Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets complete the overhaul Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Jets complete the overhaul Mock Reply with quote

1. Beasley OLB
2. McKinney ILB
3. Ajayi RB
4. Mannion QB

Jets address and old LB position, add a good RB and bring in potential in Mannion going forward
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an elite defense as is. If we went defense rounds 1 and 2 I'd be very disappointed.
bonkertons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Jets complete the overhaul Mock Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
1. Beasley OLB
2. McKinney ILB
3. Ajayi RB
4. Mannion QB

Jets address and old LB position, add a good RB and bring in potential in Mannion going forward

I love it, outside of Mannion. Would prefer Grayson if he's there or OL help.

As far as going D with our first two picks, I don't think it's a bad idea. Our offense has the personnel, outside of maybe another RB, to be good enough with win games with an elite D. Getting Beasley and McKinney would make our defense just that. Personally, I'd prefer Perryman in the 2nd, but McKinney is one of those versatile guys that I wouldn't complain about. Can do a bit of everything/line up anywhere.

Overall, solid job, especially with the RB in the 3rd. That's arguably the biggest missing piece on offense outside of a blue-chip QB. Getting a quality back to split time with Ivory is a huge deal, especially if we don't want to have to rely on Geno to win us games.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Jets complete the overhaul Mock Reply with quote

bonkertons wrote:
neauone wrote:
1. Beasley OLB
2. McKinney ILB
3. Ajayi RB
4. Mannion QB

As far as going D with our first two picks, I don't think it's a bad idea. Our offense has the personnel, outside of maybe another RB, to be good enough with win games with an elite D. Getting Beasley and McKinney would make our defense just that. Personally, I'd prefer Perryman in the 2nd, but McKinney is one of those versatile guys that I wouldn't complain about. Can do a bit of everything/line up anywhere.

Overall, solid job, especially with the RB in the 3rd. That's arguably the biggest missing piece on offense outside of a blue-chip QB. Getting a quality back to split time with Ivory is a huge deal, especially if we don't want to have to rely on Geno to win us games.

Our defense is good enough with not adding a single player to win us games. We really have only don't 1 move on offense that makes our offense any better then how pitiful it was last year. And that's Marshall. Marshall alone won't get us 3 or 4 more wins. Every other player is the exact same except carpenter, who isn't great.
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't dislike this at all, I just think the Jets won't take Beasley. Todd Bowles' defense never seems to have these pure pass rusher missiles. Like Rex, it tends to be the scheme that generates the pressure, and everyone just being athletic and explosive tacklers.
bonkertons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Jets complete the overhaul Mock Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
bonkertons wrote:
neauone wrote:
1. Beasley OLB
2. McKinney ILB
3. Ajayi RB
4. Mannion QB

Our defense is good enough with not adding a single player to win us games. We really have only don't 1 move on offense that makes our offense any better then how pitiful it was last year. And that's Marshall. Marshall alone won't get us 3 or 4 more wins. Every other player is the exact same except carpenter, who isn't great.

New play calling, another top WR, a young TE with a full year in the league, an improved(if even slightly) OL, with a lot of young options(hopefully another one brought in through the draft - in this scenario, it would be the 4th round), a strong RB tandem, and a young QB who now has 2 full years under his belt.

Not to mention a defense with a much better pass rush and a much better secondary = more turnovers, putting the offense in more opportunities to succeed.

Is the offense ideal? No, there still will be a lot of work to do, but IMO there is plenty of time to get that done. The offense right now is in better shape than most will admit. A lot of guys are old/getting older(Brick, Mangold, Marshall), but they still have time left to play at a high level. I don't think we need to draft replacements this year, especially when drafting for D in the first two rounds could make it tops in the NFL when all is said and done.

IMO, that gives us a better chance to win next season and beyond.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowles runs a system without a big time sack artist. He runs one with different blitz schemes and a lot of them. I think that's a big reason why he added Gilchrist bc he has the tools to be a good blitzing safety. Let's not forget Pryor or AA who could be good blitzes in a Bowles system.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Bowles runs a system without a big time sack artist. He runs one with different blitz schemes and a lot of them. I think that's a big reason why he added Gilchrist bc he has the tools to be a good blitzing safety. Let's not forget Pryor or AA who could be good blitzes in a Bowles system.
John Abraham begs to differ. Through his career he's had some talented pass rushers Abraham, Trent Cole, And Prime Jason Babin just to name a few. Cardinals defense missed Abrahams play last year.

Props to CL on the sig
#VicBeasleyHypeTrain
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
John Abraham begs to differ. Through his career he's had some talented pass rushers Abraham, Trent Cole, And Prime Jason Babin just to name a few. Cardinals defense missed Abrahams play last year.

Abraham is the only big name out of those. And he was 36 when he played for Bowkes. What I see is he gets the most out of rather average to above average edge rushers. I really think they think we can generate a very good pass rush as is with elite 3-4 DEs that get more sacks then most in a 3-4. Coples I think will only get better. Davis and Harris are good blitzes from ILB and we have Pace, Babin, IK and Reilly. Mix in that a lot of his scheme takes an edge rusher off the field when he runs more DB sets.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Abraham is the only big name out of those. And he was 36 when he played for Bowkes. What I see is he gets the most out of rather average to above average edge rushers. I really think they think we can generate a very good pass rush as is with elite 3-4 DEs that get more sacks then most in a 3-4. Coples I think will only get better. Davis and Harris are good blitzes from ILB and we have Pace, Babin, IK and Reilly. Mix in that a lot of his scheme takes an edge rusher off the field when he runs more DB sets.

The part about only Abraham being a big name is not true at all. People know Trent Cole and Babin back in his day.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoLewis57 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

The part about only Abraham being a big name is not true at all. People know Trent Cole and Babin back in his day.

I see no reason why a guy like IK can't be close to as good as Cole if given the opportunity. Point is Bowles got great pass rush from an old vet in Abraham and Trent cole who was a 5th rounder. He doesn't need a high profile edge rusher to get sacks. He has a scheme that creates a lot of 1 on 1s bc of blitzing, sometimes even untouched. That's not saying a great edge rusher isn't maybe a little better. But as a group if we're getting sacks and TFL I don't care if it's a stud edge rusher getting 15 sacks or a group getting 15 sacks. It's the same either way. So bc we have all the pieces in the secondary and DLine I see sack numbers going up regardkess. I think we need to score points. Not get an extra 2-5 sacks.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't lose my mind if we take Beasley in the first, but if we then follow it up with yet another defensive player, i am gonna start throwing my own poo. It just makes no sense for our current situation. We have a defensive guru as a coach if he can't cobble together a really good D out of what we already have + Beasley then he probably isn't a guru.

On the other side of the ball it would be nice to score for once. Furthermore it would be nice to have some young elite talent (hence why i would love to go offense the first 2 round). Name the last offensive skill position player we took early in the draft.... it is really hard to do.

I like Ajayi, i'd run to the podium if he was there in the third. If Mannion was there in the 4th I'd run away from the podium like it was on fire. Mannion is a terrible QB, his ceiling is a questionable back up in the NFL. His floor is probably not giving me enough hot sauce and forgetting my straw at taco bell.
jetsfan1970

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a WR or a OL in round four and I would love it. I don't want a project QB in the fourth when I can improve my OL or WR position . QB in round seven im ok with that !!!
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need McKinney. Also, Mannion in the 4th is too early.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mannion is actually growing on me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: