Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thought for the Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Thought for the Draft Reply with quote

With all the rumors circling Roman Harper pertaining to a lengthy suspension this week; I think our first selection is a DB. Preferrably a hard hitting Safety with good range such as Brandon Taylor from LSU. The problem with this is that him, or someone of his caliber will probably be gone by our pick in the third round. I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself, and our Saints trade up once again in this years draft. Harper being one dimensional on top of the possible suspension he is facing is why I see us using our first pick on this position. We aren't completely familiar with Spags system yet, and who knows if he wants a run stuffing Safety or more of a thumper that can play the pass too. Sorry if this was written with bad grammar, I'm posting from my phone and I wanted to know what you guys thought.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think getting a DB with our first pick is a wise choice. Would need to be an NFL ready player though. This way we can kill two birds with one stone.

^NS922 on the sig^
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If were replacing Harper it needs to be a veteran. We can't bank on a 3rd round rookie coming in and performing.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad the Saints are out if cap space. I wouldn't mind a guy like Y. Bell who was released from Miami. He's always struck me as a faster/better in coverage version of Harper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Too bad the Saints are out if cap space. I wouldn't mind a guy like Y. Bell who was released from Miami. He's always struck me as a faster/better in coverage version of Harper

We'll actually gain cap space from the Drew Brees deal and once suspensions are handed out we'll gain cap from that as well.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

We'll actually gain cap space from the Drew Brees deal and once suspensions are handed out we'll gain cap from that as well.

How are they going to gain from the Brees deal? When he gets his 21m+, that's going to eat up even more space I would think. Please explain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

How are they going to gain from the Brees deal? When he gets his 21m+, that's going to eat up even more space I would think. Please explain

Right now hes making 14M, all of which is taking cap space. When he gets his deal it'll likely only count for 10-12 million against the cap and the other money will be incentives and pro rated signing bonus which do NOT count against the cap.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just speaking in terms of now. Right now we don't have the cap space to sign a free agent. I'd like to sign Bell though.. The last time we signed a veteran Safety it turned out pretty well for us. Wink

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Right now hes making 14M, all of which is taking cap space. When he gets his deal it'll likely only count for 10-12 million against the cap and the other money will be incentives and pro rated signing bonus which do NOT count against the cap.

bingo. We will be better off cap-wise once Brees gets signed.

LOL at all the people in the NFL news forum who think brees won't be signed Laughing They are refusing to believe that Loomis actually knows what he's doing.

Can't wait for all the anger when Brees is signed Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:

Please remember that Jonathon Amaya and FA Isa Abdul Quddas did play a bit last year especially toward the end. I am in favor of drafting someone for depth, but not with picks 3 or 4 unless they are the best player available. Both of the above show promise. Let's allow them to show us what they have. I do think a safety in the last three picks would be a good idea. I think CB/FS/SS Justin Bethel in the fifth or Corey White of Samford in the seventh.
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:

So you'll rather lose gams than pay Brees? I swear, some of you are something else. Guy turned the worse franchise around, won it a Super Bowl, brought so much to the team and city in-and-out of football..... and you don't want to pay him Crying or Very sad. That is the one guy I WILL NEVER complain about getting paid but you guys do it.

You guys wanted players like Harper.... now deal with it! I'll stick to my guy.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

So you'll rather lose gams than pay Brees? I swear, some of you are something else. Guy turned the worse franchise around, won it a Super Bowl, brought so much to the team and city in-and-out of football..... and you don't want to pay him Crying or Very sad. That is the one guy I WILL NEVER complain about getting paid but you guys do it.

What? He was simply asking how signing Brees would clear up more cap space, and that's been explained.

How did you interpret that into him not wanting Brees? Confused Confused Confused

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Uhh, err, hmm. You been drinkin boot? I think you need to reread my post and the few that came before it Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Ill add my two cents Very Happy

First draft pick should be either a WLB or SS, but really I remember high hopes of chip vaughn. but he was released and picked up by the broncos Rolling Eyes

but really If we pick up a WLB with our first pick, we can bring a veteran in to fill SS and look for a raw SS to groom or be Spags project.

Also signing Drew Brees would be on the level of slapping my manager in the face with my own excrement in my palm. (sorry but he is a Falcons fan, and also Matt Ryan is better than brees so he says)
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget we'll be likely cutting Vilma soon so that clears up A LOT of cap space

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: