Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 regular season schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was over in the Raiders schedule thread and what is the biggest topic there??? You guessed it, the Denver Broncos...think they're worried ??? Cool

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.

Last edited by Cutler06 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The schedule is brutal to start off, but if we can win half those tough games we'll be in a good position.

Record? I think 10-6 or 11-5, but ask me after the draft.
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Also, sweeping the division should be pretty easy. OAK and SD are awful. KC has no QB.

That's just silly... I dont care if we have Peyton Manning. The Chargers and Chiefs are still very talented football teams. Sweeping a division is extremely rare, and like i said before just because we have PM it doesn't mask that our d-line is a flat out joke. With RB's like DMC, Charles, Hillis, and even Ryan Matthews, it's going to be very tough to win some of those games.

Elite QBs can actually mask a lot of things. For example the Pats aside from Gronk, Welker and Hernandez had nobody worth noting in the entire offense. The defense aside from Wilfork is laughable up and down the roster yet we finished 13-3 with a trip to the super bowl.... Ok may be that is over exaggerating a little as we do have other solid players but none of them are pro bowlers. Manning will help you pull out a Win out of the claws of defeat in some games this season.

I couldnt agree more, but I think a lot of posters around here think that Manning is going to come into this offense and we are just gonna roll. While I hope this is the case, I dont believe it will be that easy. There is going to be a learning curve for this offense and its players and its going to take some time to to get rolling. With the difficult early schedule, we could find ourselves in a serious hole after the first two months.
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
The Third Rider wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Also, sweeping the division should be pretty easy. OAK and SD are awful. KC has no QB.

That's just silly... I dont care if we have Peyton Manning. The Chargers and Chiefs are still very talented football teams. Sweeping a division is extremely rare, and like i said before just because we have PM it doesn't mask that our d-line is a flat out joke. With RB's like DMC, Charles, Hillis, and even Ryan Matthews, it's going to be very tough to win some of those games.

Elite QBs can actually mask a lot of things. For example the Pats aside from Gronk, Welker and Hernandez had nobody worth noting in the entire offense. The defense aside from Wilfork is laughable up and down the roster yet we finished 13-3 with a trip to the super bowl.... Ok may be that is over exaggerating a little as we do have other solid players but none of them are pro bowlers. Manning will help you pull out a Win out of the claws of defeat in some games this season.

I couldnt agree more, but I think a lot of posters around here think that Manning is going to come into this offense and we are just gonna roll. While I hope this is the case, I dont believe it will be that easy. There is going to be a learning curve for this offense and its players and its going to take some time to to get rolling. With the difficult early schedule, we could find ourselves in a serious hole after the first two months.

A guy like Peyton wont need more then 2-3 weeks to get rolling with a new offense. He is way too cerebral and physically talented to just not pick it up right away. As long as you guys can get a decent running game going and one or two reliable targets emerge from that offense you guys will be a force. Even as a Pats fan I can't deny that Peyton is a beast, he can work with little.

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Was over in the Raiders schedule thread and what is the biggest topic there??? You guessed it, the Denver Broncos...think they're worried ??? Cool

Think you should have seen where it originated. Jtagg in his prediction was touting the Denver Oline. He got called out and it's been the conversation.

Regardless, it's the Manning effect. He's the big new name in the division and the consensus is they are the favorite for the division.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Think you should have seen where it originated. Jtagg in his prediction was touting the Denver Oline. He got called out and it's been the conversation.

Regardless, it's the Manning effect. He's the big new name in the division and the consensus is they are the favorite for the division.

Got that right !!

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Got that right !!

Going to look silly if it doesn't happen though. Manning instantly made the Bronco's the NFL's darlings. 5 primetime games! Hope it plays out as well as the NFL wants it too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Got that right !!

Going to look silly if it doesn't happen though. Manning instantly made the Bronco's the NFL's darlings. 5 primetime games! Hope it plays out as well as the NFL wants it too.

And personally, I'm lovin' it. Basically a dream come true after following them religiously for the last 15 years.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It of course will depend upon what we do in the draft and what, if any, major injuries to key players occur the preseason or in training camp, but here is my rough sketch of how the season should play out.

1. vs PIT: W
2. at ATL: L
3. vs HOU: L
4. vs OAK: W
5. at NE: L
6. at SD: L
7. bye
8. vs NO: W
9. at CIN: W
10. at CAR: W
11. vs SD: W
12. at KC: L
13. vs TB: W
14. at OAK: W
15. at BAL: L
16. vs CLE: W
17. vs KC: W

That's 10-6.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
It of course will depend upon what we do in the draft and what, if any, major injuries to key players occur the preseason or in training camp, but here is my rough sketch of how the season should play out.

7. bye

That's 10-6.

i don't see how we will lose to atl and hou, especially hou. i also can't see us beating oak twice.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
i don't see how we will lose to atl and hou, especially hou. i also can't see us beating oak twice.

Atlanta RARELY loses in that dome. It seems New Orleans is the only team to beat them at home in the Smith/Ryan era. Plus we will be coming off an emotional home opener against an elite team and traveling to east coast for a night game.

Houston, if you remember, was on the fast track to the #1 seed in the AFC last year before Schaub went down. They were also without Arian Foster and Andre Johnson during some stretches last year. They're an elite team as long as they're healthy. Their offense can score with ours and their defense is probably a tick or two better, even without Super Mario.

But who knows. I think we're a better team than Oakland but that doesn't mean we will beat them twice. I also think we're a better team than San Diego and KC but I have using splitting the season with each of those two. Again, every year there's games we should win that we lose and ones that we should win but lose, it's the nature of the NFL.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:

Atlanta RARELY loses in that dome. It seems New Orleans is the only team to beat them at home in the Smith/Ryan era. Plus we will be coming off an emotional home opener against an elite team and traveling to east coast for a night game.

Houston, if you remember, was on the fast track to the #1 seed in the AFC last year before Schaub went down. They were also without Arian Foster and Andre Johnson during some stretches last year. They're an elite team as long as they're healthy. Their offense can score with ours and their defense is probably a tick or two better, even without Super Mario.

But who knows. I think we're a better team than Oakland but that doesn't mean we will beat them twice. I also think we're a better team than San Diego and KC but I have using splitting the season with each of those two. Again, every year there's games we should win that we lose and ones that we should win but lose, it's the nature of the NFL.

those are some legit points, you'll get no argument from me.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

7. bye

That's 10-6.

Alright, here's mine.

1. vs PIT: W - Too Easy.
2. at ATL: W - Manning continues what Elway started
3. vs HOU: L - Kubiak still haunts us
4. vs OAK: W - Come on.
5. at NE: L - Tom Brady
6. at SD: L - Phillip Rivers
7. bye
8. vs NO: W - Revenge.
9. at CIN: W - Bungles.
10. at CAR: L - Cam Newton?
11. vs SD: W - not 0-2
12. at KC: W - Can't beat us.
13. vs TB: W - Sorry, you either.
14. at OAK: W - oops. 2-0.
15. at BAL: W - big game. Super bowl favorites?
16. vs CLE: W - finish
17. vs KC: W - strong.

12-4.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:

Atlanta RARELY loses in that dome. It seems New Orleans is the only team to beat them at home in the Smith/Ryan era.

We! We!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281116001

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of silly to make a record prediction before the draft, but i'll give mine anyways... I say we go 10-6. The division is not a lock though. I might sound like a broken record, but i think KC will end up edging us to win the AFC West. But Denver still get's in as a wild-card.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: