Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Diehl arrested for DWI
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: David Diehl arrested for DWI Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/shimon4ny/status/212002724680708097

Quote:
NY Giants offensive lineman David Diehl arrested for DWI according to police sources in Queens on 35th avenue. Being held at the 114pct.

Oh no. Possible suspension on the horizon?

I do not think he will be suspended as this is his first run in with the law I believe, but he will get fined if he is guilty
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: David Diehl arrested for DWI Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:

Quote:
NY Giants offensive lineman David Diehl arrested for DWI according to police sources in Queens on 35th avenue. Being held at the 114pct.

I do not think he will be suspended as this is his first run in with the law I believe, but he will get fined if he is guilty

Ehh. Happens to the best of em. I'm not worried.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: David Diehl arrested for DWI Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:

Quote:

First NFL player ever to get caught drunk-driving, as near as I can recall.

Probably looking at a lifetime ban and 18-to-20 years in Dannemora.

- Poor guy was just celebrating Croatia's win in the World Cup.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booooo cmon Dave you're supposed to be better than that
maes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know it's become pretty common in the nfl nowadays, but people in this thread should stop acting like getting a DWI is no big deal.

david diehl, you sir are an idiot and deserve whatever punishment you get.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly dont think there's a dumber crime than a DWI
mlv

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
i know it's become pretty common in the nfl nowadays, but people in this thread should stop acting like getting a DWI is no big deal.

Very good post. Dude blew a 0.18, that's serious stuff. Diehl deserves whatever he gets.
maes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
maes wrote:

Very good post. Dude blew a 0.18, that's serious stuff. Diehl deserves whatever he gets.

Yup, that means if he was drinking for 3 hours he had to consume close to 20 beers before he hopped into his car.

And for those of you that didn't know, they found him because he crashed his car into a row of parked cars on the side of the road. He's lucky the cars he crashed into had nobody in it or this thread would read "David Diehl charged with manslaughter."
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You take the letter s out of manslaughter and you get manlaughter. Amazing what one letter can do.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
You take the letter s out of manslaughter and you get manlaughter. Amazing what one letter can do.

or you add an "s" to laughter house and you get slaughter house.

Diehl is an idiot, though. I expected better from him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im Croatian and was at the Croatian bar where Diehl was..He was having a good time celebrating Croatia's victory over Ireland in Euro 2012..He made a mistake and should have called for car service..He is lucky he didn't hurt anyone..I don't think though there is one person who can honestly say they never drank and drove..Hopefully he learned his lesson and call for car service if he is going to drink..
maes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cromagnum wrote:
I don't think though there is one person who can honestly say they never drank and drove..Hopefully he learned his lesson and call for car service if he is going to drink..

there are actually many people that can.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
cromagnum wrote:
I don't think though there is one person who can honestly say they never drank and drove..Hopefully he learned his lesson and call for car service if he is going to drink..

I don't like to judge people on one DUI. Mistakes happen. I've made one two months before my 21st. I was sober but being behind the wheel for only a block is still drunk driving. It changed my life and I've learned from it and moved on and will always be the DD if I go out with my friends.

When people get more than one DUI is just beyond me. You learn a lot and grow up after the first.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
cromagnum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
cromagnum wrote:

So you have never had a few drinks and drove yeeeeeee suuuuuurrrreeeee. I'm sure you live your life like mother Theresa.
BassistofDoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never drank and drove in my life. And even if "everyone does" it doesn't mean it's not something serious that can have disastrous consequences. It looks like David Diehl is taking the right steps to say he's sorry. Here is a quote from him: "Don't put yourself in that situation of drinking and driving. No one is above the law or indestructible...it's been awful and unlike anything I've experienced in my life." Diehl also apparently went around personally to each of his teammates and apologized for his actions. This is what he said on Twitter:
"I've worked hard during my career to set a positive example, and [two days ago] I fell short of this standard."
"I apologize to my family, my fans, my teammates, the New York Giants, and the NFL."
"I made a poor decision that I sincerely regret, and, as always, take full responsibility for my actions."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: