Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

iloxygenil's FFMD News, Highlights, and Insights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
GABBERT TO BLACKMON

GABBERT SCARED? NAH. NAH. GABBERT EXCITED.

Well you're half way there...

The way you put that doesn't work in the way that you think it does.

I just mean you have the stud WR, now you just need a QB. Nice pick up though.

Chad Henne sucka.

Totally forgot. You guys are set then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Panthers are desperate, and it shows. Jenkins is not someone who should have gone that high, but can't fault them for trying, he certainly showed the talent to be selected that high, but he's just not the caliber person you should sink that much stock into. Suspended players can't make plays, no matter how talented.

Things that make ya say hrmmm..
iloxygenil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grading the First Round:

1 Colts : Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - E, I can't give this any other grade but E for expected. There really was no other option, even if I believe that Griffin is the better long term prospect, the Colts put themselves in this position, and now they're hoping they've got Peyton 2.0.

2 Redskins (from Rams) : Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor - C, if I could grade this higher I would, but giving up 3 potential top 10 picks for 1 is just such a painful trade that I couldn't possibly grade this any higher. Even if Griffin saves the franchise in a way no one can really expect, unless it means winning a Super Bowl in the next 5 years there's no way to grade this any higher.

3 Vikings : Matt Kalil, OT, USC - B+, I can't give this an A because of where they're picking they're supposed to pick a talent like this kid, great selection, but with as many holes as this team has they couldn't have really made a bad choice with the 3rd overall pick.

4 Browns : Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama - A, I know you're supposed to get an elite talent picking top 5, but to fill a massive void left by Peyton Hillis and do it with a guy who has potential to be the best RB in the NFL in the next couple of seasons you're getting an A from me. I love Richardson's skills, build, and way he plays the game, he's the best prospect the NFL has seen at RB in quite some time. Hope for Cleveland's sake he stays healthy.

5 Buccaneers : Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU - A, Again, you're supposed to get this level of talent here, but for the draft to play out this way for Tampa is just perfect. They are going to have a dynamic set of Corners and in the NFC South you need a plethora of good ones to keep up with all the slingin goin on down there. Great selection and I hope for their sake that it works out off the field better than Talib has.

6 Rams (from Redskins) : Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - D, They pass on the superior prospect in order to select Floyd, a WR who lacks explosion and big play threat. Blackmon was the easy choice here, and they flubbed it up. Not saying Floyd will be a bust, and not saying he won't have some success, but given the offense for the Rams I'd gladly take Blackmon to pair up with Bradford, I know Sammy is crying IRL somewhere over this one.

7 Jaguars : Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St. - A+, The Jags were in desperate need, they get an elite prospect and the best player at his position in the draft. They get him now with a chip on his shoulder of not being the first WR taken, as if he needed any further motivation. They also get one of the classiest players in this draft and a guy they won't have to worry about having off field issues. This has to be a dream come true for the organization and it's fans.

8 Dolphins : Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M - C - I can't give this any more than that yet, simply because I don't believe that he belongs here as the selection. He's not a top 10 player to me, but at the same time, he plays the most valuable position in the NFL and if he can step up for an organization who's been without a really good QB for quite some time this has the potential to be an A, but for now I say C.

9 Panthers : Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College - A, The Panthers make a great selection here, despite already having an elite MLB on their squad in Beason Kuechly allows Beason to move to one of the other LB positions and a weakness for the team now has become a strength, and behind that pass rush they have you should have this kid racking up the tackles, he's a great player. Good selection.

10 Bills : David DeCastro, OG, Stanford - B, I give this one a B for BORING! But it's also a B because it's a very good selection. This is a team that needs to keep their franchise QB upright and needs some help opening rushing lanes for a guy like Spiller who could be amazingly dynamic given a little bit more space and help. This is a tough hard nosed team that just got a little tougher, very good job Bills.

11 Chiefs : Dontari Poe, DT/NT, Memphis - C, Obviously the Chiefs need this monster, and obviously he's got all the physical ability in the world, but I am just not convinced he's ready for the NFL life that comes off the field. I hope for the Chiefs sake I am wrong and he lives up to his potential, but I just don't see it working out quite as well as expected. This defense has a lot of high draft picks invested on the DL and they haven't all played out very well, here's to hoping for ya Chiefs fans.

12 Seahawks : Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina - B+, Fantastic pass rusher, who cares about his lack of size, he's really really good. He gives a Seahawks team that needs a lot of help a big boost to one of the most important positions in the pass happy NFL. Great job getting a good 'value' pick at #12, that's not something you can say very often.

13 Cardinals : Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa - A, This pick is perfect for the Cardinals, they flubbed up before picking an OT too high, but this kid is a great prospect and in some ways I like him better than even Kalil. So for the Cardinals to fill a massive hole with a borderline elite prospect all the way down the board at 13 without having to move up to get him, that's fantastic. Might not be a flashy pick but in my opinion this is the best pick they could have made.

14 Cowboys : Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina - B/B, I give this a B/B grade simply because of the boom/bust potential. Putting Coples out there with Ware could make for some absolutely devastating pass rush, but if Coples keeps his complacent attitude that's just happy to be here sort of thing it could end up failing miserably. Ware isn't going to be elite forever, but he can pass on a lot to Coples, potentially a great matchup and a very big boost to a Dallas team that needs it. Plus, he makes a great addition to the all-bus team. You know, they get off the bus and they look like they're a player, but look like Tarzan plays like Jane.

15 Eagles : Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi St. - B+, I can't give the Eagles an A here, why, because I hate the Eagles! Easy enough! But this is a great pick as they get the best DT in the draft at the #15 overall pick, that's not going to happen very often so they get great value at a position they need help with, with that wide 9 the DTs have become even more important, and this is going to be a good fit in Eagle land.

16 Panthers (via Jets) : Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama - D, Well after making a great pick just a few selections earlier in the draft the Panthers decide to hope against hope that Jenkins isn't going to continue to be a knucklehead. I don't see it happening for them, and while he has massive potential this kid has PacMan written all over him.

17 Bengals (from Raiders) : Cordy Glenn, OT/OG, Georgia - B, very good addition to a team that isn't too far from being where they want to be, winning playoff games. They nailed it with the QB and WR last year, now they're investing in protecting that valuable QB, and they're going to help out their rushing attack with this absolute monster, very good pick here for the Bengals.

18 Chargers : Nick Perry, OLB, USC - B+, Lights Out in San Diego! This is the pass rush you have been looking for ever since, well Lights out. Lets just hope this kid doesn't give in to the whole 'supplement' thing that Cushing did and more importantly he doesn't follow exactly in Light's out footsteps in that manner. But this should help a really poor defense in a division that desperately is seeking a team to step up and grab it by the throat. The Broncos grabbed Manning, the Chargers counter with Perry, I like it.

19 Bears : Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama - A, I gotta give this an A, I teetered on giving them a C, but this pick just fits their scheme so well, and on defense they need some size in their secondary. This guy brings it, and even if he doesn't pan out at the corner spot he's going to make a very good Safety in the NFL. There weren't a lot of other options out there for a very good Bears team to upgrade, this is a good one.

20 Titans : Devon Still, DT, Penn State - C, reach. That's all I can say at this point, if this was your guy, trade back and pick him up later, he's just not a top 20 player, the DT position is massively deep this year and even if you need it like the Titans do, don't reach. Fall back get your guy and pick up a few more players along the way.

21 Bengals : Mark Barron, SS, Alabama - C, After nailing it with the #17 pick I don't like this selection as well. He reminds me sort of a guy named Roman Harper, you know, possibly the most over hyped defensive player in the NFL. The guy who got absolutely abused and exposed in pass coverage on more than one occasion. He's a linebacker who plays Safety, while that has some advantages, it has some massive disadvantages as well. I give ya a C just to be nice, cause I don't see him fitting in the NFL.

22 Browns (from Falcons) : Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor - B+, Weapons, check. Well loading up on 2 first round skill players is going to help an offense in desperate need, but honestly I like Wright as a big deep play guy, and they don't have the QB for that, they run the WCO, I'm not sure Wright is the right fit for that system. But the player brings yet another dimension to the Browns simply by relegating Joshua Cribbs back to his return role, and makes the team better simply by doing that.

23 Lions : Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford - B, good pick. Trying to help Stafford stay upright is a good thing, and he needs it. Keeping pressure off the QB is going to help him chuck it up eyes closed to Megatron even more than he already did. Sometimes you choose to build on strengths and I think this is what the Lions are doing here, good job.

24 Steelers : Stephon Gilmore, DB, South Carolina - A, I love this guy. I don't know why, and that prolly is the death knell for his career and for this pick, but I really like him and I think the Steelers really got some help in a secondary that Tebow shredded to the tune of 316 yards in the playoffs. This is an elite defense, this guy will fit in nicely. I can't think of a better place for a CB to go than to play here.

25 Broncos : Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan St. - C, this one is tough for me, another need, but I still see the need pressing elsewhere, and I also see DT as super deep in this draft, I'd have been willing to let him slip past because this defense is already really good, and I think Peyton wants another toy, I could easily have seen Fleener here as a better pick.

26 Packers (from Texans) : Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama - B+, well the rich get richer. This kid can flat play football and is a traditional Packers pick, expect him to really do well on this defense and expect the Packers to have hit the nail on the head in the draft yet again. Very very good selection to help a team that fell off a little in terms of pass rush last year.

27 Patriots (from Saints) : Michael Brockers, DT/DE, LSU - B, Brockers just has bust written all over him, but because of Bill's track record of getting the most out of guys I'd say this is the ideal situation for him to have landed in. He's got the potential to add something they haven't had since they let Richard go, a massive body at that DE spot who can press the pocket. But he also could end up asking people if they want fries with that if his effort doesn't improve.

28 Colts (from Texans via Packers) : Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - A, good job Colts, getting Luck his security blanket and making an impressive selection all the way down at #28. I know TE isn't a prime position for most, but when you've got a young QB you've gotta have him an easy read out there, and Fleener is a big time mismatch who helps get this Colts offense a little bit closer to what the Colts fans are used to seeing.

29 Ravens : Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina - A+, I'm sorry, but to allow the Ravens to get this calibre of talent this late in the first round is just stupid. What are the other teams thinking, they already have the "Best QB in the NFL" they don't even need another WR, he can throw the ball to himself 70 yards down field any time he wants, oh wait, reality check. Flacco sucks, but now he's got a true #1 WR and a fantastic big play guy in Smith from last year. Great job by the Ravens helping out a poor QB, and giving him everything he needs to hopefully take their team to the next level, the window is almost closed on this team, but not quite yet, and Jeffery may have just been what they needed.

30 49ers : Mike Adams, OT, Ohio St. - B, again, BORING! C'mon 9ers spice it up a bit! Very good player, and for a team that loves to run the ball like the 9ers, this really is a very good selection can't hate on them for that by any stretch. Really hope he lives up to his potential for them, because this could be a really great pick to solidify an offensive line on a team that really has a ton of talent already.

31 Patriots : Shea McClellan, OLB, Boise State - T, TYPICAL, The Patriots land one of those lunch pail guys and this guy can flat play football. He may not be the best size, speed, strength guy, but he's a football player and letting the Pats have a guy like this to play with is just turning that defense around in no time. For a team with a window that is closing, they sure do seem to land a lot of quality draft picks and players. Good selection and good luck to everyone else who tries to get in the way.

32 Giants : Whitney Mercillus, DE, Illinois - C-, I almost went D+ but hey the Giants if anyone know the importance of Dlinemen and what they can do, heck they just won them another Super Bowl. So, again, the rich get richer, but I don't think Mercillus is the best selection, lots of other ways that the Giants really need help, and DE isn't it. Hope it keeps working for them, but if you don't get some more talent at other positions you're going to end up having to start some of these guys at TE and WR.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stopping by to let you know I've been following this thread. Keep up the good work.

I do take offense to the comment on the Stache-Brow Bomber, but whatevs. I think the selection of Jeffery will finally give him the redzone threat to help him and our offense increase it's redzone efficiency. Cam Cameron is stubborn and doesn't change his scheme to his player's strengths (Flacco, Boldin, OL) but Jeffery finally gives our offense the player it needs on the outside to run Cameron's vertical offense effectively. He has enough speed to be effective as an intermediate-deep option threat, but has the strength/hands to be effective running the outside routes that Mason/Flacco made a staple of their success a couple years back. Jeffery is also good with slant patterns against man2man and outside of Kenny Britt he's probably the most physically dominant WR I've scouted.

I disagree about your grading of Mike Floyd though. IMO, he's the best WR in this class above Blackmon and Jeffery. He's not quite as strong as Jeffery but, he has fluid hips, is stronger than most WRs, has good speed, and great hands. He's an elite prospect.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Just stopping by to let you know I've been following this thread. Keep up the good work.

I do take offense to the comment on the Stache-Brow Bomber, but whatevs. I think the selection of Jeffery will finally give him the redzone threat to help him and our offense increase it's redzone efficiency. Cam Cameron is stubborn and doesn't change his scheme to his player's strengths (Flacco, Boldin, OL) but Jeffery finally gives our offense the player it needs on the outside to run Cameron's vertical offense effectively. He has enough speed to be effective as an intermediate-deep option threat, but has the strength/hands to be effective running the outside routes that Mason/Flacco made a staple of their success a couple years back. Jeffery is also good with slant patterns against man2man and outside of Kenny Britt he's probably the most physically dominant WR I've scouted.

I disagree about your grading of Mike Floyd though. IMO, he's the best WR in this class above Blackmon and Jeffery. He's not quite as strong as Jeffery but, he has fluid hips, is stronger than most WRs, has good speed, and great hands. He's an elite prospect.

Cool, and thanks for the feedback, good to know people are reading, and I understand why you wouldn't agree with some of the stuff.

I can see elite numbers in Floyd's production, but I just don't see it translating in the NFL, and I could be totally wrong on that, I just don't like him, there's something about him that strikes me funny
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still was a reach? Confused He's the best DT in this draft. No way he'd fall past the Broncos so we couldn't really trade back.
iloxygenil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Still was a reach? Confused He's the best DT in this draft. No way he'd fall past the Broncos so we couldn't really trade back.

I'm sure many people have different opinions on Still, I think he's an immense talent that hasn't done everything that he needed to to be considered the best DT in this draft. Not only does he not have the highest ceiling, he also doesn't have the highest floor either. I think picking him thatearly is a mistake, I have him in the middle of the second round. Somewhere around the top 40 in players, but due to the massive amount of quality DTs pushing him down a little bit in the draft.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Go watch him play against Wisconsin and get back to me. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Go watch him play against ALABAMA and get back to me!!

Props to Kempes ^
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

He doesn't like talking about any other DT except Brockers who sucks. Throw on his game tape and its trash. Still does everything. Pass-rush, stops the run, commands double teams, great leader. What else do you want from a DT.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iloxygenil wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I'm sure many people have different opinions on Still, I think he's an immense talent that hasn't done everything that he needed to to be considered the best DT in this draft. Not only does he not have the highest ceiling, he also doesn't have the highest floor either. I think picking him thatearly is a mistake, I have him in the middle of the second round. Somewhere around the top 40 in players, but due to the massive amount of quality DTs pushing him down a little bit in the draft.

Middle of 2nd round? Are you crazy? Confused Laughing Laughing Laughing
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I preferred Brockers tape against Alabama. Still had a solid game against them, but still he mostly beat them with speed. He doesn't out muscle players or hold his ground when they lock on very well. That's fine and all, he might make for a good penetrating UT, but I fail to see what makes him special overall. With pass rushers you want guys with fast first steps and if they have good power at the core on top of that to set the edge, then it's an added bonus and makes them a complete player. With DT's it's the opposite. You want good guys to hold the point of attack and try to drive the player back a yard or two, and if they also happen to have a great first step and athleticism, then it's an added bonus. Still has the athleticism and first step, but I question whether his power at its core is worthy of a first round selection.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
iloxygenil wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I get that you have a position about a certain player, but the problem is you feel so strongly about it that you call people crazy for thinking differently even though many draft gurus have Still as the 4th or 5th best DT in this draft.

As a matter of fact a consensus ranking I saw recently had the average draft spot for him when taking into account all internet draft gurus at 31. That means his "crazy" idea of a mid second is closer to the consensus than your idea of him being a top 15 pick. Maybe most of the world is "crazy" though? Brockers rating was 14th by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
iloxygenil wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I get that you have a position about a certain player, but the problem is you feel so strongly about it that you call people crazy for thinking differently even though many draft gurus have Still as the 4th or 5th best DT in this draft.

As a matter of fact a consensus ranking I saw recently had the average draft spot for him when taking into account all internet draft gurus at 31. That means his "crazy" idea of a mid second is closer to the consensus than your idea of him being a top 15 pick. Maybe most of the world is "crazy" though? Brockers rating was 14th by the way.

Draft Guru's? That's hilarious. Actually there's alot of people on here that have Still over Brockers. Most have Fletcher Cox 1st with Still 2nd. Alot of people dislike Brockers on this site. Also those draft guru's you speak of, are you talking the dummies like Mayock, Kiper, and McShay. Mayock has Poe #1, yea that's real expert like Rolling Eyes
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
iloxygenil wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Draft Guru's? That's hilarious. Actually there's alot of people on here that have Still over Brockers. Most have Fletcher Cox 1st with Still 2nd. Alot of people dislike Brockers on this site. Also those draft guru's you speak of, are you talking the dummies like Mayock, Kiper, and McShay. Mayock has Poe #1, yea that's real expert like Rolling Eyes

You are hopeless! But I should have known that from the start. You're a Hurricane's fan...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: