Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Schedule Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
Wait, fire the GM who just signed a 3 year contract extension near Thanksgiving? Fire the guy who has made a very solid core of players with barely any off-the-field incidents? Fire the guy who had our group 1 game away from winning the division 2 out of the last 3 years with all of our QB changes? smh Rolling Eyes

Or you could look at it as firing the guy who originally said we were only 2 years from the playoffs four years ago himself.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
Wait, fire the GM who just signed a 3 year contract extension near Thanksgiving? Fire the guy who has made a very solid core of players with barely any off-the-field incidents? Fire the guy who had our group 1 game away from winning the division 2 out of the last 3 years with all of our QB changes? smh Rolling Eyes

Or you could look at it as firing the guy who originally said we were only 2 years from the playoffs four years ago himself.

Gene Smith didn't say we were two years away from the playoffs in 2008, the year after we made playoffs and the year before he received the job as GM.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene may have made some questionable moves in the draft, but in free agency he has done very well. Surprised some people hate him so much

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:

I agree Skater, Gene Smith has not drafted one Pro Bowler yet, He has only been GM for.3 years, but still. It dates all the way back to 2006 since we drafted guys who ended up.becoming Pro.Bowlers. Mercedes & MJD.
I have not been impressed with Gene Smith so far, to.be honest.the only.pick ive been crediting him for is Derek Cox. Alualu has been solid, but not what we should of gotten for such a high reach & pick.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we really going to judge Gene by pro bowlers? There's no way to call that stupid in a nice way.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Are we really going to judge Gene by pro bowlers? There's no way to call that stupid in a nice way.

Im just saying thats one way we could judge him, He asnt exactly done a great job drafting, & if.you.think.he has thats stupid. This years draft could change my opinion.but.as of now, Im not a fan of Gene.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

Im just saying thats one way we could judge him, He asnt exactly done a great job drafting, & if.you.think.he has thats stupid. This years draft could change my opinion.but.as of now, Im not a fan of Gene.

It's painful to try to reason with this type of fan. Just keep watching SportsCenter and being pissy because it's apparently Gene's fault our players don't rank high on the Hype Meter.

- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

It's painful to try to reason with this type of fan. Just keep watching SportsCenter and being pissy because it's apparently Gene's fault our players don't rank high on the Hype Meter.

haha are you serious? your a joke. How can you be high on.Gene Smith.right now, He reached on Alualu who has been solid, & traded up to draft Gabbert who was arguabley the worst QB in the league.
I like Gabbert and think he will be fine,.but after last season you cant help but Question his toughness which you cant teach. & skillset. sometimes.he looks polished other times looks like a pansy.
Im a true Jags fan, I.will.admit when they do something stupid, I.dont try.& find something good with every bad. I tell it how it is. Trust me theres more than just Jags fans on FF & theres.more.than.just me.that aint solf on Gene.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

haha are you serious? your a joke. How can you be high on.Gene Smith.right now, He reached on Alualu who has been solid, & traded up to draft Gabbert who was arguabley the worst QB in the league.
I like Gabbert and think he will be fine,.but after last season you cant help but Question his toughness which you cant teach. & skillset. sometimes.he looks polished other times looks like a pansy.
Im a true Jags fan, I.will.admit when they do something stupid, I.dont try.& find something good with every bad. I tell it how it is. Trust me theres more than just Jags fans on FF & theres.more.than.just me.that aint solf on Gene.

You're not smart enough to understand it, but you just proved my point.

I'm done with you now...

- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:

You're not smart enough to understand it, but you just proved my point.

I'm done with you now...

exactly bc my point was proven theres plenty reason to be questionable about Gene. You just dont want to have to admit it.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
sadjag

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
sadjag wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
If Gabbert doesn't improve and the draft isn't solid yes.

I don't know about very solid core group but ill trade you some off-the-field incidents for pro-bowlers Very Happy

So Jerry Jones should have been fired when Troy Aikman had a statistically worse 2nd season than his 1st season? Makes since....you'll make a fine boss someday.
I didn't say Get rid of Gabbert said fire Gene for picking him lol.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Young made a couple of pro bowls.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
sadjag

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Vince Young made a couple of pro bowls.
Touche
charles shelton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:

I agree Skater, Gene Smith has not drafted one Pro Bowler yet, He has only been GM for.3 years, but still. It dates all the way back to 2006 since we drafted guys who ended up.becoming Pro.Bowlers. Mercedes & MJD.
I have not been impressed with Gene Smith so far, to.be honest.the only.pick ive been crediting him for is Derek Cox. Alualu has been solid, but not what we should of gotten for such a high reach & pick.

Probowl voting is flawed, so judging a gm by that standard, especially a gm in an overlooked city like jacksonville, isn't a very accurate method of judgement imo. I also find it odd that you'll give him credit for the Cox pick, but no credit for Terrance Knighton in the 3rd, Thomas in the 4th, Lane in the 4th, Zach Miller in the 6th, Jennings in the 7th, or even mention the success rate he has had with his free agent signings. The problem with the Jags isn't Gene Smith, it's that we never suck bad enough to regularly be picking in the top 5, or just so happen to be the worst team in the league after a decade of dominating our division the same year a highly thought of qb gets drafted.

-charles

and dude..what's with all the periods? are you posting from a phone or something...drives me nuts.
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree, probowls are not a good way at all of looking at a GM but if we go back and look at all of his picks this is what we get:

Eugene Monroe-B-Has been solid
Eben Britton-C-Injured a lot
Terrance Knighton-B+-Good pick, has had some issues though
Derek Cox-A--Good starter and well worth the pick
Mike Thomas-C+-Would probably be good in the slot but we don't even know that for sure.
Jarett Dillard-C-Has not done anything at all, showed a glimpse of hope with Gabbert last season
Zach Miller-C-Hasn't done much either
Rashad Jennings-B+-Has been a nice addition and I think he'll do good next season with a few more snaps.
Tiquan Underwood-F-Pretty obvious

Tyson Alualu-B--Had a really good rookie year and was not good last season, not what you expect from the 10th pick
D'Anthony Smith-D--What has he done?
Larry Hart-D-Look above
Austen Lane-D-Again
Deji Karim-D-Bad running back, not a good returner either
Scotty McGee-F-Who?

Blaine Gabbert-C-I was a huge fan of this pick and still have hope
Will Rackley-C+-Played better as the season went on
Cecil Shorts III-D-2 Catches on our receiving corps?
Chris Prosinski-B--Alright in the very little time he got. Could be a starter in a few years
Rod Isaac-D--Could see him being cut

So total that is:
A+(4): 0
A(4): 0
A-(3.7): 1
B+(3.3): 2
B(3): 1
B-(2.7): 2
C+(2.3): 2
C(2): 4
C-(1.7): 0
D+(1.3): 0
D(1): 4
D-(.7): 2
F(0): 2

GPA: 1.85

I just don't like it, I've never been a Smith fanboy but do believe in giving him time, but if this season we don't see the playoffs maybe his time has ran out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: