Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins sign former Bucs Safety Tanard Jackson; Suspended
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunfromLandry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
Apparently the Redskins had 1.5M in Cap room before signing Jackson... Shocked

OH NOes. Let's start a Cuts thread now- we gonna need it Evil or Very Mad

Whilst we definitely will need to trim some fat this is based on the assumption that the arbitration case doesn't go in our favour. I think we have a good chance of getting some cap room back
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck to T-Jack, knew that Raheem was gonna scream for him to come up there...

I really hope he can return to form before he was suspended for a year. He was developing into a top safety in the league.

The instincts he had were great, but last year he just looked lost. I know he was out for football for a year. But he looked downright TERRIBLE....Lead the league in missed tackles. It wasnt pretty....

Hopefully he can return to that level of play that I expected...Damn skins are quickly picking up too many players I like Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
FS
Jackson
Gomes

SS
Merriweather
Doughty
Williams
Griffin?

CB
Hall
Wilson
Barnes
Thompson
Torrence

Am I forgetting anyone?

I think (in this order) potential for starting caliber safties on our team
Jacksom(can be a stud)
Gomes(showed a lot for a rookie transitioning, wasnt he a cb?)
Merriweather(potential, we will see)
Doughty(solid tackler)
Williams(meh,odd man out IMO)

I doubt Torrence makes the team,woulnt mind Janoris or Hosley

I got it like this:

Fs: Jackson, Gomes or draft pick
SS: Meriweather, Gomes or draft pick

Cb: Hall, Wilson, Griffin, Barnes, Thompson

Agreed. How ever if Williams is healthy than I wouldnt be surprised if he beat out gomes. Although gomes is pretty high for us on this team Williams was a good coverage player when healthy but he never is lol.

No chance Gomes gets cut,especially for an aging injured Williams.
True . I thought maybe WIlliams would start at FS since he been a starter for a while and if he was healthy could of been an good role player. But with Jackson he was turning into a very solid player in the NFL and at 26 years old this could be a steal.

Buc fans think if they select Clayborn with there first pick than Aqib would be gone....would it be amazing if we picked him up too .
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
True . I thought maybe WIlliams would start at FS since he been a starter for a while and if he was healthy could of been an good role player. But with Jackson he was turning into a very solid player in the NFL and at 26 years old this could be a steal.

Buc fans think if they select Clayborn with there first pick than Aqib would be gone....would it be amazing if we picked him up too .

Taib is very gifted but has a lot of issues. More than just drugs.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
daboyle250

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunfromLandry wrote:
DCRED wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:

Whilst we definitely will need to trim some fat this is based on the assumption that the arbitration case doesn't go in our favour. I think we have a good chance of getting some cap room back

Whoops, there was a mistake. It was 6.6M in Cap space before Jackson.

Tracker: 46 catches, 498 yards, 3 TD
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
RunfromLandry wrote:
DCRED wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:

Whoops, there was a mistake. It was 6.6M in Cap space before Jackson.

I figured. They are about to sign Fletcher Very Happy

mike23md on the sig
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joy. Another "class act" in the secondary.

It's a one year rental. I think the front office is hoping the safety pool in 2013 is better.

Of course, we're going to need to make a major investment in our secondary next year since as of right now, we'd be down to three corners and three safeties come 2013.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Joy. Another "class act" in the secondary.

It's a one year rental. I think the front office is hoping the safety pool in 2013 is better.

Of course, we're going to need to make a major investment in our secondary next year since as of right now, we'd be down to three corners and three safeties come 2013.

I think Hosley or Janoris could be selected this year and possibly our number 2 next year. Itd be nice to fill a need years to come in the late rounds with guys like Janoris and Burfict.

mike23md on the sig
e16bball

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sort of hoping for a franchise tag on Landry (this was pre-penalty, of course), so I'm good with a make-good type deal for Jackson. Really talented player, really big productive...really big screw-up problem child. Which means he'll probably fit in well in our secondary. If only we could round out this group with Pacman Jones and Janoris Jenkins in the nickel, we could have a pass defense made up not only of "ballhawks" but also of "jailbirds."

I think the thing that gives me some hope here is the presence of Raheem Morris. Obviously they have some relationship built, and I'm hoping that with less responsibilities and more time to focus on individual players, Raheem can stay on top of Jackson and keep him in line (on the field and off).

O.J. Atogwe Tracker: 25 Tackles | 1 INT | 2 PDs | 2 TFLs | 1 sack
Saverio Rocca Tracker: 44.2 AVG | 41.2 NET | 14/25 IN20
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:
I was sort of hoping for a franchise tag on Landry (this was pre-penalty, of course), so I'm good with a make-good type deal for Jackson. Really talented player, really big productive...really big screw-up problem child. Which means he'll probably fit in well in our secondary. If only we could round out this group with Pacman Jones and Janoris Jenkins in the nickel, we could have a pass defense made up not only of "ballhawks" but also of "jailbirds."

I think the thing that gives me some hope here is the presence of Raheem Morris. Obviously they have some relationship built, and I'm hoping that with less responsibilities and more time to focus on individual players, Raheem can stay on top of Jackson and keep him in line (on the field and off).
Haha Laughing classic

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:

My bold prediction; Jackson is the best Saftey in the Nfc east this year. Quote it Cool

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
e16bball wrote:

My bold prediction; Jackson is the best Saftey in the Nfc east this year. Quote it Cool
He doesn't really have any competition! Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
e16bball wrote:

Very true,but without Jackson I would probably give that title to Rolle.

mike23md on the sig
dbtb135

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e16bball wrote:

Raheem was too buddy-buddy with players, even as a DBs coach. I'm hoping you guys would have someone else play the disciplinarian role with Tanard if he's going to stay out of trouble. You can bet Raheem won't be that guy.

He's got the talent to be very good, if he can ever stop being a moron and just keep himself on the field.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
e16bball wrote:

Very true,but without Jackson I would probably give that title to Rolle.
Yeah, Rolle or Phillips. I'd be one of the two Giant safeties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: