Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MJD Skipping Workouts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
Bad meets Evil wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I would trade him.
Give me a Clinton Portis type deal...I know they don't have a Champ Bailey...but Give me several firsts, for a man 27 and coming off a rushing title...I know I am in the minority but he is going to want a new phat contract, and while I think he deserves to stay, ala Freddy, he isn't worth 100m at his age and mileage...

Agreed. If he is wanting a big time contract I'd trade him for a first and second rounder.

those better be some high picks, he is worth more to this team than a mid 1st and mid 2nd.

MJD is worth more to this team than he would be to another team trying to trade for him

Yeah that is not near enough. & Early 1st & Early 2nd or two 1sts in teen range.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
said before he will retire a Jag

So did Fred.

And Fred did.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

So did Fred.

And Fred did.

Well that doesn't help your argument.

Oh, I'm sure MJD will make it official one day, but I seriously doubt his final game will be for the Jaguars.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

So did Fred.

And Fred did.

Oh, I'm sure MJD will make it official one day, but I seriously doubt his final game will be for the Jaguars.

I think it will, even if its a 1day signing to Retire a Jag.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

So did Fred.

And Fred did.

I said his last game wouldn't be as a Jaguar. You don't play any football with a one day contract. Of course he'll sign one of those.

- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

So did Fred.

And Fred did.

I said his last game wouldn't be as a Jaguar. You don't play any football with a one day contract. Of course he'll sign one of those.

Oh i agrer with you there, I think now would the best time to, If we were going to trade him, Every year we wait, will be less we get.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

So did Fred.

And Fred did.

Oh i agrer with you there, I think now would the best time to, If we were going to trade him, Every year we wait, will be less we get.

Agreed. He'l never have more value than he has right now. Unfortunately, that's not first round value, even though many of us don't want to believe that.

- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

So did Fred.

And Fred did.

Agreed. He'l never have more value than he has right now. Unfortunately, that's not first round value, even though many of us don't want to believe that.

Think he has enough value to bring in a 2nd & 3rd?

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:

Probably something like that. The problem is the position he plays and the miles on his legs. I can't imagine there are many teams who would even consider being in the trade market for a runningback.

- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

Probably something like that. The problem is the position he plays and the miles on his legs. I can't imagine there are many teams who would even consider being in the trade market for a runningback.

I hear ya, He has had more wear & tear then any RB in.the league, which dont.help.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I would trade him.
Give me a Clinton Portis type deal...I know they don't have a Champ Bailey...but Give me several firsts, for a man 27 and coming off a rushing title...I know I am in the minority but he is going to want a new phat contract, and while I think he deserves to stay, ala Freddy, he isn't worth 100m at his age and mileage...
Portis had only played 3 seasons at that point whereas MJD has already played 6 there's no way a Champ like deal would happen. But a 1st much less 2 for a RB who is the best but has a ton of mileage isn't going to happen. Maybe a year ago but he has nearly 1,700 touches in his short career.

Get off are forum, Give 2firsts & hes yours. If u.wont accept, dont.comment.again.
Lol wut?

In today's NFL no RB with that much mileage is going to get 2 1st much less 1 1st. And there isn't even a single rumor Denver is interested in MJD. It was brought up as an idea on an NFL Network talk show that's it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I would trade him.
Portis had only played 3 seasons at that point whereas MJD has already played 6 there's no way a Champ like deal would happen. But a 1st much less 2 for a RB who is the best but has a ton of mileage isn't going to happen. Maybe a year ago but he has nearly 1,700 touches in his short career.

Get off are forum, Give 2firsts & hes yours. If u.wont accept, dont.comment.again.
Lol wut?

In today's NFL no RB with that much mileage is going to get 2 1st much less 1 1st. And there isn't even a single rumor Denver is interested in MJD. It was brought up as an
idea on an NFL Network talk show that's it.

Which is why I said it, Bc Its clearly not happening, & its just something brought up.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
I would trade him.

Lol wut?

In today's NFL no RB with that much mileage is going to get 2 1st much less 1 1st. And there isn't even a single rumor Denver is interested in MJD. It was brought up as an
idea on an NFL Network talk show that's it.

Which is why I said it, Bc Its clearly not happening, & its just something brought up.

Pump the brakes bro, he isnt hating on MJD. He is right, the value of RBs isnt nearly as high because of the mileage that even elite ones have

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

I hear ya, He has had more wear & tear then any RB in.the league, which dont.help.

What the heck are you talking about?

Steven Jackson has nearly 700 more carries in his NFL career than MJD, and has had more injury problems. Frank Gore has had more carries and more injuries than him.

He has 80 or so more carries than Peterson, but Peterson has been in the NFL 1 less season. Peterson's averaged more carries per season even though he missed about half of last season. And obviously Peterson's been more injured than MJD in their careers so far.

Chris Johnson has averaged about 50 more carries per season than MJD in his 4 year career, while missing about the same amount of games to injury as MJD.

How does MJD have more tear(injuries) than any RB in the league? You said wear and tear, which I think means carries and injuries. He's only missed 2 games to injury in his career.

And his amount of carries recently is being blown out of proportion. This past year was his only season with over 320 carries and it was only tied for 64th most carries in a season. Heck, Fred Taylor had more carries in a season(345) at a later age (27) than what MJD did. And no, Fred Taylor's legs didn't fall of a season or two after that, lol
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyfarley wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:

What the heck are you talking about?

Steven Jackson has nearly 700 more carries in his NFL career than MJD, and has had more injury problems. Frank Gore has had more carries and more injuries than him.

He has 80 or so more carries than Peterson, but Peterson has been in the NFL 1 less season. Peterson's averaged more carries per season even though he missed about half of last season. And obviously Peterson's been more injured than MJD in their careers so far.

Chris Johnson has averaged about 50 more carries per season than MJD in his 4 year career, while missing about the same amount of games to injury as MJD.

How does MJD have more tear(injuries) than any RB in the league? You said wear and tear, which I think means carries and injuries. He's only missed 2 games to injury in his career.

And his amount of carries recently is being blown out of proportion. This past year was his only season with over 320 carries and it was only tied for 64th most carries in a season. Heck, Fred Taylor had more carries in a season(345) at a later age (27) than what MJD did. And no, Fred Taylor's legs didn't fall of a season or two after that, lol

I was meaning injuries, I was meaning workload and carries.
MJD carried the whole offense on his back, he didnt run against normal defenses, teams had are offense figured out, They knew we couldnt.throw the football, so we they stacked.the box on him, which every yard he earned was far more earnes than.any RB. I meant as if he carried us on.his shoulders. He took a beaten last year. I think.this year will be a lil better for him.bc.i.think.we will have a enhanced passing game. which will.take.the pressure off of.MJD

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: