Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2012 Schedule: Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellerman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that the Vikings could surprise some people next year. We won't be starting a rookie at QB, we'll have Cook back, and we won't be facing a brutal schedule.

It's what happened to the Bucs a few years ago. They had a weak schedule, Freeman looked good, and they almost made the play-offs. The next season their schedule was brutal, and everything fell apart.

I'm hoping the Vikings can do things the other way around. This season could be the catalyst to winning back confidence. Play-offs are probably out of hte question, if only because of the fact that we are in one of the best divisions in football. 8-8, while not my expectation, is not out of the question, and that would be a good season, coming off 3 wins.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best guess right now is 6-10.

Just as we see other teams as ripe for the picking, I'm sure other teams see us as ripe for the picking.

Peppers90 on the sig.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite backloaded schedule. Of the six division games, we have 5 in the last 7 games. That's unusual. This also means that the division most probably will be still very open after 9 games. That favors us in the circumstances we are currently in.

Of course, we would need to start out 5-4 or better for this to be a reality. And 5-4 in the first 9 is not out of the question.

Realistically, I see us winning 6 to 8 games.
PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the back end is horrible but atleast we can have fun for a little while?
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way the schedule unfolds. I think one of the major issues last year was the deflating start to the season and the way those games went. If the team had played as well in the 2nd halves of the first 3 games that they did in the first halves, the season likely could have gone much differently and they wouldn't be in the position to draft Kalil.

If they can get off to a good start, I could see them threatening to go .500, which would be more than I would have expected a few weeks ago.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
this providence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags vs Vikings
Vikings vs Colts
49ers vs Vikings
Vikings vs Lions
Titans vs Vikings
Vikings vs Skins
Cardinals vs Vikings
Bucs vs Vikings
Vikings vs Seahawks
Lions vs Vikings
Vikings vs Bears
Vikings vs Packers
Bears vs Vikings
Vikings vs Rams
Vikings vs Texans
Packers vs Vikings

Can't see the Vikings starting well, even with their weak-ish opening schedule due to Peterson likely not being himself early. Also think MJD will run through this D as currently constructed. There's a few games in there where I could see the team winning (namely at Colts, Redskins, Seahawks) but seeing as they're on the road, ya, I just can't see this team going on the road and expecting a win anytime soon. They most certainly aren't competing at all in this division as that's a clean sweep looming.

2-14, which would put them in line for the top pick or so, sounds about right.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ All the negativity in this town sucks. Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
this providence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

That's called realism. You honestly believe that the team you watched last year won't be among the worst in the league this year? With the division they play in? Adding no one of note throughout the entire offseason? Be real.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
disaacs wrote:

That's called realism. You honestly believe that the team you watched last year won't be among the worst in the league this year? With the division they play in? Adding no one of note throughout the entire offseason? Be real.

I was just kidding, hence the wink. I have no problem with you, or anyone else for that matter, suggesting that they go 2-14 with valid reasoning, such as you have.

Honestly though, I do think they can go better than 2-14. They're certainly not going to go 12-4 or anything like that, but can they go 6-10 or 7-9? Absolutely.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
this providence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
6-10 or 7-9? Absolutely.

I'd call that sort of projection high end, best case scenario given this team is all but guaranteed to finish last in this division. While winning 2 may be perceived as low end, hard to see where on this roster you're going to find a great increase of production/development. And if the bell cow isn't ready, especially early where the schedule is somewhat manageable, the season is going to look awfully bad.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the range is probably between 2-6 wins, this in the NFL, games are often very close, and teams can go up and down quickly, if Ponder comes out and plays great, the Vikings can win 6, if he plays poorly they can win 2. People laughed a couple of years ago when I said in the mock draft forum (do to complaining about guessed order) that injuries can happen that make a drastic difference, and the Colts are an example of that. I think that 2-5 wins is reasonable, and anything over that is gravy, but this is the NFL, so you never know.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another perspective:

Even better for the Vikings is the willingness for the schedule-makers to get the Soldier Field monkey off the Vikings’ back. The Vikings have lost the last four games at Chicago and 10 of the last 11. But, thanks to luck or karma or a scheduling snafu, the Vikings are going to get as big an advantage as they possibly can when they make their annual pilgrimage to the house that Halas built this year. When the Vikings meet Chicago in Week 12, Minnesota will be coming off of a bye week – two full weeks of healing and prep time. The Bears will have two days to prepare for the Vikings. In Week 11, they play on Monday night at San Francisco. Tuesday and Wednesday will be effectively out of the question as far as practices go, leaving them just two full practice sessions for on-field preparations for the Vikings. If the Vikings are on a roll when the bye week hits, this advantage could be enormous.

The final six games are a minefield of bad for the Vikings – two games each with the Packers and Bears and road games against St. Louis and Houston. But, once again, the schedule-makers allowed the Vikings to control their own divisional destiny late in the season. Given the uncertainty as to when Adrian Peterson will be available – or at full strength – saving their games with the Packers and Bears until after Thanksgiving is an added bonus for a team that needs as much help as the league would allow.

http://min.scout.com/2/1178811.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how have we all been doing on our predictions from last spring?

I think the Vikes have surprised all of us - pleasantly, I might add! Very Happy
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has been gravedigging!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: