Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Schedule Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyRx wrote:
If our defense stays the course and our passing offense improves as it should towards the middle if the pack, I don't see why we can't win at least 9 or 10 games.

With last year's defense and an average passing offense, that's an 11-12 win team.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can.get pressure on Teams like NE, GB & DET, are.defense & secondary are good enough to lock them down,.&.have MJD controlling the clock.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
charles shelton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
If we can.get pressure on Teams like NE, GB & DET, are.defense & secondary are good enough to lock them down,.&.have MJD controlling the clock.

eh? I'm happy that our defense made significant strides towards respectability last season , but let's not get carried away. The one elite offense that we faced was New Orleans' and we didn't exactly "lock them down". We did do a decent job in the redzone against them, but I seem to recall that they marched down the field at will against us, gaining 500+ yds in the process.

Unless our offense makes a significant improvement, comparable to the improvement our defense made last season, we will be a sub .500 team again.

-Charles
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why we can't be a 10 win team in 2012.

6 of our 11 losses last season were by 7 points or less. We had a chance to tie or take the lead on the final drive in 4 of those 6 games. That's not even counting the Bengals game where we botched the snap, where we had a chance to tie the game with a FG. Bengals eventually scored a TD on the laterals, winning by 10.

Wee were close in multiple games with ZERO passing attack whatsoever.

BG11 has 14 games under his belt (youngest QB ever to start 14 games), when he had no off-season, lame duck staff, no receivers. Now he has an off-season to get better, WAY better coaches and an already improved WR position adding Robinson and Evans. He will get more help via the Draft. I fully expect to see a different QB in 2012.

10 of our 11 starters are back on defense. Alualu won't be playing on one knee. Ross added to the secondary. Several guys returning from injuries like Mathis, Session, Kampman (don't expect much but anything from him is a bonus), D'Anthony Smith, Poz, Middleton, Cox, Lane and the list goes on. Not to mention whoever we add in the Draft.

I don't even need to mention the running game with MJD and Rashad coming back.

An improved passing game (IMO)
Great rushing attack
Great defense
New and better coaches
new owner
Fan base excited

I'm ready for August
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make it seem like those guys who got hurt will be back 100% no questions.

Mathis is aging, eventually he has to fall off plus he had a serious injury
Ross has had some problems in NY
Cox is coming off an injury, and we know he has struggled in the past with playing with injuries.

AK74 will bring probably nothing to the defense

We know Sessions cant be trusted for 16 games

Our running attack is great but all I can think is 386 touches, let me repeat

386 TOUCHES

If that doesnt worry you then I want the drugs that keep you so calm.

Did you seriously count D'Anthony Smith and Austen Lane? Really? Confused

New coaches, yes. Better, we really wont know until they play the games

An improved passing game, okay but its only 1 guy(edit, didnt count Evans, but still dont know his impact capabilities)

How does a new owner exactly help them on the field?

I too am ready for August, but I think there is still plenty to be concerned about with the team and it all starts with MJD's workload

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schedule strength is not an excuse. If we don't win at least 9 games and likely make the playoffs everyone should be let down. At first it was we are 2 seasons out from the playoffs, when that two years came up it was next season, then it was turned into everyone knows it's a 4 year process right?, now it will have been four seasons. It should be playoffs or bust for Smith, like it or not if we aren't in the playoffs Smith made some bad moves like drafting a bunch of no name players that haven't done a thing really.
McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skaterbirdhouse wrote:
Schedule strength is not an excuse. If we don't win at least 9 games and likely make the playoffs everyone should be let down. At first it was we are 2 seasons out from the playoffs, when that two years came up it was next season, then it was turned into everyone knows it's a 4 year process right?, now it will have been four seasons. It should be playoffs or bust for Smith, like it or not if we aren't in the playoffs Smith made some bad moves like drafting a bunch of no name players that haven't done a thing really.

Thats one of the reasons I think smith will put aside Character & Take who he has to take to help us start winning games. I think Smith is on.the Hot Seat. If we dont have a good.draft,.& Dont have a solid season, Im officially off the Smith Bandwagon, Its always next year. Im sick of that.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
sadjag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:

Thats one of the reasons I think smith will put aside Character & Take who he has to take to help us start winning games. I think Smith is on.the Hot Seat. If we dont have a good.draft,.& Dont have a solid season, Im officially off the Smith Bandwagon, Its always next year. Im sick of that.
2nd
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:

2nd

Character should always be taken into account, not necessarily kicked off the board though

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

McMorrow_922

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
sadjag wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
skaterbirdhouse wrote:

2nd

Character should always be taken into account, not necessarily kicked off the board though

Character should to a certain extent, some stuff you jus gotta put aside. Just want to see whats best for the team, even if it means taking a guy with a troubled.background.

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What stuff are you discounting?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, fire the GM who just signed a 3 year contract extension near Thanksgiving? Fire the guy who has made a very solid core of players with barely any off-the-field incidents? Fire the guy who had our group 1 game away from winning the division 2 out of the last 3 years with all of our QB changes? smh Rolling Eyes

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
sadjag

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
Wait, fire the GM who just signed a 3 year contract extension near Thanksgiving? Fire the guy who has made a very solid core of players with barely any off-the-field incidents? Fire the guy who had our group 1 game away from winning the division 2 out of the last 3 years with all of our QB changes? smh Rolling Eyes
If Gabbert doesn't improve and the draft isn't solid yes.

I don't know about very solid core group but ill trade you some off-the-field incidents for pro-bowlers Very Happy
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
If Gabbert doesn't improve and the draft isn't solid yes.

I don't know about very solid core group but ill trade you some off-the-field incidents for pro-bowlers Very Happy

So Jerry Jones should have been fired when Troy Aikman had a statistically worse 2nd season than his 1st season? Makes since....you'll make a fine boss someday.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should go 10-6 or 9-7, but we could easily go 6-10.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: