Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is a QB a possibility?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Is a QB a possibility? Reply with quote

Not trying to be pessimistic or anything here, but McNair can only handle so much. Another blow to that sternum and it could be all over, even if it is repaired. Guys will be aiming for it now. Anybody think there is a possibility of us picking a QB in the mid to late rounds, to let Norm Chow mold him?
I really really want Adrian McPherson for some reason. I have a feeling that he is going to be a star. Also, I know we're getting a third rd. pick for Kearse, but what other compensatory picks will we get?
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should spend a mid to late round pick on one, but I don't know if we will. If Mcpherson is there with our 2nd, which is unlikely, we'll probably take a long,hard look at him, and the same goes for Andrew Walters in the third. I do think we will draft one sometime in the next 2 years.

To answer your last question, we should probably get a 5th for Robaire Smith, and that's it for comp picks.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see us grabbin a QB in the draft unless we cut Johnson.
TitansWinSuperBowl!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, who the hell is Adrian McPherson? Second, even if it costs us a second round pick, I would love to see the Titans draft Jason Campbell. This guy could be our starter in two or three years. I know everyone will say the Titans need a CB and everyone is right but the last time I checked the most important player on a team wasn't its corner its its QB. McNair will only last about two or three more years anyway so we need to start grooming his successor. Plus this guy is a lot like McNair. He just looks like a Titan to me.
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you fully that Jason Campbell looks like a Titan. Big build strong arm and the same accuracy questions as McNair coming out of College. But you also said you didn't know who Adrian McPherson. He won Mr. Football and Mr. Basketball for the state of Forida. He was one of the top H.S. QB's in the nation. And he had a phenononal year at FSU before he was caught gambling on games along with some other type of fraud. Instead of pouting and becoming a crack head and writing a book, he took himself to the AFL to keep playing and keep working out. He is arguably the best QB in the AFL, and has kept himself in top shape. Rumored to run around a 4.5 in the forty, and scouts have said that he can make ALL the throws...He could be scary.
Burton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were not drafting a QB unless mac retires, or in the extreme case we cut Doug Johnson, no team carries 4 QB's especially 3 that are supposidly can or will be starters.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: