Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yeah, you read the username right....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wants to come to mine for a draft party?!
Hellzzz yeh boooiii
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Sorry i'm naked that day
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

ianlewis16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Yeah, you read the username right.... Reply with quote

Ok, I know you've all been waiting for this, but as always I remind you, be gentle (with your praise). As ever, I don't project trades because that's ridiculously difficult.

1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck QB Stanford.
Quote:
The pick is already done. Too easy, i'll still take the credit however.

2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
Quote:
Again, all me.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil OT USC
Quote:
There is talk floating out there, but it's all smoke and mirrors. It all starts upfront, and Kalil is a hell of a prospect.

4. Cleveland Browns: Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St
Quote:
So many options for Cleveland, which implies many holes which is never good. I firmly believe Blackmon is a superstar WR waiting to happen, and represents great value here, and so does Tom Heckert.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne CB LSU
Quote:
A great prospect, and a great fit. After picking up Jackson in FA, this becomes their biggest need.

6. St Louis Rams: Trent Richardson RB Alabama
Quote:
Ok, so a little bit different, but if he falls into St Louis' lap, I think they jump all over him. Steven Jackson is coming to the end of the ober productive period of his career, but together they form quite the 1-2 punch for the next couple of years (think Buffalo).

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
Quote:
They need help on the outside, but I don't think they like Floyd here and instead go for the best DE on their board.

8. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
Quote:
Whiffed on too many QB's this off-season, they need a slither of hope. He sits for a year or two, and becomes a star. Book it.

9. Carolina Panthers: Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
Quote:
Ok, so this pick is basically the best CB available (can be flipped with Gilmore, I just happen to like Jenkins better). They have needs on the defensive line too, but the talent available does not match up.

10. Buffalo Bills: David DeCastro OG Stanford
Quote:
They need to keep the bearded one standing, and DeCastro is a fantastic prospect. They are thrilled that he falls to them here.

11. Kansas City Chiefs: Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi St
Quote:
I personally don't buy the hype. I had him in the 20's pre combine, and I would now if there wasn't an outta control hype train heading towards Radio City. I think he fits in nicely to KC's front, playing both the 5 and the nose.

12. Seattle Seahawks: Quintin Coples DE North Carolina
Quote:
Fantastic talent, questionable motor. Quintin, meet Pete Carroll. Seems like a match made in heaven. Could blow up, could be a waste of $12 million. A challenge Carroll relishes.

13. Arizona Cardinals: Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
Quote:
Fitzgerald is drooling. I for one, am a Kevin Kolb believer, and feel he is just one weapon away from greatness. Happy birthday K-Sizzle.

14. Dallas Cowboys: Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
Quote:
Ok, so they have Spencer under the franchise tag this year, but I've never seen anything great in him. I think they let him go next year, and have Upshaw waiting in the wings.

15. Philadelphia Eagles: Luke Kuechly LB Boston College
Quote:
Ok, I don't even really like this that much myself, but he is a good value pick, and I firmly believe that's what the Eagles will do this year. Eh.

16. New York Jets: Kendall Wright WR Baylor
Quote:
One of my favourite prospects, and I believe great value here. Techez could use another weapon, and Wright can make the field look a mile long.

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Michael Brockers DT LSU
Quote:
A big need this team, which is seemingly always on the verge of something great. They build on another solid draft last year, with a nice selection here, Brockers is stout enough at the POA, and can get into the backfield.

18. San Diego Chargers: Riley Reiff OT Iowa
Quote:
Slips a bit due to need overtaking talent available, but the Chargers are happy about it. Rieff can step in and start day one, at almost anywhere along the offensive line.

19. Chicago Bears: Cordy Glenn OL Georgia
Quote:
Chicago seems to perennially have problems keeping their QB's upright, and has a chance to upgrade significantly here. Glenn has the potential to play inside right away, whilst learning the ropes outside.

20. Tennessee Titans: Nick Perry DE USC
Quote:
Tennessee needs to replenish its d-line stockpile, and have a great opportunity to do so here. Nick Perry will make an impact as a situational pass rusher as a rookie.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Stephan Gilmore CB South Carolina
Quote:
Again, as I mentioned earlier, this could just as well be Janoris Jenkins, but i'm fairly certain they go for a CB here, as the list of first round prospects is relatively deep.

22. Cleveland Browns: Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma St
Quote:
Don't have me Brownies (i know Lak, you never could). I'm not sold on him, but I think he is becoming widely regarded as a first round prospect, and the Browns have a need. I could be swayed on this however.

23. Detroit Lions: Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
Quote:
An impact force in the secondary, and fantastic value at this point. Dre will start right away, and improve a fledgling Lions defensive backfield.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mark Barron S Alabama
Quote:
Interesting. Right? Hightower is not a first round prospect. Barron is. He might not start right away, but both Clark and Troy are on the downside's of their careers. Good value, good pick.

25. Denver Broncos: Mike Adams T Ohio State
Quote:
I like Mike Adams. I think he should go higher, but the opinion is apparently not shared. I think they realise the need to protect Manning in the short/medium term, and Adams provides insurance across the line with the potential to start this year if need be.

26. Houston Texans: Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina
Quote:
They need more weapons, Johnson can't carry this team forever. I really like Schaub, but in my opinion they will never go any further without a quality wideout opposite Andre. I would even consider flipping this with Wright at 16, I LOVE Jeffrey.

27. New England Patriots: Shea McClellin OLB Boise State
Quote:
<3 <3 <3. You have no idea how close I came to giving Shea to my Eagles. I think he is scheme flexible, but would perhaps be slightly more effective in the 3-4. Perhaps not NE's biggest immediate need, but good value and a hard working player.

28. Green Bay Packers: Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB Illinois
Quote:
It's no secret they need help getting into the offensive backfield. Whitney has been firing up draft boards, and could provide a force opposite 'The Hair'.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
Quote:
A real boom/bust, my favourite sort of prospect. In 3 or 4 years, and in a perfect world, the Ravens have Hill and Torrey Smith playing opposite each other, complimenting one another perfectly. Until then, he gets to learn under one of the best in the game.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Dontari Poe DT Memphis
Quote:
And on the negative side of the boom/bust ladies and gentlemen. I don't see it (mainly because there is no game tape that shows anything resembling a first rounder), but if any coach can motivate a player, then I trust a Harbaugh.

31. New England Patriots: Doug Martin RB Boise State
Quote:
What's that? TWO Boise Broncos in the first round, and neither of them are called Kellen??!

32. New York Giants: Peter Conz C Wisconsin
Quote:
Hard working, versatile offensive lineman. Coughlin will adore him.

Borderline
Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
Coby Fleener TE Stanford
Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State
Devon Still DE Penn State
Andre Branch OLB Clemson
Kellen Moore QB BSU
Do'nta Hightower ILB Pittsburgh

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him

Last edited by ianlewis16 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could deal with this. Perry IMO is the best DE in the draft. Devon Still would also be a great pick.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistic Bengals draft

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but this a poor 1st round for the Browns IMO. I firmly disagree with you on Blackmon. I think he will be an above average NFL WR, maybe even make a few pro bowls but i just don't think he has the tools necessary to be a Superstar WR. Also how do you know what Heckert thinks about Blackmon? The Weedon pick is just awful for numerous reasons.
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Realistic Bengals draft

offense one year, defense the next. sorted.

Blahman88 wrote:
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsDog23 wrote:
Sorry but this a poor 1st round for the Browns IMO. I firmly disagree with you on Blackmon. I think he will be an above average NFL WR, maybe even make a few pro bowls but i just don't think he has the tools necessary to be a Superstar WR. Also how do you know what Heckert thinks about Blackmon? The Weedon pick is just awful for numerous reasons.

i completely understand why you may not like it, and tbh i expected this. Blackmon is just a matter of opinion, the Weedon pick is just have a feeling about.

Blahman88 wrote:
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs will not pass on the chance to draft Richardson at 5... Guarantee it....Heck we might trade up for him

#TradeUpForTeddy
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a terrible first round for the Browns.

Vince Lombardi
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Bucs will not pass on the chance to draft Richardson at 5... Guarantee it....Heck we might trade up for him

This top five is going to be sooooo intersting

Blahman88 wrote:
casey.matzke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for the Rams just idk the possibility. Btw its Matt Kalil Very Happy

NS922 on the sick sig.
ajurapyta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, It's Matt Kalil, not Robert Kalil. Secondly, I think you put way too much stock in Boise St. players. Kellen Moore a borderline first-rounder? What are you smoking? He'll be lucky just to be drafted!
casey.matzke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajurapyta wrote:
First of all, It's Matt Kalil, not Robert Kalil. Secondly, I think you put way too much stock in Boise St. players. Kellen Moore a borderline first-rounder? What are you smoking? He'll be lucky just to be drafted!

Im pretty sure its an inside joke he has going haha

NS922 on the sick sig.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take a number of players over Poe. Silatolu, Konz, Fleener, Jones, or Randle just off the top of my head.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears would take either Perry, Barron, Gilmore, or Mercilus
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Yeah, you read the username right.... Reply with quote

22. Cleveland Browns: Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma St
Quote:
Don't have me Brownies (i know Lak, you never could). I'm not sold on him, but I think he is becoming widely regarded as a first round prospect, and the Browns have a need. I could be swayed on this however.

BOOM!

Blahman88 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: