You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official New York Rangers thread v 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filip Chytil is our pick at 21.

Like this one a little better than our first one, but did have higher rated guys here that we passed on (Tolvanen, Yamamoto, Kostin, Hague). I do like Chytil and this is the part of the draft where it becomes a big crapshoot. Think this one is also a reach.

Time will tell on these guys, but I'm not too thrilled right now.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how well they played in elite leagues at young ages. And we are steering away from Americans which we are loaded with it seems like.

However, really wanted Yamamoto. Rumor is we wanted to trade up to #3, maybe Makar or the other D.

Good upside for both and NHL ready soon. Both fast and good puck handlers. Only criticism is we didn't get a scorer or "alpha" player who can dominate. Still, I'm sure they'll be two centers we'll be happy to have in our lineup.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy, how do you feel about Jumbo? I think we need to reel him in for a year and stick him with Nash and then see what next offseason brings Center-wise when we have Nash off the books as well.

Not really in for a JT Miller experiment at C we need to keep him at wing and stop yo-yoing him around up and down the lineup. Another guy I wouldn't mind is Martin Hanzal who won't have as many points as Stepan but he'll actually win faceoffs and play better defense. Faceoffs always seem to bite us which is why I want him or Jumbo. I'm fine with Zibanejad as our #1 if we have him with Kreider and Zucc/Buch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Roy, how do you feel about Jumbo? I think we need to reel him in for a year and stick him with Nash and then see what next offseason brings Center-wise when we have Nash off the books as well.

Not really in for a JT Miller experiment at C we need to keep him at wing and stop yo-yoing him around up and down the lineup. Another guy I wouldn't mind is Martin Hanzal who won't have as many points as Stepan but he'll actually win faceoffs and play better defense. Faceoffs always seem to bite us which is why I want him or Jumbo. I'm fine with Zibanejad as our #1 if we have him with Kreider and Zucc/Buch.

It would depend on what kind of contract they were looking for. I would imagine Jumbo Joe would not cost too much in terms of years. And if we are serious about making any kind of run while Henrik is still here, we can't go into next year with Ziba and Hayes as our top centers. I would be OK with Joe.

I would not want to spend much on Hanzal because as good as he is defensively, you should have more offensive production from a top 6 center than what he has given. It is possible he would do more in a better lineup, but I am not prepared to give too much money for him.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remaining draft picks were D Brandon Crawley, D Calle Sjalin, C Dominik Lakatos, C Morgan Barron, and C Patrik Virta. Considering we did not have another draft pick until the 4th round after last night, I would be happy if even one of these guys became a NHLer.

Andersson should be at least a solid NHLer even if I am not thrilled with the upside. I am intrigued by Chytil though. Late riser in the draft and a big, skilled center.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
Remaining draft picks were D Brandon Crawley, D Calle Sjalin, C Dominik Lakatos, C Morgan Barron, and C Patrik Virta. Considering we did not have another draft pick until the 4th round after last night, I would be happy if even one of these guys became a NHLer.

Andersson should be at least a solid NHLer even if I am not thrilled with the upside. I am intrigued by Chytil though. Late riser in the draft and a big, skilled center.

Chytil is still growing and it's likely if he was born a few days later he'd be a top 10 pick next year. Not upset at all. Hear he has tree trunks for legs.

If you look at Andersson's production compared to other Swedes in the elite league he's right up there. Models his game after Toews. If he has another year in the SHL to work on offense, which picked up second half and tremendously in playoffs, he has Backstrom potential, or even Selke potential if not an offensive threat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kreider-Zib-Buch
Nash-FA-Zucc
Miller-Hayes-Vesey
Grabner-Nieves?-Fast

Damn, maybe we do have to play Miller at Center. Too many wingers, I don't want to waste one of Grabs/Vesey/Buch on the 4th line.

McD-Smith
Skjei-DeAngelo
Staal-Holden

Really need to get rid of Staal or Holden and let Pionk/Graves/Berezgalov play. All this cap room they may get Shatty too but then we really need to get rid of Staal or Holden. I want DeAngelo to get 20 mins a game, I wouldn't even mind if he was paired with McD then Skjei and Smith stay together if he's resigned. McD and DeAngelo or Skjei and DeAngelo could be crazy offense.

Really wish the Stepan trade was before the draft then we could have kept Lindberg and lost Grabner.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I watch the happier I am. Andersson is a winner and a finisher, something we lack. Looks like he plays with some fire and passion, and he's always around the puck/net to finish. We don't have a finisher on our team. As many chances as Kreider, Nash and Grabs get, we don't have a finisher. Maybe a better all around and more skilled Brassard, someone who will really shine in big moments.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in a bit of a bind for a top 6 C this year. I would kick the tires on Joe Thornton, but I do think he will ultimately go back to the Sharks unless someone really overpays (and it shouldn't be us). Duchene seems to be the only top 6 C currently available and Sakic is asking for a ton. Not sure what we are going to do to address that.

On D, I would definitely re-sign Brendan Smith. We will be in on Shatty, but I am a little afraid of the contract he is demanding relative to his skillset. He is a very good offensive Dman, but lacks in his own zone. The absolute highest I would want to go for him is 6/6.5M. And if we did get him, he would have to be paired with someone defensively responsible (probably McD).
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brendan Smith re-signs with Rangers

Glad we got this done. It is a 4 year deal worth $4.35M per year. Was slightly higher than I thought, but that is pretty much the going rate for 2nd pairing D, which he is. He did well for us last year and has very strong defensive metrics. Also adds toughness to our back line. I am happy with this. Hope this puts us out of the Shattenkirk sweepstakes (unless he wants to take a serious discount Laughing ).
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
We are in a bit of a bind for a top 6 C this year. I would kick the tires on Joe Thornton, but I do think he will ultimately go back to the Sharks unless someone really overpays (and it shouldn't be us). Duchene seems to be the only top 6 C currently available and Sakic is asking for a ton. Not sure what we are going to do to address that.

I was really hoping we'd be able to package #7, #21 and some other prospect into Duchene.

Not really sure how we fill that C spot now.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK what made me happier, unloading Stepan or resigning Smith. Him and Skjei will be MONSTERS this year. Now if we were able to get rid of Staal to have more room for Shatty that would be incredible. Either way we need Staal and Holden away from each other, but not holding back McD on the 1st pair. Wish we could get rid of both and play Berez, Pionk and Graves. All great young skaters and offensive potential plus Day and Gilmour right behind them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed Ondrej Pavelec to a 1 year, $1.3M deal to be Henrik's backup. I don't like Pavelec, I think he is a terrible goalie. I hope Allaire can work some magic on him.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got Shattenkirk. And at pretty favorable terms for the UFA market. 4 years at $6.6M. The cap hit is about what you would expect, but 4 years is very good term. We should have him for all his best years. Our top 4 on D looks pretty good now. For what top UFAs usually get, that deal is pretty reasonable, so I am glad with it. Hometown kid clearly took a hometown discount because the Devils offered a much bigger contract than we did.

Still worried about that hole at C. We are counting on Hayes to take a big leap forward as of now.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of something for our 2nd C spot. Don't think there is anyone out there we can realistically get, so why not move J.T. Miller to C? He has experience playing the position and could potentially shift over and give us Zib, Miller, and Hayes down the middle. On the wings, we could go Nash/Zucc, Buch/Kreider, and Vesey/Fast. Fill the 4th line with Grabner and whoever else breaks the squad.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 60 of 61

Jump to: