Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Value of Pierre Thomas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Value of Pierre Thomas Reply with quote

With Ellis moving on to the Bengals, the pats may be interested in a vet RB
to split time and mentor Ridley and Vereen,

With Ivory coming along behind Ingram and Sproles, and with the saints down 3 top picks between this year and next would this trade interest Saint fans?

Thomas and the 89th pick for pick 62. According to a trade value chart it places a value of a late 3rd on Thomas. This also frees up about 2mill in cap room for the saints

This benefits the pats as they only have 6 picks this year and with Light retiring a developmental tackle may be targeted in the 3rd to back up Solder.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Value of Pierre Thomas Reply with quote

patman wrote:
With Ellis moving on to the Bengals, the pats may be interested in a vet RB
to split time and mentor Ridley and Vereen,

With Ivory coming along behind Ingram and Sproles, and with the saints down 3 top picks between this year and next would this trade interest Saint fans?

Thomas and the 89th pick for pick 62. According to a trade value chart it places a value of a late 3rd on Thomas. This also frees up about 2mill in cap room for the saints

This benefits the pats as they only have 6 picks this year and with Light retiring a developmental tackle may be targeted in the 3rd to back up Solder.

Interesting... but I'd lean toward no. Thomas brings too much to the Saints for this to be a viable option. Just my opinion though Wink

^NS922 on the sig^
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't really give up on Ingram and Ivory has shown flashes to be an beast, Sproles is too valuable to be entertained about being traded, so that leaves old faithful (Thomas) to be traded. It is easy on paper when looking at our RBs that Thomas might be the one you might want to let go, but the guy is our overall best back. Maybe if Ingram was better in the passing game then I might want to trade Thomas but maybe Thomas being here is holding Ingram back.... Tough call. Personally, I would love to keep Sproles and Ivory, but it is an toss up on Ingram and Thomas.

Keeping four RBs is tough. Barring injuries, there won't be an enough touches.
patman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, I think the Pats will end up signing Addai or Grant .

Thomas is a guy that intriques me, Not a guy that you want to give 200 snaps to, but somebody to step on the field in 3rd downs, pretty much a Kevin Faulk replacement. I thought with Sproles having that locked down
and with a first invested in Ingram a trade would be advantageous to both sides.
wow_junky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't ship Thomas, we need him now whilst Brees is still going strong. At the moment Ingram is 4th in the pecking order for me, he needs to show up big time next season to warrant a spot over Ivory on the roster
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PT is probably the beast RB we have, simply because of his well-rounded skillset. He's quick and agile like Sproles, but can still run people over and bounce of them to continue big runs like Ivory/Ingram. In reality, if i were to trade him, it would be next year. Provided we get production out of Ingram and/or Ivory... Sproles stays regardless. Cool

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
PT is probably the beast RB we have

nice Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IŽd let him go for a good price, because a RB is a dime a dozen. If it were a different position I would say no, but it is not.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Value of Pierre Thomas Reply with quote

If Mark Ingram wasn't dealing with his injury issues and we were getting 2nd round value in return I'd consider it... then I's decline!

PT is simply the best Blocking/Ball security/Tough yardage Back we have and has developed into quite a leader on this offense. I understand his time in Nawlins is ticking with the pressence of Ingram but now is just not the time to make a trade... maybe next offseason if Ingram breaks out.

WhoDat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
SaintsBeast wrote:
PT is probably the beast RB we have

nice Laughing

That was intentional. Cool

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: