Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 Jets WR Group Projections
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: 2015 Jets WR Group Projections Reply with quote

There's no hiding that WR is a HUGE hole on this team. Kerley is a FA in the offseason. So realistically our only NFL caliber talent WRs under contract next season are Eric Decker and Shaq Evans. Evans is out for the season with his shoulder injury. He will pretty much be a rookie next season. IMO he shouldn't be looked at as more then a #5 WR option for this team. Question is who do we think will be brought in to fill these 3-4 holes at WR? Do we resign Kerley? Etc. here's my predictions. Some might think it's overkill, but I think this position needs a makeover.

I think we resign Kerley. Yes I think Cobb is better, but we don't want to invest that kinda money into a slot WR. I also think we sign Cecil Shorts in FA. The big names like Dez and Demaryius won't hit FA, so we can't get a true #1 in FA. Shorts gives us a vet that can start while rookies learn the NFL. Plus it's very un Idzik like to drop big money in FA.

I have us drafting somewhere in the top 10 possibly top 5. Bc of this, I think we draft Amari Cooper. He's a NFL ready WR, who I think in a year or 2 will be an Elite WR. He's a great route runner, has good hands and he's quick. Very football smart as well. His game is a lot like Reggie Wayne's. Next I think we draft another WR in Round 3. We grab a speedster with this pick to stretch the field. The guy I like here is Stefon Diggs. Reminds me of Torrey Smith. He can be used on ST as well as a returner. These 2 guys help us build a good young WR group going forward. No matter who's at QB, they need weapons and these guys help IMO. And doesn't have us spending huge in FA. So this would make our WR group something like this.

Decker
Shorts
Kerley
Cooper
Diggs
Evans
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ecstatic if this happened. I'd also love anothet vet but for like a one year cheap deal. Someone like a Cotchery.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
thebeyonder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some peolple will say you are investing too much into the offense. Their mistake will be in missing that we already have a very strong defense that doesn't need anymore investment for the time being. If we put our entire draft into the offense and reap above average production for it, we can be a playoff team. The only thing holding us back now is offense.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Decker
Amari Cooper
Jeremy Kerley
Nate Washington
Shaq Evans
Mid-Late Round Rook

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let Kerley walk, after how bad he has been, where has he been this year? We need big help at WR and he has been a no show.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecil is not signing here with the intention on not playing (which will happen if he's our #4). Also, Idzik won't draft Amari after signing Cecil, who should command a decent contract. I think we get one or the other. Also, Shaq will be expected to compete for the 4th receiver slot next year, which he can't do if Cecil is here. I think Amari + a 30+ year old vet (like a Nate Washington) is much more likely.

Props to JMG on the sig
Bianconero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Let Kerley walk, after how bad he has been, where has he been this year? We need big help at WR and he has been a no show.
wut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
wut
LOL

Props to JMG on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we resign Kerley. Only other option I can see them going is Cobb. But Kerley will be 1/2 the price. Idzik won't spend that kind if money on Cobb. Regarding Shirts. I dint think he gets a big deal. The guys injured just about every year. When he plays he's good, he can be a 1yr deal to see what we have with Cooper, Diggs and Evans. The position needs a makeover but some FA has to be signed so we're not with 3 rookies out there with a Decker and Kerley (Evans is pretty much a rookie next season) I think the reward on a Shorts is way higher than that of Washington. Plus I just don't think Washington is that good. I think he'd be a waste of a roster spot.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
doumeyer wrote:
wut

Right? Kerely is a proven solid receiving option and is having a down year due to the total ineptitude of the rest of our offense. If anything we'll be able to resign him for less money now which is awesome since we know he's capable of playing at a pretty high level. And I'm not saying he's better than Emmanuel Sanders but I will point out that in Kerley's best season to date he put up better numbers than Sanders best season with the Steelers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would love to see it, we don't have a shot at a Dez Bryant walking through the doors anytime soon. I'm a bit conflicted because part of me wants the Jets to draft Cooper, but for the most part I want the Jets to address the QB situation. It's much easier to find good WRs in rounds 2-4 then it is to find QBs, and I think the Jets should just take their shot at a QB and build a new structured organization around that player to ensure his success.

I'm aware how poor our skill positions are, but give me an offensive guru that can maximize Amaro's skills, a healthy Decker, Kerley in the slot, and a combination of Evans-Powell-rookies and I don't think we'd be half bad. We certainly need to address receiver, but I'd rather grab the QB instead of hoping Geno miraculously develops into a good QB. Geno probably could've been good with proper grooming, but much like Sanchez his career has gone sour quickly due to the current atmosphere of the Jets. Time to start fresh.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how would the "new" QB any different off then Sanchez or Geno? He'd still be with below average talent, just with maybe an offensive guru at HC? Well maybe Geno is good with an offensive guru HC too, so give whoever is at QB weapons for that guru. Having an offensive guru with his skill players being horrible will make that guru look like a failed HC. Give the whole offense skill and let the guru do his magic.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Cecil is not signing here with the intention on not playing (which will happen if he's our #4). Also, Idzik won't draft Amari after signing Cecil, who should command a decent contract. I think we get one or the other. Also, Shaq will be expected to compete for the 4th receiver slot next year, which he can't do if Cecil is here. I think Amari + a 30+ year old vet (like a Nate Washington) is much more likely.

Cecil has been nothing but a human hamstring pull since he's entered the league, no team is going to give him a long-term contract. I could absolutely see him coming here to rehab his value as there's not much else standing in his way of playing time (that is until we draft Cooper).

Also we don't draft Cooper to be our #4 receiver. We draft him, and he immediately is our most talented wideout.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya with the offseason I have. I'd have Decker and Cooper as our outside WRs. Kerley the slot WR. Let Shorts, Diggs and Evans battle out the 4, 5 and 6 spots. Shorts has an injury history so to think he'd be healthy all 16 games would be optimistic. I think Diggs is a little unpolished as a WR, but most 3rd round rookies are. He has skills though. Like I said we can use him as a return guy and help him grow as a WR. I have no clue what we can get out of Evans. Luckily it was a shoulder injury and not a leg injury, so his speed and all should still be legit.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

Cecil has been nothing but a human hamstring pull since he's entered the league, no team is going to give him a long-term contract. I could absolutely see him coming here to rehab his value as there's not much else standing in his way of playing time (that is until we draft Cooper).

Also we don't draft Cooper to be our #4 receiver. We draft him, and he immediately is our most talented wideout.
Not saying we're drafting Cooper to be our #4. I'm saying we don't sign Cecil with the intent of him being our #4 because he would not be content in that role. If he finishes this season strong and injury-free, someone will take a chance on him on a multi-year deal; especially at the age of 26.

Props to JMG on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: