Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What position will give us 10 years of service with our 1st?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: What position will give us 10 years of service with our 1st? Reply with quote

Honestly guys ive been thinkin about this alot. What position is worth picking in the top ten that will give you 10 or more years?????
im thinkin OT and QB.
With us pickin in the top ten for the first time in ten years wouldnt you think we'll pick up our future LT at like 9 if we trade down with the redskins for example.
Im not for Barron, im just sayin that no CB will give us much future and Samari and Dyson were both second rounders. We got Norm Chow to give him talent to mold to his system.
And all the needs that we have ( CB,RB,WR) are all deep this year. And there is only a couple of OT this year capable of bein a future LT. Hopkins most likely will be here next year.
Tell me what ya think....
Dont bash me about us pickin Barron
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah a lineman or a QB but we would have to trade down to get a lineman worthy of the pick. Trading down only a few places would make sense.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its not a sexy pick. but you just have to think realistic about it. I think CB is out of the question. We can pick up two WR like Fred Gibson, Chris Henry, or Roscoe Parrish.
I personally want us to get Mike Williams just because of the star potential. But with Barron you dont really have to worry about him bein a bust as mush as u do with WR, CB, or RB.
Hes the best pass blocker in college and it will help mcnair play longer than it would a WR or RB. Barron clocks in at 6'7.4" and weighs 320 not bad. And he broke the record for the Cybex test. It mechanically measures leg strength. If he gets around 30 reps for 225 then i would so most definetly pick him. Or did he already bench??
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i have always liked Barron plain and simply because he is the best player it his position in this years draft. I'm not sure if he has already benched yet but it would be interesting to see what he can do. I don't know all of the players stats, infact i know very little of the players combines because the NFL gets little to no coverage of the Pre-season over here in England so if you can keep me updated i would be very grateful if thats OK.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say a WR can last well over 10 years. That's why Williams and Edwards would be good picks.

I wouldn't mind getting Barron if we can trade down to around 12. He may raise his stock some after the combine and pro days. I think there are players that have just as much potential as him in the 2nd and 3rd round though.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
Burton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm set on a WR, they give atleast 10 years. If you look at my other post you'll see how us getting Williams is now possible.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
Bobo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O lineman and QB's may last longer on average, but I don't think we take one at 6.

If Steve stays, who knows how many more years he wants to play? If Chow's O protects him more and he decides to be more of a pocket passer that doesn't hold on to the ball too long, he could last many more years. And I have confidence that Volek is worth getting a shot when Steve retires.

Brad will be here this year, maybe even next year. But next year's OT class looks like it'll be a lot better for high picks than this year's draft. Many think Barron or Brown aren't worth a top 10. I wouldn't reach.

I see the point of wanting a guy who can be a good starter for a long time, but it doesn't look like it stacks up good for us this year if it's a OT or QB.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets say that we go decent next year and dont have a chance to pick up an oline like Barron.
i definetly wouldnt say WR, theres no way.
Name a top ten pick WR thats been with the same team for 8 to ten years............ Laughing
Bobo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our chances of doing very well next year are slim IMO. I'd be happy with 8-8. Even if we do good, that doesn't change the fact that you should not reach for a guy (Barron).

Just from some of the guys coming out next year, it looks like even a middle of the round guy next year may be going early this year.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will somebody name a top ten pick WR thats been with the team for 8 to ten years...
But i still want Mike Williams
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, Michael Irvin, Ike Hilliard, Torry Holt. Most of the other WR's taken in the top ten I had never heard. There are a lot of great recievers that have spent about 5-6 season with their teams. I think Williams would be a good pick, but looking at past draft it's amazing how many more pro bowl WR's there are in the late first round and beyond.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
Titans2004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Barron has helped himself at the combine with the cybex test and vertical leap of 35 sure shows his explosiveness...I would love to trade down and get an extra 2nd and still land either Brown or Barron at their appropriate value...but if Barron continues to impress he might be a value at #6....another player that could play 10 yrs is DJ....Mcginest was drafted #4 in '94 and Brooks was a 1st rnder in '95...I think DJ would be the highest impact player we could get because he will improve our pass rush with his blitzing skills, our pass coverage with his speed to blanket TEs and RBs, and he can be a special teams demon like Bulluck was his first several yrs..
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about those WR. Good info.
Yeah Barron just may move up to six with his excellent combine. I would like us to get Williams, Barron, or Dj. I think these guys will impact the team most out of all the drafties. Did Barron do his bench press yet???
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barron has really impressed. I havent heard his 40 time yet but i dont think he has run. If he does well in his drills, runs about a 5.0 flat 40, and benches about 33 times, i think he will be a legitimate top 10 pick.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he benches it 33 times then we might just pick him at six. Hes got real awsome overall strength. Only thing wrong with him is his past injuries but if you do that many reps then you shoulder seems alright to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: