger weight and did. But I'd say his lack of production this year had more to do with the QB situation than with his play. Even at a bigger weight he ran circles around Alphonso Dennard in the bowl game.

The whole offseason he's worked very hard to get down in weight and to do well in the drills, and did better than Floyd or Blackmon in the 3 cone drill and the short shuttle(and all 3 did those events at their pro day so don't give me some weak excuse about it). Either he has a much better work ethic than the both of them, or he really is more agile than them. Along with having just as good long speed as the both of them. And he hasn't been in trouble.

I don't understand people thinking he's a late 1st or early 2nd round pick.


I'm not a fan of Gilmore, especially in the top 10. However I'd like him at 7th overall better than Janoris Jenkins in the 1st or 2nd.
I've also never bought into his "character" problems. I think his actual value is closer to where it was at the beginning of the season than where most people it is now. I'd be scrupulous at 7 but I'd be ok trading back into the first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4697
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-04-24/story/prospective-jaguars-can-leave-their-baggage-door


Quote:
Given Smith’s emphasis on character, some have speculated whether the Jaguars might even pass on Blackmon if he fell to them. Todd Monken, the former Jaguars’ receivers coach who left more than a year ago to become Oklahoma State’s offensive coordinator, thinks his former employer has done enough work on Blackmon to feel comfortable about drafting him.

Several Jaguars employees — player personnel director Terry McDonough, national scout Andy Dengler, pro scout Chris Driggers and regional scout Chris Prescott — have been to the Oklahoma State campus to eyeball Blackmon.

“Multiple [Jaguars’] guys have done their due diligence on Justin [Blackmon],” Monken said. “When an organization wants to put a lot of money into a player, they’re trying to shrink the margin for error. From the Jaguars’ standpoint, I think they feel pretty good about it. I think they feel comfortable watching the film and judging his skill set. The tough part is trying to find out what makes a guy tick.

“They’ve asked questions and I’ve given everything I know [on Blackmon] to try and help them. I think the Jaguars feel pretty good about both the football part and character standpoint.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80349
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-04-24/story/prospective-jaguars-can-leave-their-baggage-door


Quote:
Given Smith’s emphasis on character, some have speculated whether the Jaguars might even pass on Blackmon if he fell to them. Todd Monken, the former Jaguars’ receivers coach who left more than a year ago to become Oklahoma State’s offensive coordinator, thinks his former employer has done enough work on Blackmon to feel comfortable about drafting him.

Several Jaguars employees — player personnel director Terry McDonough, national scout Andy Dengler, pro scout Chris Driggers and regional scout Chris Prescott — have been to the Oklahoma State campus to eyeball Blackmon.

“Multiple [Jaguars’] guys have done their due diligence on Justin [Blackmon],” Monken said. “When an organization wants to put a lot of money into a player, they’re trying to shrink the margin for error. From the Jaguars’ standpoint, I think they feel pretty good about it. I think they feel comfortable watching the film and judging his skill set. The tough part is trying to find out what makes a guy tick.

“They’ve asked questions and I’ve given everything I know [on Blackmon] to try and help them. I think the Jaguars feel pretty good about both the football part and character standpoint.”


I forgot Monken was over there. Wonder if Gene is asking Todd about Justin
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6429
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-04-24/story/prospective-jaguars-can-leave-their-baggage-door


Quote:
Given Smith’s emphasis on character, some have speculated whether the Jaguars might even pass on Blackmon if he fell to them. Todd Monken, the former Jaguars’ receivers coach who left more than a year ago to become Oklahoma State’s offensive coordinator, thinks his former employer has done enough work on Blackmon to feel comfortable about drafting him.

Several Jaguars employees — player personnel director Terry McDonough, national scout Andy Dengler, pro scout Chris Driggers and regional scout Chris Prescott — have been to the Oklahoma State campus to eyeball Blackmon.

“Multiple [Jaguars’] guys have done their due diligence on Justin [Blackmon],” Monken said. “When an organization wants to put a lot of money into a player, they’re trying to shrink the margin for error. From the Jaguars’ standpoint, I think they feel pretty good about it. I think they feel comfortable watching the film and judging his skill set. The tough part is trying to find out what makes a guy tick.

“They’ve asked questions and I’ve given everything I know [on Blackmon] to try and help them. I think the Jaguars feel pretty good about both the football part and character standpoint.”


I forgot Monken was over there. Wonder if Gene is asking Todd about Justin


I think that's a given.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to get Blackmon if you have a chance at him. This FO has been given TONS of chances (too many in my opinion)...and if they find a way of screwing this one up fans will be unforgiving. You DO NOT PASS on Blackmon unless you have a trade partner that is willing to give up the Kings ransom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80349
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
You have to get Blackmon if you have a chance at him. This FO has been given TONS of chances (too many in my opinion)...and if they find a way of screwing this one up fans will be unforgiving. You DO NOT PASS on Blackmon unless you have a trade partner that is willing to give up the Kings ransom.


I kind of agree with you there, but if we move even with him on the board, I'd be okay with that
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group