Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Rumors/reports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all it took was Rey and a 5th to move up for Kuechly, I would be doing backflips. Kuechly has all the instincts that Rey lacks.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
If all it took was Rey and a 5th to move up for Kuechly, I would be doing backflips. Kuechly has all the instincts that Rey lacks.

Agreed. I just dont know if that would be enough. Trade up for Keuchly and draft a CB with our next pick. I would be so happy

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Quote:
The Bengals have been rumored to be in trade discussions with the Seahawks to acquire their 12th pick for the 21st and Rey Maualuga so that they can grab Kuechly." found on DRAFTTEK

I don't know how reliable the source, but I saw this earlier. Not sure I believe Rey is enough to move up.

It might be. He's a good, almost great, LB. It'd be a good move for the Seahawks if they don't like anyone in that position.

Not sure i would love the move.

Really?

What don't you like about it? I know LB isnt a need, but Keuchly is much better than Rey

Based on what? He's a college player. He could be Brian Bosworth. Rey has proven that when he's healthy, he can lead a defense (in the NFL). I can't believe everyone is ready to jump ship on him after one injury plagued season. Last year the talk was about he had to move to MLB because Dhani was old. Great. He moved. He got injured midway through the season and was never the same.

This move would be completely irrational and rash, and completely typical of Bengals behavior.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Quote:
The Bengals have been rumored to be in trade discussions with the Seahawks to acquire their 12th pick for the 21st and Rey Maualuga so that they can grab Kuechly." found on DRAFTTEK

I don't know how reliable the source, but I saw this earlier. Not sure I believe Rey is enough to move up.

It might be. He's a good, almost great, LB. It'd be a good move for the Seahawks if they don't like anyone in that position.

Not sure i would love the move.

Really?

What don't you like about it? I know LB isnt a need, but Keuchly is much better than Rey

Based on what? He's a college player. He could be Brian Bosworth. Rey has proven that when he's healthy, he can lead a defense (in the NFL). I can't believe everyone is ready to jump ship on him after one injury plagued season. Last year the talk was about he had to move to MLB because Dhani was old. Great. He moved. He got injured midway through the season and was never the same.

This move would be completely irrational and rash, and completely typical of Bengals behavior.

I personally think he is the better prospect. I was not a fan of Rey. he is a thumper but not a coverage backer and not a play maker.

Rey has been solid, but far from anything special so far. He misses tackles and over runs a lot of plays. I do not see that from Keuchly. I think he would help our defense greatly personally.

I think we have bigger needs than LB and would not want any other LB in the draft except a mid to late round WLB prospect. But I would not be opposed to Keuchly in any way. I would rather make this move and take him than sit still and take Upshaw with 1 of our picks

theJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I personally think he is the better prospect. I was not a fan of Rey. he is a thumper but not a coverage backer and not a play maker.

Rey has been solid, but far from anything special so far. He misses tackles and over runs a lot of plays. I do not see that from Keuchly. I think he would help our defense greatly personally.

I think we have bigger needs than LB and would not want any other LB in the draft except a mid to late round WLB prospect. But I would not be opposed to Keuchly in any way. I would rather make this move and take him than sit still and take Upshaw with 1 of our picks

That's just it though: he's just a prospect. No sure thing. Rey is good. And hardly has any NFL experience at LB yet. Remember how good the defense was weeks 1-8 last year with a healthy Rey?

Not only that, but the Bengals would be giving up another prospect to do this. Basically Rey + 17 for Luke (not proven). 1 proven player and 1 with potential for 1 with potential. Seems silly to me.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
That's just it though: he's just a prospect. No sure thing. Rey is good. And hardly has any NFL experience at LB yet. Remember how good the defense was weeks 1-8 last year with a healthy Rey?

Not only that, but the Bengals would be giving up another prospect to do this. Basically Rey + 17 for Luke (not proven). 1 proven player and 1 with potential for 1 with potential. Seems silly to me.

Rey, even when healthy isn't always good. He's average/injured most of the time with some great play mixed in here and there. Not sure if we should expect consistently good play out of Rey...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I'm with you. I'd never trade a solid player and pick for a pick. You're filling a need created by moving player x out.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rey has been an inconsistent and injury prone 2 down LB. He flashes moments where he is really good, and then he'll disappear.

Kuechly is a 3 down LB with (imo) better instincts

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
futbudds

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

Rey, even when healthy isn't always good. He's average/injured most of the time with some great play mixed in here and there. Not sure if we should expect consistently good play out of Rey...

Could reyrey's last few off field incidences be the catalyst for this? Marvin might have had enough with guys he 's not sure he can trust. Also i'm not sure Seattle would go for it. If anyone could pull it off it would be mikey but that is steep. I would love it if they pulled it off though.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Rey has been an inconsistent and injury prone 2 down LB. He flashes moments where he is really good, and then he'll disappear.

He was really only injured last year. And he played through that ankle injury late in the season when he probably shouldn't have. Before that, we was great. Everyone on this board was singing his praises.

And i have to disagree again with that last statement. Kuechly hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. It's unfair to say what he's better at than Rey when he's only played college competition. Digging through some previous reports, most had this guy as a 2-down linebacker until the combine when he ran a fast 40. Now because of a 4.6s run in shorts everyone thinks he can be one of the best LB's in the NFL?

To me, this is completely silly and has to be a smoke screen at this point. We don't even know if Kuechly will make it to 13. Hell, we don't even know if Seattle would give that pick up since they have a need at MLB too.

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

He was really only injured last year. And he played through that ankle injury late in the season when he probably shouldn't have. Before that, we was great. Everyone on this board was singing his praises.

And i have to disagree again with that last statement. Kuechly hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. It's unfair to say what he's better at than Rey when he's only played college competition. Digging through some previous reports, most had this guy as a 2-down linebacker until the combine when he ran a fast 40. Now because of a 4.6s run in shorts everyone thinks he can be one of the best LB's in the NFL?

To me, this is completely silly and has to be a smoke screen at this point. We don't even know if Kuechly will make it to 13. Hell, we don't even know if Seattle would give that pick up since they have a need at MLB too.

I agree to the bottom part. I dont know who the source is but it doesnt seem legit. We never trade up, and the compensation doesnt make sense. I am a Rey fan, but I like Keuchly and think he would be a great MLB for us. But I dont see it happening anyway

theJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I agree to the bottom part. I dont know who the source is but it doesnt seem legit. We never trade up, and the compensation doesnt make sense. I am a Rey fan, but I like Keuchly and think he would be a great MLB for us. But I dont see it happening anyway

Kuechly might be the next Ray Lewis for all i know. Maybe he would be great for the Bengals. The most important thing to keep in mind though is that in order to do this the team would be trading away a solid player and another first round pick for a "maybe". That's a lot of risk. A LOT of risk.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Kuechly might be the next Ray Lewis for all i know. Maybe he would be great for the Bengals. The most important thing to keep in mind though is that in order to do this the team would be trading away a solid player and another first round pick for a "maybe". That's a lot of risk. A LOT of risk.

Hasn't Maualuga got a Goodell suspension comin' for his last arrest too ?

I think Zim might be pi$$ed enough with Rey too to trade him away. Zim also likes Muckleroy too if he can stay healthy.

This trade wouldn't surprise me too much, given the Pete Carroll/ USC connection up in Seattle.

Would they risk losing another vet LB after trading away Rivers ?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I dont know who the source is but it doesnt seem legit. We never trade up, and the compensation doesnt make sense. I am a Rey fan, but I like Keuchly and think he would be a great MLB for us. But I dont see it happening anyway

this......
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two picks left...DDC...on the board...will a team jump us to take him? Seattle and the Jets surely wouldn't...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: