Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Draft---adam9---
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: 2013 Mock Draft---adam9--- Reply with quote

Round 1
1. Arizona Cardinals- Matthew Barkley, QB Southern California
2. Miami Dolphins- Robert Woods, WR Southern California
3. Cleveland Browns - Tyrann Mathieu, S/CB Louisiana State
4. Minnesota Vikings- Tyler Bray, QB Tennessee
5. Jacksonville Jaguars- Barkevious Mingo, DE Lousiana State
6. Kansas City Chiefs- Logan Thomas, QB Virginia Tech
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- David Amerson, CB North Carolina State
8. Buffalo Bills- Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas
9. St. Louis Rams- Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee
10. Indianapolis Colts- Star Lotulelei, DL Utah
11. St. Louis Rams (via Washington)- Eric Reid, FS Louisiana State
12. Dallas Cowboys- Sam Montgomery, OLB Louisiana State
13. New Orleans Saints- Chris Faulk, OT Louisiana State
14. San Diego Chargers- Keenan Allen, WR California
15. Seattle Seahawks- Margus Hunt, LEO/DL Southern Methodist
16. Denver Broncos- Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina
17. Philadelphia Eagles- Barrett Jones, C/G/T Alabama
18. New York Jets- Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia
19. Chicago Bears- Manti Te'o, LB Notre Dame
20. Pittsburgh Steelers- Jonathon Banks, CB Mississippi State
21. Carolina Panthers- Johnathon Hankins, DT Ohio State
22. Tennessee Titans- Jonathan Cooper, OG North Carolina
23. Detroit Lions- Marquess Wilson, WR Washington State
24. Cincinnati Bengals- Jackson Jeffcoat, DE Texas
25. New York Giants- DJ Fluker, OT Alabama
26. Oakland Raiders- Dion Jordan, DE Oregon
27. Green Bay Packers- Michael Dyer, RB Arkansas State
28. Houston Texans- Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
29. Atlanta Falcons- Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame
30. Baltimore Ravens- TJ McDonald, S Southern California
31. San Francisco 49ers- Xavier Rhodes, CB/S Florida State
32. New England Patriots- Khaled Holmes, C Southern California

Have a second round almost done. Will give this time to simmer, do some first round changes, finish my second round and then I will post it.

Also I have some surprises in spots teams are picking at. In this mock Oakland won the AFC West, the Titans got a wild card spot in the AFC and the Panthers in the NFC, the Bears, Cowboys, Eagles, and Jets all missed the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Cooper pick for the Titans but I think center is much higher of a need, so I'd rather have Holmes. I think I'd take McDonald before Cooper to.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly, highly doubt we use back-to-back 1st round picks on LEO prospects (though I could see it being a mid-round need). And it's not really possible to reason that Irvin busts because he won't be used full-time there so it won't be fair to evaluate him off of this one season.

Of course we just miss out on Keenan Allen and Justin Hunter.

I'd rather have Hankins for Seattle. He's a monster in the middle and we could use a force behind Mebane. Jarvis Jones would also be a really nice player for us. We'd obviously have to use him the way the Broncos use Von Miller. Yea, I'd take Jones there for sure with Leroy Hill on a 1-year deal this year.
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I like the Cooper pick for the Titans but I think center is much higher of a need, so I'd rather have Holmes. I think I'd take McDonald before Cooper to.

I almost went with Holmes, but I switched it at the last second. Not too big on McDonald yet, but it seems like a lot of teams might need a S next season. Will for sure switch Holmes to that slot though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Highly, highly doubt we use back-to-back 1st round picks on LEO prospects (though I could see it being a mid-round need). And it's not really possible to reason that Irvin busts because he won't be used full-time there so it won't be fair to evaluate him off of this one season.

Of course we just miss out on Keenan Allen and Justin Hunter.

I'd rather have Hankins for Seattle. He's a monster in the middle and we could use a force behind Mebane. Jarvis Jones would also be a really nice player for us. We'd obviously have to use him the way the Broncos use Von Miller. Yea, I'd take Jones there for sure with Leroy Hill on a 1-year deal this year.

The thing with Hunt that I really like a lot though is he has the strength and stuff to play inside as well. I was thinking if you guys drafted him and you also had Irvin (another versatile guy), you could really just move them both around a lot and confuse the hell out of offenses. However, I do understand where you are coming from. I know this isn't what you said but how would you feel if you guys were to select a CB (with all those guys you said still on the board as well)? Just a question though, will definitely switch someone else there if you don't think Hunt could play inside even if I think he could.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best draft for Chicago I've seen on this board so far.. Te'o would be the perfect successor to Urlacher, and in the meantime start at SLB.. Also a perfect scheme for him to play in the T2. In the second go BPA OT/CB.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunt could certainly play on the inside on pass rushing downs, but he's more of a LEO in our scheme and anyway you break it down he'd be a situational player throughout his career here. Not something I think we use a 1st round pick on. While we may really need another LEO player to with Irvin if Clemons leaves next year, we won't be spending a 1st on a backup.

Corner doesn't make much sense either, but I suppose that depends on how you see Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman playing this year. If they play how they did last year, CB is one of the last things we'll be looking for in round 1. If you think one has a really bad slump than CB is obviously an option.

As of right now, I think a starting OLB like Jarvis Jones or a project NT like Hankins would be much better selections.
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Hunt could certainly play on the inside on pass rushing downs, but he's more of a LEO in our scheme and anyway you break it down he'd be a situational player throughout his career here. Not something I think we use a 1st round pick on. While we may really need another LEO player to with Irvin if Clemons leaves next year, we won't be spending a 1st on a backup.

Corner doesn't make much sense either, but I suppose that depends on how you see Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman playing this year. If they play how they did last year, CB is one of the last things we'll be looking for in round 1. If you think one has a really bad slump than CB is obviously an option.

As of right now, I think a starting OLB like Jarvis Jones or a project NT like Hankins would be much better selections.

I gotcha. Just seeing your take. I think Hankins would be a better pick for you guys so that's probably the pick I will switch you to when I update my mock. Appreciate all the help.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Best draft for Chicago I've seen on this board so far.. Te'o would be the perfect successor to Urlacher, and in the meantime start at SLB.. Also a perfect scheme for him to play in the T2. In the second go BPA OT/CB.

Yeah it made good sense to me as well. Te'o and Urlacher on the same defense would almost be unfair Laughing I was thinking CB in the 2nd so I guess we were on the same page which is good to hear.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you'll give us a OT or Terrence Williams from Baylor..

whatever you do make sure to look at our draft history.. only 1 underclassmen taken since the new regime.. and he graduated early (RGIII)
[UMN]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathieu won't go in the top-20, let alone the top-3.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick for MN, they cant afford to pass on a more premier QB prospect if they have yet another top 5 pick.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in hell we draft Dyer. IMO he is a system misfit and the off the field red.... No chance.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Mathieu won't go in the top-20, let alone the top-3.

As a S I would say he would push his teammate for the best S in the draft. If he was drafted to play CB I wouldn't take him in the first. I thought about putting Reid up there, but that would have gotten some complaints too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Good pick for MN, they cant afford to pass on a more premier QB prospect if they have yet another top 5 pick.

Yeah, I got a buddy that's a big Vikes fan so I would love to see Bray go there Laughing

But you're right picking top 5 again would lead me to believe QB is the way to go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: