Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Redskins future and reasonable Expectations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How long till the redskins make the playoffs with RG3?
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Longer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

bowilson11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 is the year I picked. My reasons were 2012 will be the year of rebuilding an Offense geared towards RGIII's abilities. It will take this season to develop chemistry with his new receivers and for our OL to get use to their new QB and his tendencies. On Defense, we have too many unknowns in our secondary and a big need at ILB.

2013 should be a better year (could even make playoffs), but once again I feel the Defense will be going through growing pain with new FS (if Gomes doesn’t improve), SS and maybe CB. A new starting ILB also. Hopefully, the offense is further allow in it progression and the Defense is not far behind because of our front 7.

2014, we should be sitting pretty. The salary cap issues will be settled one way or the other and we will have money to lock up our young talent and get a couple of gap fillers in FA. RG III will be in his third season with an OL that has at least two seasons together. Our Defense should be Top-10 (maybe Top-5). Helu and Royster will have four seasons as a tandem and the young WRs and RGIII should have great chemistry and rapport. I see at least an 11 to 13 win season for us.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson11 wrote:
2014 is the year I picked. My reasons were 2012 will be the year of rebuilding an Offense geared towards RGIII's abilities. It will take this season to develop chemistry with his new receivers and for our OL to get use to their new QB and his tendencies. On Defense, we have too many unknowns in our secondary and a big need at ILB.

2013 should be a better year (could even make playoffs), but once again I feel the Defense will be going through growing pain with new FS (if Gomes doesn’t improve), SS and maybe CB. A new starting ILB also. Hopefully, the offense is further allow in it progression and the Defense is not far behind because of our front 7.

2014, we should be sitting pretty. The salary cap issues will be settled one way or the other and we will have money to lock up our young talent and get a couple of gap fillers in FA. RG III will be in his third season with an OL that has at least two seasons together. Our Defense should be Top-10 (maybe Top-5). Helu and Royster will have four seasons as a tandem and the young WRs and RGIII should have great chemistry and rapport. I see at least an 11 to 13 win season for us.
That's a great breakdown. Thanks alot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TKellion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our front seven is returning intact now that Fletcher has resigned Plus Jenkins will be a beast.We have basically redone the safety position and have a new DB coach.I cant see us being worse than we were last season there.We have a decent stable of Shanahan RBs with at least 1 season in the system.We bring in Garcon and Morgan to help Gaffney and Moss at WR.Davis and Cooley should both be healthy.RGIII or Luck will be under center so the question is."WILL THE OLINE BE GOOD ENOUGH THIS YEAR'The security blanket for a rookie QB is a good running game.Every rookie QB that had a winning record had one.
Falcons-L, Panthers-W(we almost beat them with Grossman), Ravens-L, Bengals-W(Sophmore jinx for QB) and Vikings-W(should have beat them this year) at home; Saints-W(Especially if we play them in 1st 6 games), Buccaneers-W(Rookie coach), Browns-W(unproven at QB), Steelers-L, and Rams-W(Another rookie coach and bad oline)) on the road.So if we can go 3-3 in division I say we get a WC next year. Twisted Evil
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with TK with O Line being the biggest reason we win or lose this season. Look at the pasd rushes we will play...Cowboys, Giants,Eagles, Steelers,Ravens, Vikings,Rams and I think Tampa Bays d line cane be a good test as well. We must protect RG3 and create open running lanes for Helu and Royster.

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
TKellion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like being right lol Twisted Evil
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
I like being right lol Twisted Evil

I like agreeing with you! Cool Wink

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 month old thread. You guys know how much Webbie hates people bumping old threads. Best bet is to just link to the old thread.

Oh and BTW, I was off on my predictions and a few others were right.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf is this bump up 6 and 8 month old thread day to pat ourselves on the back? Lmfao Laughing Rolling Eyes

We're all happy! Hopefully this is the start of something really special for the next 15 years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Wtf is this bump up 6 and 8 month old thread day to pat ourselves on the back? Lmfao Laughing Rolling Eyes

We're all happy! Hopefully this is the start of something really special for the next 15 years

Yes especially to prove people like you wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
2012: 10-6
2013: 10-6
2014: 11-5

RG3 is our savior!!!

(a guy can dream, right?)

I was right for this year! Laughing

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

real classy! Laughing Rolling Eyes

I'm glad I'm wrong! Can't we just enjoy this instead of being at each others throats?? Twisted Evil
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'm glad I'm wrong! Can't we just enjoy this instead of being at each others throats?? Twisted Evil

I was wrong on a bunch of stuff too, just different stuff Laughing But I never been so glad to be so wrong before!!

HTTR!!!!
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Now you want sympathy and people just to forget all the things you said we couldn't or wouldn't do now that we actually did it huh? In my book your just like all the other haters who said we would be garbage this year and we wouldn't have a winning record. Plain and Simple I'm excited were in the playoffs and if the D continues to play as they have over the last past games and RG3 gets his legs back I wouldn't be surprised if we made It to the NFC East championship game where we get beat by the Packers and go further than all most everyone expected.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Now you want sympathy and people just to forget all the things you said we couldn't or wouldn't do now that we actually did it huh? In my book your just like all the other haters who said we would be garbage this year and we wouldn't have a winning record. Plain and Simple I'm excited were in the playoffs and if the D continues to play as they have over the last past games and RG3 gets his legs back I wouldn't be surprised if we made It to the NFC East championship game where we get beat by the Packers and go further than all most everyone expected.
i just want to be excited! Cool and have to worry about stuff like this. I wish you'd be the same...
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

i just want to be excited! Cool and have to worry about stuff like this. I wish you'd be the same...

I'm happy for my team and happy at the fact you were wrong just because it was you. You talk all the crap in the world like you know everything and to have it all blow up in your face is hell of great thing along with the Redskins accomplishments. Maybe you'll learn to actually wait things out b4 you knock things out of possibly happening.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: